“Clean, simple, affordable”

Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Wall
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Clean, simple, affordable”
Reviewed 4 June 2011

It is a good basic motel, albeit with free wifi. And I had no problems with the wifi connection either.

It was quiet, clean and safe. I got a good night's sleep.

The maid knocked a bit too early in the morning, but the day manager said she would mention that when I registered my sole complaint for my stay.

I recommend it to any cost-conscious traveler. I do not believe that you can beat the value of this motel anywhere in Wall.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 14 February 2011

From the time I checked in this place was A-OK. Helpful at the front desk, free WiFi (hard to find at a Motel 6), the heat was already on, large flat screen TV and 'new?' rooms. I've been in maybe a hundred different motel six rooms and have never seen one like this before.
A picture is worth a 1,000 words so I've posted a couple of pictures of this one. Hard floor (instead of carpet), new colors, different sink layout.
And then something happened that hasn't happened at a motel of any price for a long time. The front desk called to see if everything was OK.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Jim-OnTheWayHome
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 18 December 2010

This is an older motel, but it's in good condition, spotless, and the staff is very friendly. It's near Wall Drug and places to eat -- and there's also a grocery store nearby. Finally, the rates make this location an excellent value. So if you're visiting the Badlands, this is an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank tgw51
New Yor
Reviewed 28 November 2010

This Motel 6 is very clean and the staff is very friendly. Not much amenities but that is okay for the Motel 6 because you are looking for a cheap room if you are staying here. If you are looking for several perks you should stay at a Comfort Suites or something. And pets stay for free, at least when we stayed. Not sure if this is everyday. A lot of hotels in Wall do not accept pets, this helped me out a lot. When I come back to Wall I will stay at this hotel again. Not sure why someone would put a negative review about this hotel. My experience what great.

I would highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed November 2010
2 Thank twonh
Sparks, Nevada
Reviewed 26 October 2010

The place looked awful. I arrived at night and there was a terrible "garbage like" odor in the check in office. One bed had pet hair on the sheets so thankfully I slept in the other on that didn't. The next morning I came down to check out and viewed the pool. It looked like a cesspool, green slime and dirt at the bottom. The office still smelled like garbage. I'll never stay there again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Dane1949
Hamilton, ON
Reviewed 30 September 2010

If you're staying in Wall it's because you either got tired while driving, or you are there to check out Badlands National Park. Either way, you're not spending a lot of time in your room. And if a place to sleep is all you need then the Motel 6 fits the bill perfectly. It was comfortable, clean and right off the highway. I will stay again anytime I find myself in Wall, SD.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rrakoczy
dekalb IL
Reviewed 22 June 2010

We stayed at this motel because ti was so much cheaper than the other motels in Wall, and we were just passing through. We arrived late, and the desk clerk called us to make sure we were still coming. That was nice-- it meant that she didn't give our room away. The room wasn't just spartan-- that's ok-- it was gross. There was wadded up toilet paper in the peephole. The blankets had holes in them. The shower curtain had poop on it-- it had to be given it's extreme proximity to the toilet. When my daughter laid down in the bed, the sheets pulled right off. I felt so bad to make my kids sleep there, but nowhere else had any vacancy, it was hailing out, and we'd already paid for it online.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank myersmillers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wall
Best Western Plains Motel
Econo Lodge Wall
Econo Lodge Wall
#8 of 11 in Wall
Badlands Interior Motel and Campground

Been to Travelodge Wall? Share your experiences!