“Great Service, Great Room, Great, Great, Great” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sunshine Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wall
Sunshine Inn
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Wall
CALGARY
“Great Service, Great Room, Great, Great, Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Was so impressed with John (owner) who greeted me by name, and remembered my name throughout my stay. He offered me and my travelling canine companion a great room which was spotless. Since my wifi wasn't working, he even offered his back room to use the connection there. It wasn't a big deal, but John felt bad for something out of his control. Rest assured I WILL BE BACK again and will definitely stay again. GREAT JOB JOHN. THANK YOU.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
      Rooms
1 Thank CALGARYMUSHER
friendlysdinnkeeper, Owner at Sunshine Inn, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Great review. Thanks. I particularly appreciate your kind remarks about me, and must add that it's easy for me to accommodate specific needs when I have a the back-up of the greatest staff ever. That "spotless" room you mention is the result of a dedicated and professional crew who give me the confidence it takes to make sure everything is "just so" for our guests. Your wi-fi problem was perplexing because we have multiple networks operating simultaneously as a back-up system that has been fail-safe up to now. I'm certain we were giving out our usual strong array of wi-fi signals, but somehow couldn't connect to your equipment. As I guarantee internet access, I was more than happy to offer you working space adjacent to the office with a hook-up to a land line for use any time, day or night, that you needed it. We understand the importance of good internet access and make sure we provide it. Hope that you come around to see us again sometime! Meanwhile, happy traveling. Best wishes, John (owner, Sunshine Inn)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stayed here prior to rally week. This is an older hotel but I have never stayed in a cleaner one. Everything was is good condition except perhaps the walkway on the 2nd floor but it wasn't an issue. The mattress and pillows were very comfortable. Great location. The owners are very nice and so were all the guests. Really good atmosphere. The parking lot is a little small particularly if you are pulling a trailer but there is some parking along the street next to the Inn. Two Thumbs Up!!

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are serviced by stairs so request a downstairs room if needed.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
friendlysdinnkeeper, Owner at Sunshine Inn, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thanks for staying at the Sunshine Inn and providing TripAdvisor readers with such a nice re-cap of your experience here. "Clean" and "good condition" are some of our favorite words, which are commonly used by our customers here. They represent a standard that is our first priority. Apologies for the upstairs walkway, which we sweep and vacuum twice daily due to heavy foot traffic. I'll add a third round to the daily routine, thanks to your mention of it. Certainly do appreciate your kind remarks about our staff and clientele. We do have a pretty good "vibe" here--very relaxed and easy-going. We treat our customers like the important guests that they are. As to our parking lot, it does get tight during the Sturgis rally period in early August when so many vehicles with trailers are on the road, but so long as our customers give me a heads-up prior to arrival, I can get everybody with a trailer into the lot. In short, we'll do everything we can to accommodate our customers and their needs. Thanks again for staying. Hope to see you again, sometime! Best wishes, John (owner, Sunshine Inn)
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

This small hotel was more than adequate for a one or two night stay! Was just as described, and had no problems. In fact the free internet access worked better here than in some larger places we stayed at. It is certainly dated, but as I said - more than adequate for a stopover place to refresh for a night. Wouldn't want to be here long term, but short stay just fine!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying at the Sunshine Inn and sharing your experiences here. We think we give great value here regardless of length of stay. In fact, it's a common practice for many of our customers to extend their stays for several days--sometimes a week or more--because our value and location fit their budgets and itineraries to a "T." So . . . short stay, long stay, in-between stay--we get them all. Thanks again for the kind words! Hope to see you again. It'll be our pleasure to accommodate you, however long you stay with us! Best wishes, John (owner, Sunshine Inn)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Very clean, affordable. John, the owner, is approachable and kind. John helped me to plan out driving routes and gave us good recommendations for the area, like where to eat breakfast, where to find agates. His coffee is good. Drank OJ, then ate a full breakfast elsewhere. He keeps an eye on the place so I felt that my mother, sons, and I were safe. Location is perfect for the one block stroll to Wall Drug, Wounded Knee museum, tourism office. You drive around the block and then drive straight down the road in order to enter the Western entry point for the Badlands. Will stay here again when we return to the Badlands. And, I hope to return next year. The Badlands are so majestic, so glorious! Thank you John for your professionalism and kindness!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying at the Sunshine Inn and your many kind words here. I greatly appreciate your emphasis on our location, which is ultra-handy, especially for larger groups like yours. Being just a one block walk from the world famous Wall Drug Store and all the other shops, attractions and restaurants on Wall's historic Main Street means that visitors can leave their cars parked in our lot and can walk back and forth from their rooms to the "action" on Main Street without the hassles of driving around and looking for a place to park. It was our pleasure to assist you with specific bits of advice and information about this beautiful part of America that we call home. We most certainly look forward to seeing you again. Meantime, happy travels. Best wishes, John (owner, Sunshine Inn)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

