“Good value hotel”

Apple Tree Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Keenthorne
“Good value hotel”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I've stayed at this hotel for quite a few weeks now so I think my comments are of value.
This is a great little hotel offering good value accommodation, good food and hospitality.
I would recommend it to anyone looking for a stay in the area.
I've tried almost all food on the menu and have my favourites but it's all good food, well prepared and presented. They have specials each night.
Beats staying in premier inn or other bland hotel chains!!

• Stayed June 2014
simonbrice, Owner at Apple Tree Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
It's always good to get feedback on how we are doing and thank you for taking the time to review the Apple Tree. We will certainly pass your comments on to the staff and will continue to do our utmost to make your stay a positive experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
West Country, near Bristol
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Just a coffee stop on a road trip for my mother and I. We were greeted warmly by our host, who apologised that he had just turned on the coffee machines so there might be a delay. Then he offered us filter coffee as the fastest option (many other varieties of serving coffee available here) and asked if we would care for any cakes or biscuits as an accompaniment. Thrilled to discover that the chocolate brownies were gluten free, we decided to treat ourselves, and a most decadent choice this turned out to be. A pot of coffee, containing two cups each or four in total, cost a mere £2 and was more than adequate to revive us to complete our journey. The surroundings were comfortable and quirky, the service friendly and charming, and a momentary whim to stop proved a very wise choice indeed. We'll stop again next time we pass that way.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
simonbrice, Owner at Apple Tree Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for your lovely review, we are so pleased you enjoyed your coffee break with us and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two weeks whilst working at power station.hosts actually got up early at weekends to cook me a breakfast one and a half hours earlier than normal,a real family feel to this hotel and nice food. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone.peace and quiet throughout.

• Stayed February 2014
simonbrice, Owner at Apple Tree Hotel, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Apple Tree and for your kind review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay, wherever we can we will go that extra mile to accommodate our guests. We hope to see you again in the not too distant future.
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I stayed in the Apple Tree Hotel for one night while working in the area. It was recommended by colleagues who have stayed here before.

My room was well equipped and decorated, however, it may feel a bit dated to the younger generation. The en-suite was very good with a walk-in shower. The room had everything you needed from a 3 star hotel: Tea/coffee, still & sparkling water, large flat screen TV with DVD player, WiFi, double bed which was really comfortable. Good night's sleep. The room was a little cold, but it was December and had 3 outside walls (Room 10).

The food served at dinner was excellent, and freshly cooked. I would have liked more choice of local bottled cask conditioned beer. Only one on offer, but in this area I suppose I should be drinking cider!

The cooked breakfast was very generous, I couldn't eat it all. The continental buffet selection could have been better. I would have liked more choice of cereal, fresh fruit, bread and there was no natural yoghurt.

The staff were very pleasant and friendly. A very pleasant hotel and I will stay again when in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
simonbrice, Owner at Apple Tree Hotel, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future. We appreciate your comments and taking the time to review the Apple Tree.
Speen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2013

The High Wycombe center staid here for three nights we used all the rooms they had 14 in total
We were booked in B&B with evening meal all 28 off us, the rooms are comfortable, the food was very good, the services was friendly and speedy. Simon thank you for a lovely weekend.

Regards Roger

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
simonbrice, Owner at Apple Tree Hotel, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Hi Roger, Many thanks for your kind review, it was a pleasure to host your MG car club weekend at the Apple Tree, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay and rest assured you would all be welcome back anytime. We actually have 16 rooms available 15 of which were booked by yourselves.
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I Stayed at the Apple Tree for one night whilst working in the area. I arrived at the hotel to be taken to my room which was a single room. The room was small and dated and had bluebottles flying around. I went down to the restraunt for a meal and waited for 45 mins for food. The food was of good quality and the service was average having to ask for another drink twice. After the meal I spoke to the owner who was friendly and helpful. I went to bed with my new flying friends I woke up and atempted to have a shower that is the old fashioned conect to the tap jobs that was a bit of a disaster. I went for breakfast which was fine paid my bill and left. Later I had noticed a missed call on my phone to find out that I had underpaid due to an error in their adding up. I later called the hotel back and found they had taken the money from my account without permission from myself. In fairness I have recieved a email of appology but I am very disappointed that the money was taken without my permission.

• Stayed October 2013
simonbrice, Owner at Apple Tree Hotel, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
We are sorry you didn't fully enjoy your stay at the Apple Tree Hotel. The room you were allocated was in the oldest part of the hotel, some 300 years old and has some quirky features, unfortunately the bathroom is unable to support a shower but has a bath where we had added a proper set of mixer taps with shower attachment as a courtesy for our guests to enable them to rinse their hair etc., whilst in or over the bath. We don't normally have a problem with flies but would have been happy to have dealt with them had you mentioned it to us at the time. To give our guests flexibility we do not require them to book a table for Dinner, but will take bookings should a guest need to for dietary reasons, just want to eat at a specific time and of course for non-residents. Simon is the Chef, all food is cooked to order which can occasionally create a slight delay, particularly if the hotel is busy and everyone orders at the same time as in your case, we are sorry if this marred your stay. We also once again apologise for the error on your account, we have already explained to you what happened, we would never charge a guest for anything they didn't order at the hotel and assure you once again nothing would be charged without your knowledge.
Various
Reviewed 19 October 2013

An excellent place for our group stay. Comfortable beds, super food, friendly staff. It proved an ideal base for our bellringing tour of the North Somerset area. Don't be put off by its proximity to the A39. You'll be guaranteed a good night's sleep!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
simonbrice, Owner at Apple Tree Hotel, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Apple Tree Hotel, we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope we are able to offer you our hospitality again should you be in this area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keenthorne
Northfield Hotel
#1 of 1 in North Petherton
The Bower Inn
The Bower Inn
#1 of 28 in Bridgwater

Been to Apple Tree Hotel? Share your experiences!