“Quick diversion”

Wall Drug Store Cafe
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Wall
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Wall Drug is one of the largest roadside attractions in the world! With seating available for up to 520 in the Cafe! We are set up for large groups, families with children, and tour groups. With twenty different shops that cater to any of your shopping desires.
West Valley City, Utah
“Quick diversion”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Wall drug is a nice diversion from the long drive for across South Dakota. The shops are typical tourist fare. We had a maple doughnut that was great. That is all I can say about the food. All in all, it is a good place to stretch your legs.

Lebanon, Pennsylvania
“Only in Wall!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Sure it's a tourist "trap" but that's what we were and so we stopped! It was also recommended by a "local!" Fast efficient service and basic good home cooking. For the coffee drinkers, there really is a 5-cent cup of coffee as all those signs say. Decor is real Western, probably the most touristy part of the Cafe!

Big Horn, Wyoming
“Tourist Trap”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

People who visit Wall Drug are bound to get sucked into this cafe due to its convenient location and comfy Western decor but save yourself the trouble and seek out a better meal else where. The food was terribly overpriced and was less than good. I got the Wall Drug Charbroil and I swear a McDonalds quarter pounder is much better. My wife got the shrimp basket and it looked decent but both our meals coast a total of $31 including drinks. Had the quality been better I might not complain but this was way below my expectations. Maybe I am just being picky but the thing is that I am usually not that picky. I simply expect quality in exchange for paying a step price and that was something the food at this cafe just did not have.

Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Ugh!!!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Food was cafeteria style and expensive. We had roast beef dinner and it was cold and tasted like they opened it from cans. Service was just as terrible.

Orlando, Florida
“Touristy stop while in Badlands”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Having grown up in the 50-60's in the south, I was very familiar with the 'tourist designation' selling kitschy souvenirs. After having spent several days, driving all over the plains of Wyoming and South Dakota and seeing nothing but signs for this place we had to stop. We had driven out from Rapid City to take the Badlands National Park Loop Road then we were headed back to towards Yellowstone. We had seen all the signs about Wall Drugs and felt that it would make a good lunch time stop. The place was as expected, tour busses outside and a whole block of little shops selling all kinds of 'souvenirs' that no one really needs (except maybe for T shirts). We had lunch at the Cafe there and I did get the advertised 'free donut and coffee for veterans' by asking for it.
This type of 'attraction' has gone out of style in most places, but is alive and well in the plains of the South Dakota Badlands.

• Visited May 2014