“Overpriced & lacks flavor”

Minerva's Grill And Bar
Ranked #1 of 62 Restaurants in Yankton
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Yankton, South Dakota
“Overpriced & lacks flavor”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I've been taken to eat here several times over the last few years, and never have been impressed with the food. It's just not that good, and especially for how much you pay. I don't mind shelling out for food if it's delicious & worth it, but this is not the case here. Last summer I had a specialty dish here that was some kind of salmon pasta that just tasted like it was drowning in lemon juice & oil and was a strange flavor. We tried their cajun menu, and it was awful. Bf had jambalaya & I had gumbo - dishes came out cold & skimmed over and had the exact same gravy on both, except mine they threw some spices on top here & there so that the flavors were uneven. I'm giving up on this place. I've heard other Minerva's are good, but I'm done with the Yankton location.

• Visited February 2013

Americus, Georgia
“Three great meals in two days here!”
Reviewed 11 April 2013 via mobile

While attending a conference at the hotel attached to the restaurant, I had dinner here once and lunch twice. All three meals were excellent--not only in taste but presented nicely. The burger was delicious and juicy without being greasy, the steak was tender and lean, and they had a side of Parmesan risotto cakes that I could not get enough of!
Service was a little slow one day at lunch, but I think that was because they were inundated by our large group all at once.
Nice decor, friendly staff!
When I arrived in Sioux Falls last night, I was thrilled to find another Minerva's that I am also going to review!

Visited April 2013
Chicago, Illinois, USA
“Very nice selection & value”
Reviewed 27 March 2013

We had a great meal and drinks. Prices were also very reasonable. The servers were knowledgable and pleasant kids from nearby Vermillion.

Visited March 2013
Yankton, South Dakota
“Fine dining...”
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Food was very good, service was excellent and we didn't have to wait a very long time. The tables & booths aren't crowded either so it is kind of private.

Visited October 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Dinner while in Yankton”
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Good food and good service. I would recommend this location for someone who is interested in a good midwest menu.

• Visited March 2013