“Friendly”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Nebraska
“Friendly”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

The cook even came out and said hello. The young girl waiting tables was from the Ukraine and her English was not the best but her effort was awesome. I picked this place as it was away form the busy Wall Drug Street and not to busy at 10:15 in the morning. Breakfast was $9.00 for 2 eggs, hash browns, and sausage. Coffee was a $1.29 extra. So with taxes and tip was about $13.00 for breakfast. Maybe not high for the Black Hills but I thought a little high. Enjoyed the waitress and did not notice any cleanliness issues as others have mentioned.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank heartcity

Coarsegold, California
“Better Than Expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Based on some of the other reviews we were somewhat apprehensive about eating at Fat Boys. Thank goodness we were willing to give it a chance. We each had the pulled pork sandwich special W/O the bun, fries, and a Shock Top. The pork was pleasantly smoked and tinder. Not much can go wrong with fries or beers. Our server was courteous and attentive. Even with tax and tip the meal came in well under $30.

That being said, the restaurant experience was average.

Chicago, Illinois
“Terrible!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Ordered a grilled chicken salad. The lettuce and cucumbers were rotten! Sent it back and refused to pay for it. Disgusting. Do not eat here.

1 Thank Monica S
Waterloo, Canada
“great bbq platter; friendly, accommodating service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

My wife and I took a break from the roadtrip for lunch and wanted to sample as much BBQ as possible, so we had the platter for two. I generally dislike BBQ because it's easy for the food to be sloppy when the kitchen staff goes on auto-pilot, but our meal at Fat Boy's was carefully prepared, simple BBQ with attention to the little details that make all the difference. Perfectly textured, juicy meat that melts in your mouth. Fresh sides. Southern hospitality.

I asked for two buns so we could eat the leftovers on the road. I wasn't asking for anything fancy, I just didn't want to waste the delicious meat. The waitress toasted the buns as if we had paid for sandwiches, but then happily gave them to us free of charge even though I insisted on paying.

Reading some other reviews, I think the service and facility must have improved recently. Don't get me wrong, this isn't the same atmosphere and appearance that you'd find at an Olive Garden or Denny's. It's a BBQ shop and the appearance of the place reflects that. Their BBQ food is great and it deserves a second look.

• Visited June 2014
Centreville, Virginia
“Nothing to write home about”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

We ate here during a stopover on our honeymoon and it was an OK place to get a bite. The service was ok. The staff didn't seem thrilled to be working there and it showed in their service. The food was ok as well. The portion sizes were larger than what you'd typically find at a diner type joint. I'd probably try something different next time around.

• Visited August 2013

Been to Fat Boys BBQ? Share your experiences!