“Awesome rooms, very clean, great staff A++++++”

America's Best Value Inn
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Wall
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Awesome rooms, very clean, great staff A++++++”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Rooms were very clean, staff was very friendly, kids had a blast in the pool. Huge selection of breakfast items! One of the best mini vacations EVER!

Will stay again!

Thank you America's Best Value in wall sd!
Theron

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
abvijoe, Manager at America's Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write your review. I am very proud of my staff as we work very hard to make sure all our guests have everything they need. Sounds like your family had a wonderful time and I am very happy to hear that! Please stop by and see us again on your next trip through Wall, SD.

Safe Travels!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Polish first
Cottonwood
Reviewed 18 September 2013

After an 8 hour drive I was looking forward to a clean and comfortable room. Well I found it! After checking in, which was fast and pleasant I went to my room to find a spacious room with wood floors, huge flat screen tv on the wall with a fireplace. The bed is the most comfortable bed I have slept in as I am on the road a lot! I also had a very nice couch to sit and catch up on my emails. The breakfast in the morning was way more than I expected! Had hot items along with your normal cereal and fruit. I recommend this hotel to everyone!!! Located right off of hwy 90!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
abvijoe, Manager at America's Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience at our hotel. We try and update our rooms as much as possible and try and meet everyone's needs during their stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Wall, SD.

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2013

24th August
When we arrived we said that we were light sleepers and would like a quiet room. The lady behind the desk said that there was a wedding group stay in the floor above us but she would try and move us to a different room. Unfortunately there wasn't anything available. She was apologetic and hoped it wouldn't be a problem. In the event it wasn't, we weren't disturbed by noise at all.
The room was excellent, large with desk, fridge, microwave and coffee machine. Plenty of space for luggage and sitting.
Well located for easy access to Badlands. Wall Drug Store just a few blocks down the road - well worth a visit!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
abvijoe, Manager at America's Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We work very hard to meet all guests expections and am very happy you had a great stay. We really pride ourselves on our value and customer service. I am very proud of my staff as they work very hard to meet all guests requests. We look forward to seeing your on your next trip through South Dakota.

Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I expected an America's Best Value Inn to be more than decent, but this was WAY more than decent! If I remember correctly, this room was too hot, but that was our fault - we did not adjust the air conditioner properly. Vegans are able to eat hot and cold cereal and fruit (bring your own soy milk, though). One weird thing was that a man was sitting outside the lobby door when we arrived and he appeared to be just another weary traveler. He didn't greet or acknowledge us in any way, so we walked right past him. When we got into the lobby and up to the desk, this man entered the lobby and then walked behind the desk! He was an employee! He was then very pleasant to us. It was kind of a strange experience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
abvijoe, Manager at America's Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review! We are very happy we met all your expectations and then some! I will address the issue you had with our front desk staff though as I want my staff acknowledging people when they walk in the door. We sure hope to see you on your next trip through Wall, SD.

Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Good hotel option in a town that doesn’t have a lot to choose from. Nice location and the room was decent with a newer tv, fridge and microwave; however the chair was filthy and the carpet was kind of gross.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your room and will be sure to have our housekeeping attend to the chair and rug issue as we like to keep our rooms looking and smelling fresh. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip through South Dakota.

Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

This place is a diamond in the rough! Has very attractive remodeled rooms with great western decor! We enjoyed the very large flat screen tv, along with the new flooring! This room also had a sofa so we could relax while watching tv. Pool was nice clean and cool. Lots of great landscaping, and friendly staff! Pleasant checkin and checkout! Breakfast had many selections, especially me as I like a lot of protein. Also was a nice large business area, although we never used it, seemed very functional. Will stay again!

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so very much for your review. We have worked very hard with our renovations and are very happy you enjoyed your room! We are pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast as we know our guests usually have a day of travel ahead of them and a good breakfast is a great way to get your day going. I am very happy to hear your check in and check out process was very easy and pleasant. I love to hear when my staff does such a great job!

We hope to see you on your next trip through Wall, SD.

Honor, Michigan
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We're on our "dream" trip out west, to include all the things along the way - including the Badlands. When you're headed there, there are a limited number of places to stay that are convenient to be able to see all that you want to see. We saw the poor reviews of the Best Western and Days Inn, where we might typically have booked a room, so we decided to try America's Best Value Inn. The room was got was supposedly one of their newly remodeled ones. It WAS large. It had a king bed, which was the best thing about the room. The room had cheap vinyl fake wood flooring that had apparently not been mopped in a very long time. After a couple of hours wearing my socks in this room (I try never to go barefoot in hotel rooms), they were absolutely FILTHY! The room felt like a dungeon. It was very dark and had been "paneled" in old barn wood, which was already full of dust and will be impossible to clean. There was not a desk or dresser or table to be able to put anything on. There WAS a giant faux leather sofa that was probably a sleep sofa, but we had to put all of our belongings on it to keep them off the floor. The dark and dreary continued into the sink/bathroom area. The only lamp in the room seemed to have about a 40 watt bulb in it. The first morning we were there, we got up to find the parking lot absolutely JAMMED and when we tried to get the "free" breakfast, there was nowhere to begin to sit the number of people they had promised "free" breakfast to. So, our stay included an additional $20 next door for breakfast. The second morning, we wised up and went to the breakfast room (which is clear across the parking lot) early. It was a pitiful offering. Biscuits and gravy, bad scrambled eggs, and bread/bagels in bags that everyone had to handle to get out. If you wanted milk or cream for your coffee (which was watery), you had to try to retrieve the 1 gallon jug out of the mini fridge.

I understanding that most people coming here are on a trip to somewhere and will probably never be back. But this town - from one end to the other - seems to care little if anyone ever does return. Wall Drug is one giant junk store, and they probably hope no one else in town ever does anything better - so they can maintain their monopoly. The Badlands were just as wonderful as we thought they'd be. With a guaranteed influx of, probably, MILLIONS of people each year, it's too bad everyone has to settle for this kind of stuff.

Room Tip: I can't think of anywhere we'd want to stay in this property again. In spite of terrible ra...