“Nice suprises!”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Wall
Independence, Missouri
“Nice suprises!”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We were looking for a Super 8 motel and was unable to find it. But, after asking a local person, they said the ABVI has formerly been a Super 8. The exterior looked well maintained, so we decided to give it a try. We were very pleased with the super-clean room and top conditions of the furnishings. The bathroom was spotless and had nice decorative touches on how the arrangements of the floor towel, shower curtain, towels, and wash cloths. Small bottles of shampoo and hair conditioner were provided.

In the morning of our departure, lo and behold, the manager's husband had made biscuits and sausage gravy which was hot and delicious (he was quite proud of his biscuit/gravy-making skills...with good reason); other breakfast items were available, including cereals, sweet rolls, 2 fruit juices, coffee, and milk. Both he and his wife were extremely cordial and spent a LOT of time telling us about the attractions in that area and even up into the Deadwood/Spearfish, SD areas, including directions. It was a rare friendly, personalized interaction of motel management with guests, which I had never experienced at any of the dozens of motels and hotels where I have stayed. My friend and I drove 3623 miles round trip on our vacation and stayed in 9 motels. Our stay at this motel was by far the most pleasant experience, compared to all of our stays at other motels in 8 Western states. It was very apparent that both the manager and her husband were devoted to doing their best to contribute to the satisfaction of their guests. If they are representative of how hospitable people in South Dakota are, I have a high opinion of them, which was further evidenced by a stranger who pulled up to my car, when we were parked in a lot looking at a highway map, and asked whether we were having any trouble or if he could help us. Quite impressive. I highly recommend the motel -- staying there added to the enjoyment of our vacation, plus it is within about a block of I-90 interstate highway...very convenient for quickly resuming travel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
abvijoe, Manager at America's Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review you wrote about your stay! it makes me proud when my staff meets a guests needs which it sounds like we did for you. We are very proud of our breakfast as we know people really enjoy having a decent meal before heading out for a long day of traveling. We try and update rooms as much as we can so our guests feel as though they are at home. I sure hope you enjoyed the rest of your vacation in South Dakota and hope to see you again on your next trip through Wall, SD.

Safe Travels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Polish first
Bolingbrook, Illinois
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Very convenient location for doing things near Wall, like visiting the Badlands. The room was clean but very basic, no frills and could use some updating, like the very worn carpet by the door. It was fairly quiet and the breakfast was fine. The staff was very nice. Good value.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
abvijoe, Manager at America's Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for writing your review on your stay with us. I am happy we met all your needs during your stay. We do try and continue upgrading rooms as we can and I will definitely look into your room where you mentioned the carpet was bad and we will have to see about replacing that in the near future. I sure hope to see you on your next stay in our area.

Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We were stuck in Wall, SD during the epic winter storm in the beginning of October 2013 and the woman at the desk was so nice and accommodating, it really made our weekend away great. The whole town lost power for about 14 hours on Friday night and since Valerie lives on site she was always there seeing if we needed anything. It was so cold and the wind was up to 60 mph at some times, when it finally did stop storming, there was a crew out removing the 3 feet + of snow in the parking lot and walkways so people could get their cars out.
We ended up staying there 2 nights which was not planned but we had barely made it there with the weather conditions and I-90 being closed right at Wall, and Valerie held our room the whole time without a reservation even being made. We were very grateful. And they allow animals so I didn't have to feel bad about putting anyone in a bad sot with my big, black lab tagging along.
When the power finally came on in the city, America's Best Value was one of the first places to get it, we could tell by a big section of the town being black still. We were very happy to be there and Lola was too.

Room Tip: Every room is an out door room and they all share the same view and route. It was nice being by the...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. This storm was quite an eye opener wasn't expecting that much snow!! I am so happy that Valerie made your stay comfortable and that we met your needs. We tried to keep everyone comfortable with all the issues we had going on such as no power. We certainly look forward to seeing you on your next trip through our area.

Wisconsin
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I stayed here on a recent road trip because of the glowing reviews. My guess is that the owners are re doing the hotel and mine was on the "to do" list. But the person on the desk was not on the "to do" list and she didn't seem particularly pleased that I was there. The room was up some concrete stairs which seemed on the dingy side and the room was in the corner. It was an over sized room which could have been nice except the furniture was sparse and a conglomeration of thrift store items. I must say the bed was comfortable, there was a micro wave and fridge and a flat screen tv with premium channels and the ac worked well. So if you are not visually oriented the room may work well for you. I AM visually oriented and I think the owners should have said that they were in the process of updating the facility and given me a price break. The pile of plaster on the floor next to the shower was insulting and could have been easily cleaned up. I wish I could have seen a good room!!

My STRONG advise is to ask to see the room FIRST or ask if the room you are staying in has been up dated!

Room Tip: Be sure to inquire if your room has been up dated!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
abvijoe, Manager at America's Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I apologize your expectations were not met with your room. We are doing some renovations as we really try to keep up our rooms updated and clean. I will be sure to speak with housekeeping as well about the mess you found in the bathroom as that is not acceptable. I will also speak with my staff about your concerns on the attitude you received. I sure hope you will give us another chance on your next stop through Wall.

Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Rooms were very clean, staff was very friendly, kids had a blast in the pool. Huge selection of breakfast items! One of the best mini vacations EVER!

Will stay again!

Thank you America's Best Value in wall sd!
Theron

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
abvijoe, Manager at America's Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write your review. I am very proud of my staff as we work very hard to make sure all our guests have everything they need. Sounds like your family had a wonderful time and I am very happy to hear that! Please stop by and see us again on your next trip through Wall, SD.

Safe Travels!!
Cottonwood
Reviewed 18 September 2013

After an 8 hour drive I was looking forward to a clean and comfortable room. Well I found it! After checking in, which was fast and pleasant I went to my room to find a spacious room with wood floors, huge flat screen tv on the wall with a fireplace. The bed is the most comfortable bed I have slept in as I am on the road a lot! I also had a very nice couch to sit and catch up on my emails. The breakfast in the morning was way more than I expected! Had hot items along with your normal cereal and fruit. I recommend this hotel to everyone!!! Located right off of hwy 90!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
abvijoe, Manager at America's Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience at our hotel. We try and update our rooms as much as possible and try and meet everyone's needs during their stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Wall, SD.

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2013

24th August
When we arrived we said that we were light sleepers and would like a quiet room. The lady behind the desk said that there was a wedding group stay in the floor above us but she would try and move us to a different room. Unfortunately there wasn't anything available. She was apologetic and hoped it wouldn't be a problem. In the event it wasn't, we weren't disturbed by noise at all.
The room was excellent, large with desk, fridge, microwave and coffee machine. Plenty of space for luggage and sitting.
Well located for easy access to Badlands. Wall Drug Store just a few blocks down the road - well worth a visit!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
abvijoe, Manager at America's Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We work very hard to meet all guests expections and am very happy you had a great stay. We really pride ourselves on our value and customer service. I am very proud of my staff as they work very hard to meet all guests requests. We look forward to seeing your on your next trip through South Dakota.

Safe Travels!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wall
Best Western Plains Motel
Econo Lodge Wall
Econo Lodge Wall
#8 of 11 in Wall
Badlands Interior Motel and Campground

Been to America's Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!