“Clean Clean Clean”
Review of Ann's Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wall
Ann's Motel
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Wall
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I rate lodging on cleanliness first, as that is most important factor for me. Second comes price. This motel meets both with 5 stars. My kids were thrilled with the small cabin-like room we had. It was squeals of delight as soon as we pulled up (which was handy and just steps from our room), then squeals of delight from me when I saw the room was clean, had no odor, a fridge, and wifi. Kudos to Ann, who was a gem to speak to as well. Idr how much our king-sized bed room was, I believe it was less than $75. Either way, I do remember thinking it was a good deal. I will recommend Ann's to anyone I know staying in the Black Hills and plan on staying here next time I visit as well.

Room Tip: Request one of the cabins!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KRM210

Reviewed 13 June 2014

My husband and I wanted to visit Wall Drug in Wall, SD and we arrived late and it was closed. We spent the night at Ann's Motel and it was nice and comfy. Ann was happy to suggest places to eat and called before to be sure the restaurant was open. You have the choice of a cabin or room, we stayed in the room, queen bed, she has a prayer in the room wishing travelers a safe journey. We thanked her for her kindness before we left, hope you travel in that direction and visit Ann's
Motel. Not fancy, dancy but a good old fashioned homey stay with warmth from Ann.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Suzanne O
Reviewed 17 May 2014

There is not much to choose from in Wall, but I would say that Ann's is a great choice for the area. The room was clean, comfortable and the staff (owner and her son) were very friendly. If we travel there again, I would stay at Ann's. Excellent prices! and yes we had wifi!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank WVHighlander
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

The room is clean and comfortable, the people are very nice. No charge for my dog. Rooms come with nice TV, microwave, coffee maker. Right in back of Wall Drug. Only one drawback--no wifi in the rooms. But, for the price, not bad at all. And, as I single woman, I feel very safe.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank jcolleenb
Reviewed 30 April 2014

If you're looking for a comfortable night or week's stay near the Badlands, this is the place. Ann is super friendly, the rooms are comfortable, all the comforts of home on the road. Just a short walk from the Drug Store and main street. You will love this place! We stayed in the motel, but Ann also has some single cabins on the west side of the facility. Just good, midwestern people run the place with a smile.

Room Tip: if you'd like something more detached from the motel, ask for one of the cabins. I was surprised...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tony U
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I planned a stay in Wall during my end-to-end driving vacation of South Dakota, but I hadn't necessarily picked a place. I stumbled onto Ann's and was absolutely thrilled. Delightful owner, gracious accommodations, fabulous location (easy on/off to I90, easy walking distance to all that Wall has to offer). The best part was finding out that the adorable cabin-style rooms were the same price as a regular room. Speaking of the cabins, they are completely separated from each other and the main hotel so there is no noise from other guests, ice makers, soda machines, etc. AND - I could park my car practically on the front porch. I cannot say enough about how much I loved staying there. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: get a cabin - set away from all the hubbub, very private but not stuck in some weird remote section...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank WilowRunAlpacas
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Ann's has a big country lobby to check in. She is very nice and answers questions. Later she had family in to chat, very warm feeling. There is a mini shelf with books for the taking. She said their library had surplus and places took them to share. How nice is that. The room was basic, enough space, 'fridge and microwave, and clean. Everything works, which can't always be said. No close outlet plug reached to bed, but the tabletop was fine. Two block walk to the famous Wall Drug. These kind of places are much more memorable and make a trip a journey, rather then just another bed to stop.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Angell66
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wall
Best Western Plains Motel
Econo Lodge Wall
Econo Lodge Wall
#9 of 11 in Wall
Badlands Interior Motel and Campground

Been to Ann's Motel? Share your experiences!