“Great hotel!”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Watertown
Minnesota
“Great hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

Just stayed one night at this hotel to visit my husband who is working in the Watertown area for a few weeks and had a fantastic time! My older daughters (8&7) loved the waterslide and pool and the area for the younger kids was perfect for my 3 year old. My husband and I were able to relax in the pool area for hours while the kids played. The pool area was also very clean and well taken care of.

The rooms were nice and clean with new carpet, bedding and TVs. Everything in our room was spotless. No fridge or microwave in our room (2 queen) but we didn't end up really needing it so that wasn't a big deal.

The breakfast area is very nice and they had one of the best selections for continental breakfast that we have had in awhile. The pancake machine was a huge hit with the kids!

Overall a very nice, clean hotel and if your kids are younger and love the water like mine, probably the best choice in hotels for the Watertown area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Aberdeen, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

We stopped here as a half-way point on a trip specifically for the indoor waterpark. My toddler twins are too short for the big waterslide but the kiddie section was perfect for them. And the water was heated which was a plus for Mom and Dad. The only complaint was that I noticed the teenage lifeguard seemed more interested in her iPhone than watching kids on the waterslide.

The hotel was full, but we did not hear noise from above or out in the hall all night, room was spacious, beds were great, bathroom was clean, and the continental breakfast was excellent. I would definitely stay again.

Winnipeg, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

I was expecting too much...we had called ahead to find out if they had a waterslide and yes they did. Well we would only get there a little before ten - would it still pay. She said the pool was open till 11:00. We get there around ten and get ready for the slide only to find it shut off at 10:00 and so we asked about it and she said it would only go back on at 5:00 pm the next day. So we were hooped. This was the only reason we came here. It is a hotel that has been rebranded to a Holiday Inn Express. I am surprised that it qualified. It is has a vinyl siding look and is short on floor and wall insulation (can hear traffic above you and in the hallways), typical of the cheaper hotels. The hostess apologized for the waterslide not going for us but didn't do anything about it. The shower in the morning was cut short because the water was only lukewarm. If your at all fussy about pillows, bring your own if you are staying here, ours were lumpy and worn out. Breakfast was good - biscuits and gravy was something over and beyond what we were used to from other places. General impression of this place would be to make as much profit as possible without much regard for customers. Amenities page in the binder stated "refrigerators in the rooms" which was not in the room we had. You will be happy with this place if you don't expect much.

1 Thank StakeLover
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Watertown, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Dear StakeLover,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. I am glad that the breakfast served during your stay lived up to your expectations. I would also like to apologize for any inconvenience the pool closure caused you and your family. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Watertown hotels

Midwest
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Watertown, South Dakota Holiday Inn Express! We found the hotel to be very clean and well appointed and considering the number of guests it was very quiet! Furniture was dated but clean and in good shape.

Mobridge, South Dakota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

Was in a good location. The price was right. Room was clean and comfortable. The kiddie area at the pool was nice but the actual pool was freezing cold and the hot tub was scalding hot. The waterslide was a blast though. The front desk was courteous and helpful. They served a really good breakfast also.

• Stayed March 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Watertown, responded to this review, 30 June 2013
Dear dakgypsies02,

We appreciate you leaving a review on your recent stays with us. We are glad to see that you left some feedback on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations. I am deeply sorry for any issues you have encountered.

We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. I will pass over you comments made to our Maintenance Manager in order to investigate further.

Regards,
Brenda J.
Maplewood
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

I found the hotel to be very clean and staff freindly. The maids in the morning smile and say hello when you walk down the hallway. Maintenance guy was always saying to have a nice day. The only problem I had was with the free breakfast. The decaf coffee was luke warm each morning so I would mix in the full leaded stuff to increase its temperature. I have a wheat, gluten and dairy allergy. The scrambled eggs are awful. The mini muffins are stale (suppose they were left overs from earlier in the week, i know they had gluten - I was hungry and desperate). There was nothing on the food buffet that I could eat because it contained gluten and dairy. There was no fruit available either day. I mentioned this to the front desk and was told there should have been - would have been nice if they would have apologized at least. I did not use any of the facilities while staying there so I am unable to comment on them. I just rented the room to have a place to sleep at night while I was in town for a funeral. do not book thru expedia as they are more expensive. I just researched this. I was in a rush (had less than 5 minutes to book) and googled the hotel as someone had recommended Holiday Inn Express. I thought I was booking directly with the hotel and when I checked in found out it was thru Expedia. They are more expensive than hotels.com and other travel websites.

Room Tip: I asked for a room that would not face the highway as I am a light sleeper. The put me at the end o...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Watertown, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Dear Roni L,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We're sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from the restaurant staff. We were disappointed to read that when you visited the restaurant you did not find it to your tastes, we will review for possible modifications so to better accommodate our guest in the future. We do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thank you for again for your feedback, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Ferdinand G
Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

Very poor experience. Hotel took advantage of the bad weather and overcharged us. The room was very minimalist, no refrigerator, microwave, or much of anything really. The "water park" is a complete joke. There is a water slide, however, it isn't open. There is no actual pool. There is a small kiddie play area and there is a wading pool and an small splash down puddle at the bottom of the slide. The wading pool was ice cold and looked brown. The hot tub was extremely hot and worked. Otherwise, the so called "water park" was terrible. At best the room was a $25 value, and I doubt it was worth that.

Stayed April 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Watertown, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Dear tryin2findhome,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the room accommodations, and water park were not in line with your expectations. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J