“Took a chance”

IHOP
Lakeville, Minnesota
“Took a chance”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We have only eaten at three different IHOPS, including this one. Our first visit to IHOP was in Brooklyn Center, MN. It was great. The employees were some of the nicest, friendliest people you could ever meet. We went back there several times and the food and service was always excellent.

Our next adventure at IHOP was in Sioux Falls, SD. Nearly the exact opposite experience... Employee was cold, and the pancakes were still "runny" inside. Not a good experience.

This last Sunday we decided to try the IHOP in Watertown, SD. Our expectations were low but we wanted to give it a shot. We got there at approximately 12:30 and were seated nearly immediately. I was a little apprehensive about what the food/service would be like when there wasn't a line of people waiting to be seated. However, we were very pleasantly surprised. The waitress was excellent, and the food was very tasty. There were three of us, and we all enjoyed the meal and the service.

Next time we are in Watertown, this IHOP will certainly be on our short list of places to eat.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Terry B

Plainview NE
“IHOP”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Even though I stayed at the Comfort Inn with a continental breakfast; who can resist an IHOP for breakfast?!? Not me! I am not usually a "breakfast person", but I had to do IHOP. The food waffles and sausage were great. I have always loved there orange juice. The wait staff was very attentive.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Sheri H
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great food, lousy service”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Dropped in for lunch here and both opted for the strawberry French toast. The French toast was delicious and plentiful.

The service issue we encountered related to my drink. I asked for coffee which was delivered immediately and flask left for me to refill. I asked for cream straight away as there was none on our, or any surrounding, tables. The server said she would get me some and be right back.
I asked her a second time as she was passing and she said she had forgotten. Still no cream I asked a third time when the French toast was delivered and she said "oh, I forgot again". Still she didn't bring it back.

I finally gave up and when we settled our check I asked for the coffee to be removed. She seemed a little surprised and asked if I couldn't just drink it without cream. My response was no and anyway it was stone cold as I had waited for the promised cream to appear.
She seemed to think I was a bit unreasonable and didn't offer any apology so I figure customer service isn't a priority in this location. What a pity they should let themselves down in this way.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Gill68
Fargo, North Dakota
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Friendly staff and good food, great place for breakfast on a road trip! Clean restaurant with great variety of menu items.

• Visited September 2013
Federal heights CO
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Breakfast”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Nice staff, very clean restaurant, and breakfast was very good, got lots of food for your money. Nice location, right across from hotel so we walked to meet family at restaurant.

Visited September 2013