“Amazing Hotel in a Wonderful Town”

America's Best Value Inn
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Wall
Reviewed 22 January 2014

This was the best hotel on the vacation I recently took with my husband. Not only was it the most reasonable in price, but it had the most impressive rooms of all three places we stayed at. The room was cleaner then any of the other places we stayed and had wonderful features that helped make our trip even more special. The room we stayed in had a brand new TV and a fireplace along with wood floors and pine paneling on one wall. We were looking for a single room, but they had none left available and were more then happy to give us a double for the price of a single. The room also came with a refrigerator, microwave, and futon. The staff was more then happy to answer any questions we had. They also had a wonderful breakfast including fresh biscuits and gravy upon request.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk which rooms they would recommend. We only found the wonderful room that we had b...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
abvijoe, Manager at America's Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We have worked hard to upgrade some of our rooms such as the room you stayed in. We take pride in our hard work and I am very happy to hear you enjoyed the room as much as you did. We like to get everyone's day started with a nice breakfast and I am happy to hear you enjoyed that. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip through Wall, SD.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Very large room and clean. A comfy bed, with a couch, big screen TV, Little fridge, microwave, and coffee in your room. Breakfast is very basic ... Stick with cereal and toast, but for the price I consider it a good value overall. Didn't see a social area with TV, computer, etc until we were leaving ... That is a nice touch if you are staying more than one night and want to stretch your legs.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
abvijoe, Manager at America's Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are happy to hear we met all your needs during your stay. We try and continue to keep our guests comfortable with doing updates when time permits. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to our area. Happy New Year.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I was in Wall for a hunting trip and stayed at this hotel. It was one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in. The people that worked there were awesome and very helpful. The room was very very clean and comfortable. I can not say enough about my stay. Thank you very much and I will be back.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 126, I will be making reservations for this room when I go back next month for my o...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
abvijoe, Manager at America's Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We really work hard with our customer service as we really want everyone to feel like they are home when staying with us. I sure hope you had a successful hunting trip and look forward to seeing you on your next trip.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stayed at the americas best value inn while staying in wall south dakota and had a wonderful experience, the hotel was clean, the people were friendly and the free breakfast was great. Valery at the front desk helped me with anything I needed and gave me wonderful suggestions on what to do and where to go. I even met the owner of the establishment Joe who was a very nice and down to earth person. The rooms were very nice with big flat screen tvs, hard wood flores, big cozy beds and spotless. I would definetly stay here again if I ever came back to wall, and sugjest you do too.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review you wrote about your stay. I am happy to hear our staff was very helpful to your needs. Our housekeeping department works hard to keep all of our rooms clean, thank you for that compliment. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in South Dakota and hope to see you on your next trip through Wall.

Safe Travels.

Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at ABVI while traveling and stay was very pleasant. The room was so comfortable, we enjoyed the cleaniness of it and the cozy feeling. It was right off the highway, which was nice and easy for us to get back on the road when leaving. The owner was so nice and gave us a great rate. I would stay there again for sure!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am happy to hear we met your expectations and that you found your room comfortable. I sure hope you had a wonderful vacation and hope to see you on your next trip through Wall, SD.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We were looking for a Super 8 motel and was unable to find it. But, after asking a local person, they said the ABVI has formerly been a Super 8. The exterior looked well maintained, so we decided to give it a try. We were very pleased with the super-clean room and top conditions of the furnishings. The bathroom was spotless and had nice decorative touches on how the arrangements of the floor towel, shower curtain, towels, and wash cloths. Small bottles of shampoo and hair conditioner were provided.

In the morning of our departure, lo and behold, the manager's husband had made biscuits and sausage gravy which was hot and delicious (he was quite proud of his biscuit/gravy-making skills...with good reason); other breakfast items were available, including cereals, sweet rolls, 2 fruit juices, coffee, and milk. Both he and his wife were extremely cordial and spent a LOT of time telling us about the attractions in that area and even up into the Deadwood/Spearfish, SD areas, including directions. It was a rare friendly, personalized interaction of motel management with guests, which I had never experienced at any of the dozens of motels and hotels where I have stayed. My friend and I drove 3623 miles round trip on our vacation and stayed in 9 motels. Our stay at this motel was by far the most pleasant experience, compared to all of our stays at other motels in 8 Western states. It was very apparent that both the manager and her husband were devoted to doing their best to contribute to the satisfaction of their guests. If they are representative of how hospitable people in South Dakota are, I have a high opinion of them, which was further evidenced by a stranger who pulled up to my car, when we were parked in a lot looking at a highway map, and asked whether we were having any trouble or if he could help us. Quite impressive. I highly recommend the motel -- staying there added to the enjoyment of our vacation, plus it is within about a block of I-90 interstate highway...very convenient for quickly resuming travel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review you wrote about your stay! it makes me proud when my staff meets a guests needs which it sounds like we did for you. We are very proud of our breakfast as we know people really enjoy having a decent meal before heading out for a long day of traveling. We try and update rooms as much as we can so our guests feel as though they are at home. I sure hope you enjoyed the rest of your vacation in South Dakota and hope to see you again on your next trip through Wall, SD.

Safe Travels.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Very convenient location for doing things near Wall, like visiting the Badlands. The room was clean but very basic, no frills and could use some updating, like the very worn carpet by the door. It was fairly quiet and the breakfast was fine. The staff was very nice. Good value.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
abvijoe, Manager at America's Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for writing your review on your stay with us. I am happy we met all your needs during your stay. We do try and continue upgrading rooms as we can and I will definitely look into your room where you mentioned the carpet was bad and we will have to see about replacing that in the near future. I sure hope to see you on your next stay in our area.

Safe Travels!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wall
Best Western Plains Motel
Badlands Interior Motel and Campground
Super 8 Wall
Super 8 Wall
#4 of 11 in Wall

Been to America's Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!