“nice for the price”
Review of Travelodge Wall

Travelodge Wall
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Wall
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Connected rooms for the family. The rooms were clean and fairly roomy. Small bathrooms but overall good for the price. The beds were comfortable and the noise level was not excessive. Rooms all open outside.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Yvette C

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stopped at this motel for one night. The rooms were basic and bland but clean and large, fine for a basic one night stop, exactly as we expected. The outside pool was nice for a dip after a long day. Good rates I think the best in town, but rooms are basic, bed and shower etc, no coffee soaps etc in rooms.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank james123455
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed in Motel 6 twice for the night. The only complain I had was on the first night the water pressure was really weak - hasle if you got the long hair and want to wash it. On the way back home we used this motel again and we got different room - shower was super fine. I like the large, simple room for a good price.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Niebieski
Reviewed 25 June 2014

When we arrived we could not get into our room because the key card didn't work. Mary at the desk blamed me at first saying I put the card next to my phone then gave me new keys, those didn't work either. I had to go back to the desk and try again, instead of investigating for herself she interrogated me to find out that the lock was broken. I had just driven for 15 hours from St. Louis and she told me there were no other rooms available so I would have to wait until she got someone to fix the lock. It took them 45 minutes to get us another room (that was available)and we finally got in only to find a messy room with beer bottle caps and trash on the dresser. The next morning as we were checking out the lady at the counter asked me how our stay was and I said "It was horrible" she asked why and I explained the above. She wanted to see if we could be compensated from the owner and promptly called her. Come to find out that the owner is Mary, the woman who checked us in. She told the lady to tell me, and I quote, "Because you decided not to leave we will not give you any compensation" For God's sake it was midnight and there were no vacancies anywhere, was I supposed to sleep in my car?

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel!!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rhaknid
tmnap, Owner at Travelodge Wall, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Unfortunately as the owner of a hotel I know that not everything goes as planned and not everyone will be happy with their stay at my property...while I strive to make certain each guest has a comfortable stay situations arise that are out of my control. This is one of them. The motherboard went out of the lock for the room at was assigned. My front desk clerk called me immediately to let me know that the guest was unable to get into their room and as I was on the road driving home I told her to move some reservations around so that the guest could be accommodated as quickly as possible. That was done and when I arrived 10 minutes later the guest was in the office speaking to my front desk clerk...as always Nan was very courteous. I stayed and fixed the lock in the problem door so that the room would be able to be rented to the reservation coming in. We check all rooms everyday after the housekeepers are finished cleaning. This procedure assures that each guest will receive a clean comfortable room at check in. I personally inspected and approved the room in question the day this incident occurred and it passed all my inspections. I apologize that the motherboard went out on the first lock but unfortunately there is no way for me to prevent this ahead of time...everything was done to make this guests stay comfortable and the staff was courteous and polite as I expect them to be on all occasions. I would like to thank my staff for being some of the greatest front desk clerks and housekeepers I have had the pleasure of working with. Come stay with us and see for yourself that our staff is some of the best in the business as I have heard time and time again.

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

The room was spacious. They had made room 229 into a one bed. I had to buy an extension cord in able to use my sleep machine. The walls were thin, and at the top of one stairway the cement flooring was coming up. There were holes in the walls from something removed when the rooms were redone. But the bed was comfortable and the shower was hot. There was also a small refrigerator and microwave.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank KPricetag2
tmnap, Owner at Travelodge Wall, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying at our property. We do everything we can to make our guests comfortable and I am unhappy to hear that was not the case for you. Please give us the pleasure of staying with us again when you are in the area.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Rooms were simple and clean. Stayed with my family with small kids. For the price it was a great place to rest our heads. Updated rooms were nice! The wood floors were not what I am used too but it was clean and smelled great!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rachel K
tmnap, Owner at Travelodge Wall, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our property. We strive to provide great customer service and clean rooms! We welcome you to stay with us again if you are in the area!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Very friendly staff, clean and simple accommodation. That said, there were 2 issues worth mentioning.
1) This is a light framed building and noise from the rooms on the 2nd floor is very noticeable. Normal conversations could be heard from the room above us not to mention other forms of noise. Poorly thought out construction by a national chain that builds hundreds if not thousands of motels.
2) there is only hot water, no cold water. That was a first for us. Staff told us it comes from the city like that and that all the buildings in the neighborhood have the same issue. Very odd that is so hot that you can't bathe in it let alone drink it.

I wouldn't recommend it unless you get a discount from the usual $75 rate and are on the top floor.

Room Tip: Top floor, bring bottled water.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Yankanuk
tmnap, Owner at Travelodge Wall, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

I am sorry that you has issues with your stay at our property...we have recently remodeled and added a new pool area for our guests. Unfortunately we cannot do anything more than we have already done structurally aside from leveling the building and building new...which if we had the funds we would happily do ;) . Yes our "cold" water comes out of the ground warm! This is common in our area and unfortunately we cannot do anything about it...it is a natural phenomenon. I would like to thank you for staying at our property and hope you will give us an opportunity to serve your needs in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wall
Best Western Plains Motel
Badlands Interior Motel and Campground
Super 8 Wall
Super 8 Wall
#4 of 11 in Wall

Been to Travelodge Wall? Share your experiences!