Review of Ty's Smokehouse

Ranked #14 of 81 Restaurants in Bartlett
Price range: US$4 - US$21
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Had my first visit the other day. Service was quick, price was reasonable. The BBQ was simply excellent. I had a pork sandwich and beans, and my friend had a brisket sandwich and onion rings. The BBQ was simply excellent as were the side dishes. I loved the buns, which were substantial and didn't fall apart. Extra sauce is freely available in a range of "heat." I liked his original sauce. Ty is an experienced competition BBQ cook and it shows. Some of the best BBQ I've ever had. I'll be back soon.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Sonny G

Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This restaurant is located on Stage Rd (Hwy 64) about a mile west of Appling. It is in a little strip center. We walked in and decided to grab a menu and sit rather than standing gawking at the menu board. I wanted everything on the menu but decided my best bet was the brisket sandwich. I ordered it with cheese cubes because anything with fried cheese has to be good. We were given our cups and went to fill our drinks and our order actually came out before we had a chance to sit down. Wow was I impressed with the sandwich. It was the best I have had in a very long time. Seeing I am not from Memphis, I got my slaw on the side, but it was very good. It had a great flavor to it, and I am not a big slaw fan. The cheese cubes, which interestingly were round, were good also. The brisket was definitely the highlight of the meal. It was uber tender with a spectacular smokey beefy taste. We tried all the sauces and the smoked was definitely my favorite. It complimented the sandwich nicely. Did I mention the sandwiches are only 6 bucks? All the prices on the menu looked great. The interior is cute. The concrete pig benches out front are a nice touch. When you you walk in your eyes are immediately drawn to huge collection of BBQ trophies in one corner. We said hi to Ty who was there when we went, but from reading other reviews, he is apparently always there. We went for diner but they have lunch specials every day for five bucks!. I am looking forward to trying the pig tails, which I understand is the Iowa tenderloin cut into strips. They must do a great carry out business, because the entire time we were there, there was a steady stream of people picking up orders.Try this place, you will not be disappointed!

Bottom Line:
Great BBQ
Great Prices
Friendly Staff
Cute Place

• Visited April 2014
Memphis, Tennessee
“Best BBQ in the area”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

MemphisRoadie up there must have come around a bad time, because my experience here was nothing but superb. Greeted as soon as I entered, the cashier was very sweet and answered all my questions and was patient as this was my first time visited and I usually stick with BBQ I know, but a good friend of my strongly recommended, and boy am I glad she did! I ordered a pork sandwich with slaw and a side of beans and it was all great. The slaw is a little different, but in a good way and definitely sets this place apart from other BBQ restaurants.

The meat wasn't smothered in sauce, but it was so tender and packed with flavor it barely needed it! But I like a lot of sauce so I got extra, which they keep bottles of in the lobby for customers who do. The beans were a little spicy but still good, and for a whole meal like that I was more than satisfied with the portions.

The owner even came out while I was eating and asked how I liked the food, very friendly. Its nice to see a business owner on the front lines and one who actually cares about how customers enjoy the food and interacts with them.

The food was great, friendly and attentive service, reasonable prices. I highly recommend this restaurant, new in Bartlett!

• Visited March 2014
Memphis
“More Sauce Please...”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I visited this restaurant because I was hungry for barbecue. I was close to the Wolfchase area, so I just decided to try it out. I must say it was just ok. I had a half slab of ribs which I ordered wet. I'm still looking for the sauce. Guess I have to order extra sauce. The cole slaw was different. I'm used to a sweet taste and it wasn't. Don't think it was worth what I paid, but I'm willing to give it another chance later. When I first walked in, I wondered if anyone was going to help me because no one was up front, I thought. After reading the menu to decide what I wanted, I looked to the left and there the cashier was behind the register playing on her cell phone. Not good. I expect to be greeted when I walk into a place of business, and I wasn't.

• Visited February 2014