“About the only place to eat in Wall”

Red Rock Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in Wall
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The motel owner sent us here and it was good. Good soup average salad bar, good chicken and very good pie. It was a good meal at a fair price with excellent service. I would eat here again.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

My husband and I stopped in for dinner recently, during a very busy time - the Sturgis Rally was in full swing. But, we were seated quickly and our server brought drinks and menus. One note: They do not serve liquor. Beer and wine only.

Dinner was good; not excellent but good. Our server was very attentive. GIven the choices for food around here, I would say this is one of the better choices.

1  Thank Kathleen B
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We had just driven hundreds of miles into the Black Hills to see the National Treasure called The Bad Lands National Park. The only thing that spoiled the event was our visit to Red Rock Restaurant. I have little to say but don't go here unless it's the last stop you can find. The broasted chicken was dry as the bone it was on. The burgers were ugly scabs and the lettuce and tomato were extra!! Yes!! Extra!. One limp piece of lettuce and one heal from a tomato was all we received for our $1.75 Extra. That's enough, you get the point. Drive On!!

2  Thank osborner
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had the buffet after the table next to us told us they had waited an hour for a sandwich to come out. The place was busy and tables were so close together they did not allow easy moving around. The waitresses were pleasant but obviously not enough of them. The buffet was a surprise. In one corner there was a small table with the salad and in a different corner was the actual buffet. I must admit I have never seen one so poorly laid out. Only one person could be in line for the main buffet at a time. There was no where else for the rest to stand. The chicken was the prize here and I give that a A+ but the rest of the food was mediocre.

1  Thank Colleen L
Reviewed 4 August 2014

After reading other reviews and asking a store owner downtown, we went to the Red Rock about 5:30 after visiting Wall Drug. Service was good. Place is a diner and as such, ambiance was dinerish. Glad I got the broasted chicken. It was plenty and good. Gravy on potatoes tasted jarred. Salad bar was sad with only a couple dressings, fake bacon bits (didn't even know you could still get those). And several mayo ladened salads. Nothing special in an area of the country really lacking decent restaurants for a tourist area.

1  Thank soontobeforty

Been to Red Rock Restaurant? Share your experiences!