“Rapture”

Broadway Inn Yankton
Ranked #6 of 7 Yankton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Perhaps the painting above the bed says a lot. It is a modern work of titled “Rapture”. The front door is new, carpet is clean, the walls are newly painted, and the bedding appears clean. The dust on the windowsills is so thick you can write your initials in it. The front window is cracked and the screen on the rear window has several holes in it. I doubt if any of the windows have been washed in recent times and the venetian blinds are bent. The ‘drapes’ appear to have been made from shower curtain material – one is hung upside-down and the other does not reach to the bottom of the glass. The drawer in the TV cabinet hangs crooked and the Formica on the sink cabinet is coming off. The overhead light in the sink area does not work the fixtures above the mirror are rusty, and the lamp shade over the bed is held together with masking tape. The flowers on the night stand are wilted (somewhat unusual for silk flowers). Perhaps those who rent the room for the rapture of the moment will not notice the details of their surroundings.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Alfred B
There are newer reviews for Broadway Inn Yankton

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed over Labor Day weekend 2013. We arrived late and the first room we were put in had a musty mildew smell and we requested a different one. They obliged, and the second room was much better. When I went to use the microwave, there was a half eaten breakfast sandwich stuck to the tray. In the morning, we noticed that there were close to ten mattresses leaned against the fence and wall around the pool. We were so worried about bedbugs that it was hard to sleep there. The price was reasonable for a holiday weekend, but again with the mattress situation, we will not return.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I stay here everytime I come home to SD for a weekend. It has never been anything but pleasant. The staff have always been pleasant and courteous and the rooms get nicer everytime I am there. They go out of their way to make things comfortable. I lost my wallet when I was there, they let me stay way past checkout time without charging me and even went to the establishment where my wallet was found and mailed it home to me. Plus, it's right in the middle of town, you can walk easily for cocktails, fast food, convienience store. I will keep coming back. Unfortunately, with these smaller businesses, it's only usually the bad experiences that get reported. Let's keep small businesses IN BUSINESS!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amy D
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We checked in and a woman was at the desk, she seemed nice charged us $80 for a room with 2 queen beds and micro fridge, she mentioned the manager was out and she was filling in for him, that is why we had to wait for our change on payment for the room. We got in the room the beds weren't queen they were dbl. beds and NO micro/fridge in our room, we were tired and left it alone. So we went and got dinner for our family, while we were gone we told our eldest son who is 17 to go to the office and get some ice. When we got back our son said the Manager was very mad and needed to talk to us when we got back. Well he knocked on the door to give us back our change for the room, didn't say a thing. My husband smokes outside and went out to have a smoke, while he was out there the maintenance man came out with the manager and walked up to my husband, the manager asked how old are your boys, we should have charged you a lot more then you were charged, our boys are 13 and 17, he said we thought they were babies not older boys, my husband said they are still OUR kids, I didn't make the mistake you did, we paid what we paid we have nothing to do with that. The maintenance man (a heavy set black man) actually started yelling at my husband and bucked up on him and said you need to pay or we can take this around the back, my husband said lets go right here big boy, he thinks because he is big my husband would let it go, he backed down and my husband came inside to tell me what had just happened, needless to say it made for a horrible night, we had to stay we didn't want to pack EVERYTHING up and leave it being late already, but now it left us worried about them doing something to our vehicle, so me and my husband were up at every noise we heard outside and it was horrible. Needless to say we wont go here EVER again, we travel for business and this is one of the worse motels we have stayed in. BEWARE folks just pay the extra money and go to the nice motel off of HWY 50 Kelly Inn (Best Western) we did the next night and it was awesome. If you stay here you will regret it....GOOD LUCK!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Victoria C
Reviewed 30 October 2012

carpets are filthy, sheets had feces or blood on them.... idk didnt inspect any further, just covered back up with the burn hole comforter . pillows have no pillow cases. no heat in room, unless you use the plug in heater that is provided at the foot of the bed not even 2 feet away from comforter.... fire issue... refrigerator leaking water all over counter and plug dangling from extra adaptor plug in from wall in water..... tub drain or plug dont hold water... leaks all the water right out.... tried plugging with wash rag... no luck, metal ring around drain leaks or tub itself leaks..... non skid strips in tub worn down so you slip in the shower while taking a shower with soap from hand dispenser in corner of shower like public restrooms use.... shower has a light fixture above it with old porch like globe on it with a plug in so i guess you can plug something in and electrocute yourself if you want after the experience of this room.... 2 towels supplied in room... no little hotel shampoo or soap or ammenities like other hotels supplied..... oh well... when you sleep ... sleep with extra clothes on and shoes so if you need to leave in hurry.... i slept with clothes, shoes, 2 jackets and all the lights on and one eye open on a concrete slab... ready to run if i needed to.... and in case of fire or dispute next door.... some good things happen at this hotel after 12 midnite..... and walls are thin..... travelers beware!!!!!!

Room Tip: ask to see room first... we viewed online... and wow.... not at all what they show you online.... i...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank smbmf03
Reviewed 4 October 2012

The pictures online are obviously from a different place. We made the reservations online and once there we were charged an extra 21.00. The room was dirty and I was scared to take my shoes off and walk on the carpet. The room smelled so bad of bleach that it was burning our nose. We had to leave windows open just to be able to stay in there. HORRIBLE!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank BonnieA411
Reviewed 15 July 2012

The Inn is fairly small and more for the budget traveler. The room was small and needed some airing out before I was able to sleep. After this was done though, i slept well. The staff was nice and the owner and staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yankton
Holiday Inn Express Yankton
#3 of 7 in Yankton
Lewis & Clark Resort
Lewis & Clark Resort
#3 of 4 in Yankton

Been to Broadway Inn Yankton? Share your experiences!