“Worth the time”

Redlin Art Center
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Watertown
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Redlin Art Center is a gift from artist Terry Redlin to his hometown of Watertown, South Dakota. Filled with over 160 of Redlin's original oil paintings, the Art Center is self guided and admission is free of charge. Guests are also invited to shop 3 gift shops, enjoy complimentary video presentations about the artist and stroll the 30-acre conservation park.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stairs / lift, Activities for young children
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

One of a kind attraction. Free admission. Many original paintings by Terry Redlin, one of the most popular artists ever. Wonderful gift shop.

Julie R, General Manager at Redlin Art Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you so much for your review! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit! Thanks, too, for your kind words about the Gift Shop. 100% of the proceeds generated by the sale of merchandise in the Redlin Art Center's Gift Shop go directly back into the operation of the Redlin Art Center - this enables us to keep admission to the Redlin Art Center free! Thanks again!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Fantastic. If your a lover of art or just that of the outdoors, this is a great place to visit. Mr. Redlin can bring alive many emotions of the creatures that live in the midwest and of those basic American family values.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

This art center is one of a kind! It is a beautiful building set on gorgeous grounds. It is not only a display of Mr. Redlins work, but an adventure through his life's journey of developing a unique style. I would suggest that even if someone only has a few minutes to view the art that they make an effort to stop and view as much as you have time for; then stop back again and again.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Since I am a big fan of Terry Redlin's paintings every time I get a chance I stop there. The family has acquired a large number of the original paintings and that is what makes it so special for me. I never get tired of looking at Terry's paintings and I don't think I ever will.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

we have been there numerous times and we have always enjoyed going there and have Terry's pictures in our homes.