You couldn't ask for a better owner. John was very kind and helpful making sure he knew who you were and that you were comfortable. He gave good advice on where to eat and about the town. The rooms were very clean, nice towels and all the basic amenities. Our bed was a little hard and the room was small but for one night and with John keeping his prices down you couldn't beat it.For anyone wanting a room for a night or two in the area I would recommend it. You are a half block from Wall Drug and the Wounded Knee Museum.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
friendlysdinnkeeper, Owner at Sunshine Inn, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Thanks for staying at the Sunshine Inn and the many kind words that describe your experience here. On a personal note, I also thank you for the kind words about me--though as you probably know, it's easy for me to be personable and helpful to our guests when I know that my outstanding staff is making sure that our rooms are clean and comfortable and that our fixtures are in fine working order. Our beds are rated "medium-firm", which is the standard that seems to suit the vast majority of our customers, though individual differences do occur among our mattresses. I wish that you had called attention to your bed's firmness while you were here, as I could have offered you other ones that you would probably have found more suitable. As to spaciousness, our property was built during the 1980s to standards that were common back then. I believe that most of our customers find the size of our rooms to be satisfactory as the issue rarely comes up here on TripAdvisor or in conversations at the front desk. I'm glad that you note that despite these two issues, you still got excellent value for your money and that you'd recommend us any time. For this we're appreciative. Certainly hope we do get a chance to see you again--and don't forget, mention your desire for a softer mattress at check-in and we'll do all we can to accommodate your preference! Best wishes, John (owner, Sunshine Inn)
Chicago, Il
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

When is the last time you went to a hotel and were greeted by name with a warm welcome? The owner John is pleasant and helpful. The hotel is clean and the beds are comfortable. Basic amenities are provided: soap, shampoo, lotion. Everything else is provided upon request from the front desk (you'll need to ask for a hair dryer if you want one.) The breakfast consists of granola bars and packaged donuts, but with Wall Drug across the street selling sticky pecan rolls and freshly made donuts, who wants the hotel breakfast anyway?! We were there during the Stugis motorcycle rally, so we did hear the rumble of motorcycles, but we heard the same rumble at a much more expensive chain hotel in Rapid City. This hotel is a great value and I would definitely recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks so much for staying at the Sunshine Inn and for stressing "value" in your review. Value is our watchword here, and as you found, we offer our guests a combination of clean and comfortable surroundings and fixtures, plenty of amenities, and a pleasant and friendly environment to go with them. Thank you also for comparing us so favorably to the many chain hotels in the region, reinforcing our belief that when it comes to value, travelers just can't find much better than they get here. We're delighted that you were our guest at the Sunshine Inn and certainly hope to see next time you're in the neighborhood. Happy travels and best wishes, John (owner, Sunshine Inn)
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Stayed here on the ride out to Sturgis rally. Value for room was very good, and hospitality and welcoming staff exceptional. Was able to wash/dry my bike with hotel provided gear, coffee and treats in the morning, and easy walk to downtown Wall. Lots of other folks on motorcycles, but all were respectful of each other and quiet at night. Many would be sitting outside relaxing, and very friendly feel in general. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
friendlysdinnkeeper, Owner at Sunshine Inn, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
This year's Sturgis Bike Rally was a good one, indeed, and reading your review of your stay here on your way to the rally made it only better for us. "Great value" and "awesome staff" are two of the nicest observations and compliments that we can get because that's the essence of our business here at the Sunshine Inn. We do have a nice "vibe" here during Rally Week, probably because so many of the motorcyclists that stay here at the Sunshine Inn have been coming for many years. It's our pleasure to make them feel at home and service their unique needs during rally time. Along with the special, motorcycle-specific extras that you mentioned, the same services and amenities that all our customers get are in plentiful supply. Thank you for such a warm and friendly review. We sure hope to see you again! Best wishes and good riding, John (owner, Sunshine Inn)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wall
BEST WESTERN Plains Motel
Badlands Interior Motel and Campground
Motel 6 Wall
Motel 6 Wall
#10 of 11 in Wall

Been to Sunshine Inn? Share your experiences!