“Hole in the Wall, South Dakaka” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of America's Best Value Inn

America's Best Value Inn
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Wall
Marion, Iowa
“Hole in the Wall, South Dakaka”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Do not stay here, keep going to Rapid City. Rude clerk, unclean. Outside lights not working, dark a hazard. We wish we never would have stopped at this hotel in wall. I don't know where the other reviews stayed at but it certainly wasn't here, or they must be related.

Room Tip: Do Not stop, just keep going!!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Cathy T
abvijoe, Manager at America's Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I am very sorry to hear about the issues you had to deal with while you stayed with us. I have brought these issues to my front desk staff and housekeeping as we really work hard on our customer service and cleanliness. I sure hope you give us another try on your next trip through Wall, SD. Hope you enjoyed your vacation.

Safe Travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Polish first
Camano Island, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

This property has been recently and is undergoing a facelift an reconstructive surgery. We had never stayed there before and weighed it against a local Super 8. The clerk at the America's Best provided a glowing description of the included breakfast. That description made the extra difference of $20 seem acceptable.

Check-in was at glacial speed as the clerk spent serial sessions on the telephone. The room was large, spacious and clean.

Reality set in the next morning at the breakfast session. I asked where the eggs, bacon and fresh fruit were - the attendant answered that she was unaware of any such items. There was a very, very soupy biscuits and gravy. Also, the alternative to the biscuits were round, manufactured bread-disks with cheese and crumbled egg on them - maybe that was the eggs the clerk described thhe night before.. The coffee was scorched and juice was non-existent. Fruit was canned, crushed pineapple - I hate pineapple. There were some tired looking oranges in a wire cornucopia.

We stay every year at an America's Best in International Falls, MN for about half the price and fine what they have to offer to be quite good - we will save that for another review.

Room Tip: As far as we can tell, they are all noisy due to the proximity of other motel properties
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed our rooms as they are a bit more spacious that other hotels in the area. I apologize on your experience with your breakfast issues. I will have to bring this to my staff's attention as we really like to have a nice breakfast as our guests usually have a full day of activities and like to get them full of energy before heading out. I sure hope you give us another try on your next trip through Wall, SD.

Bolivar, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

We were pleasantly surprised when we stopped here. We have never stopped at America's Best Value Inn and decided to check it out. The motel is an older motel that has been remodeled and we found our king room to be roomy, clean and comfortable. Breakfast is in the morning and we can let you know how that goes. So far So Good!

Room Tip: The king on the end. Nice privacy.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jim - Sandi R
abvijoe, Manager at America's Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We strive to make all of our guest feel as though they are at home. We try very hard with keeping our rooms updated the best we can. We understand that our guests are traveling all day and what a better start to your day then having breakfast with us. I sure hope you have a great time in Wall! Look forward to seeing you on your next trip through Wall.

Wall, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

I live only 40 miles from Rapid City and know that Wall does not have a lot to offer in the way of hotels. I was very pleasantly surprised when I walked into our room! I travel a lot and this one was of the nicest I've stayed in! Tongue & groove walls with wood floor and electric fireplace made for a very cozy atmosphere. The bathroom was immaculate. The host was very friendly and very accommodating to our special request for a rather late checkout. The price for being off-season was very low too. Obviously there wasn't a full breakfast bar since it's only March with very few visitors, but the host offered us sausage gravy biscuits to order which was delicious. If you need a place to eat dinner go to the Red Rock - we had a yummy walleye dinner. And Wall Drug always has good lunches.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 549Kelly
abvijoe, Manager at America's Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy we met all your needs and were happy with your stay. With it being slower time of year we do limit our breakfast but if you ask for something like you did we will try our best to meet those needs. We sure hope you had a wonderful time in Wall and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip back to Wall.

Safe Travels.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

This was my first stay in a America's Best Value. The rooms have been remodeled. They have large screen TV's. The bed coverings model the Holiday Inn and Hampton's with the white Duvets. The manager was very pleasant. The one draw back was the hotel has poor sound proofing.I could hear the person walking around in the room above me and I could hear the TV playing next door, It was a good value for 60.00 a night

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
abvijoe, Manager at America's Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am happy to hear you were pleased with your room. I do apologize for the noise you heard though. I sure hope you continue to stay with Americas Best Value Inn as we strive to have great customer service at a value price.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

This was the biggest surprise of our Trip so far. The rooms was large with really comfortable beds. It was clean and had a nice size bath and dressing area. The rooms also had a Large Flat Screen TV. The price was great too. The staff was friendly. I would recommend this place for sure.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank momslazy3
abvijoe, Manager at America's Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very happy we met all your needs during your stay. We try and keep our rooms up to date as well as updating them as much as we can. I sure hope you enjoyed your visit to the Wall area. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip through Wall, SD.

Hudson, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

This was the best hotel on the vacation I recently took with my husband. Not only was it the most reasonable in price, but it had the most impressive rooms of all three places we stayed at. The room was cleaner then any of the other places we stayed and had wonderful features that helped make our trip even more special. The room we stayed in had a brand new TV and a fireplace along with wood floors and pine paneling on one wall. We were looking for a single room, but they had none left available and were more then happy to give us a double for the price of a single. The room also came with a refrigerator, microwave, and futon. The staff was more then happy to answer any questions we had. They also had a wonderful breakfast including fresh biscuits and gravy upon request.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk which rooms they would recommend. We only found the wonderful room that we had b...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
abvijoe, Manager at America's Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We have worked hard to upgrade some of our rooms such as the room you stayed in. We take pride in our hard work and I am very happy to hear you enjoyed the room as much as you did. We like to get everyone's day started with a nice breakfast and I am happy to hear you enjoyed that. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip through Wall, SD.

Safe Travels!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wall
BEST WESTERN Plains Motel
Badlands Interior Motel and Campground
Motel 6 Wall
Motel 6 Wall
#10 of 11 in Wall

Been to America's Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!