“very good trip”

Lakota Ways-Pine Ridge Indian Reservation Tours
Ranked #7 of 8 things to do in Wall
More attraction details
Owner description: LAKOTA WAYS: Indian owned ATTRACTION - captures the essence of iconic tipi dwelling, buffalo hunting Natives of the Northern Great Plains. Visitor HANDS-ON experiences: Tipi Raising, Lakota Beadwork, Lakota Traditional Bow&Arrow, Mini-Powwow, Plays (Tribal Elder advised), Tours to the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation (actual Wounded Knee Massacre site, Badlands, etc. Also inquire of our authentic cultural shows for hire and for bookings!: "Tatanka Buffalo Show"; "Wanbli Eagle Show" (exclusive to the Potter Family Theatre in Rapid City!); & "Crazy Horse: Tasunke Witko"; "Mini Powwow Show"; and many more! Also inquire about our YEAR ROUND Culture & Arts Events and Native Art Studio Workshops! Also inquire of our, "ALL THINGS TRIBAL TOUR" of historic and Native Downtown Rapid City!
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed 18 July 2017

loved the trip medicine turtle Cherokee it a real Lakota experience more people should go to pine ridge

1  Thank medicineturtlecherok

Reviewed 17 August 2016

After the tour, don't forget to stop at Wall Drug. Quite the historic place!! Even the kids like this place with all the activities in the back of the store.

1  Thank Wheaties
Reviewed 4 August 2014

If you want your trip to the Badlands and Wounded Knee to come alive then ask for a guide from Lakota Ways. It is worth every penny. We heard legends, offered prayers, were given a native perspective on the history of The People, past and present and traveled through the lands that the Lakota called home for centuries. We had some time constraints and so were not able to experience everything but what we did experience was life altering. When I got back my brother asked if I had left my heart at Wounded Knee. I replied... well, part of it. I am sorry I missed some of the other places Howard Bad Milk wished to take us to. Guess it requires another visit. Really sorry I missed the buffalo burger Maria mentioned. The ones I did have did not honor the spirit of the Tatanka. And I wish I had asked about beadwork. The one thing I wanted to bring back and never found. Did leave with a wonderful necklace made by a woman living at Wounded Knee. There is so much to take in. Do not miss this opportunity.

19  Thank MaineMary369
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

A wonderous journey of the truth about Pine Ridge and the surrounding areas. Mr Darrell Redcloud should be commended for being an outstanding guide, filled with facts, legends, songs, and prayers of his Lakota heritage. He also knows where you can get the best buffalo burger on the rez! Be sure not to miss it!

17  Thank Maria S