“What an Awesome Hotel”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Wall
Rapid City, South Dakota
“What an Awesome Hotel”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I was in Wall for a hunting trip and stayed at this hotel. It was one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in. The people that worked there were awesome and very helpful. The room was very very clean and comfortable. I can not say enough about my stay. Thank you very much and I will be back.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 126, I will be making reservations for this room when I go back next month for my o...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
abvijoe, Manager at America's Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We really work hard with our customer service as we really want everyone to feel like they are home when staying with us. I sure hope you had a successful hunting trip and look forward to seeing you on your next trip.

Safe Travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Polish first
California City, California
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stayed at the americas best value inn while staying in wall south dakota and had a wonderful experience, the hotel was clean, the people were friendly and the free breakfast was great. Valery at the front desk helped me with anything I needed and gave me wonderful suggestions on what to do and where to go. I even met the owner of the establishment Joe who was a very nice and down to earth person. The rooms were very nice with big flat screen tvs, hard wood flores, big cozy beds and spotless. I would definetly stay here again if I ever came back to wall, and sugjest you do too.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review you wrote about your stay. I am happy to hear our staff was very helpful to your needs. Our housekeeping department works hard to keep all of our rooms clean, thank you for that compliment. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in South Dakota and hope to see you on your next trip through Wall.

Safe Travels.
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at ABVI while traveling and stay was very pleasant. The room was so comfortable, we enjoyed the cleaniness of it and the cozy feeling. It was right off the highway, which was nice and easy for us to get back on the road when leaving. The owner was so nice and gave us a great rate. I would stay there again for sure!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am happy to hear we met your expectations and that you found your room comfortable. I sure hope you had a wonderful vacation and hope to see you on your next trip through Wall, SD.

Independence, Missouri
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We were looking for a Super 8 motel and was unable to find it. But, after asking a local person, they said the ABVI has formerly been a Super 8. The exterior looked well maintained, so we decided to give it a try. We were very pleased with the super-clean room and top conditions of the furnishings. The bathroom was spotless and had nice decorative touches on how the arrangements of the floor towel, shower curtain, towels, and wash cloths. Small bottles of shampoo and hair conditioner were provided.

In the morning of our departure, lo and behold, the manager's husband had made biscuits and sausage gravy which was hot and delicious (he was quite proud of his biscuit/gravy-making skills...with good reason); other breakfast items were available, including cereals, sweet rolls, 2 fruit juices, coffee, and milk. Both he and his wife were extremely cordial and spent a LOT of time telling us about the attractions in that area and even up into the Deadwood/Spearfish, SD areas, including directions. It was a rare friendly, personalized interaction of motel management with guests, which I had never experienced at any of the dozens of motels and hotels where I have stayed. My friend and I drove 3623 miles round trip on our vacation and stayed in 9 motels. Our stay at this motel was by far the most pleasant experience, compared to all of our stays at other motels in 8 Western states. It was very apparent that both the manager and her husband were devoted to doing their best to contribute to the satisfaction of their guests. If they are representative of how hospitable people in South Dakota are, I have a high opinion of them, which was further evidenced by a stranger who pulled up to my car, when we were parked in a lot looking at a highway map, and asked whether we were having any trouble or if he could help us. Quite impressive. I highly recommend the motel -- staying there added to the enjoyment of our vacation, plus it is within about a block of I-90 interstate highway...very convenient for quickly resuming travel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review you wrote about your stay! it makes me proud when my staff meets a guests needs which it sounds like we did for you. We are very proud of our breakfast as we know people really enjoy having a decent meal before heading out for a long day of traveling. We try and update rooms as much as we can so our guests feel as though they are at home. I sure hope you enjoyed the rest of your vacation in South Dakota and hope to see you again on your next trip through Wall, SD.

Safe Travels.
Bolingbrook, Illinois
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Very convenient location for doing things near Wall, like visiting the Badlands. The room was clean but very basic, no frills and could use some updating, like the very worn carpet by the door. It was fairly quiet and the breakfast was fine. The staff was very nice. Good value.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
abvijoe, Manager at America's Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for writing your review on your stay with us. I am happy we met all your needs during your stay. We do try and continue upgrading rooms as we can and I will definitely look into your room where you mentioned the carpet was bad and we will have to see about replacing that in the near future. I sure hope to see you on your next stay in our area.

Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We were stuck in Wall, SD during the epic winter storm in the beginning of October 2013 and the woman at the desk was so nice and accommodating, it really made our weekend away great. The whole town lost power for about 14 hours on Friday night and since Valerie lives on site she was always there seeing if we needed anything. It was so cold and the wind was up to 60 mph at some times, when it finally did stop storming, there was a crew out removing the 3 feet + of snow in the parking lot and walkways so people could get their cars out.
We ended up staying there 2 nights which was not planned but we had barely made it there with the weather conditions and I-90 being closed right at Wall, and Valerie held our room the whole time without a reservation even being made. We were very grateful. And they allow animals so I didn't have to feel bad about putting anyone in a bad sot with my big, black lab tagging along.
When the power finally came on in the city, America's Best Value was one of the first places to get it, we could tell by a big section of the town being black still. We were very happy to be there and Lola was too.

Room Tip: Every room is an out door room and they all share the same view and route. It was nice being by the...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. This storm was quite an eye opener wasn't expecting that much snow!! I am so happy that Valerie made your stay comfortable and that we met your needs. We tried to keep everyone comfortable with all the issues we had going on such as no power. We certainly look forward to seeing you on your next trip through our area.

Wisconsin
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I stayed here on a recent road trip because of the glowing reviews. My guess is that the owners are re doing the hotel and mine was on the "to do" list. But the person on the desk was not on the "to do" list and she didn't seem particularly pleased that I was there. The room was up some concrete stairs which seemed on the dingy side and the room was in the corner. It was an over sized room which could have been nice except the furniture was sparse and a conglomeration of thrift store items. I must say the bed was comfortable, there was a micro wave and fridge and a flat screen tv with premium channels and the ac worked well. So if you are not visually oriented the room may work well for you. I AM visually oriented and I think the owners should have said that they were in the process of updating the facility and given me a price break. The pile of plaster on the floor next to the shower was insulting and could have been easily cleaned up. I wish I could have seen a good room!!

My STRONG advise is to ask to see the room FIRST or ask if the room you are staying in has been up dated!

Room Tip: Be sure to inquire if your room has been up dated!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
abvijoe, Manager at America's Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I apologize your expectations were not met with your room. We are doing some renovations as we really try to keep up our rooms updated and clean. I will be sure to speak with housekeeping as well about the mess you found in the bathroom as that is not acceptable. I will also speak with my staff about your concerns on the attitude you received. I sure hope you will give us another chance on your next stop through Wall.

Safe Travels!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wall
Best Western Plains Motel
Badlands Interior Motel and Campground
Super 8 Wall
Super 8 Wall
#4 of 11 in Wall

Been to America's Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!