“Physically Challenging and Fun!”
Review of Worley's Cave

Worley's Cave
Boca Raton, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Physically Challenging and Fun!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Don't underestimate the challenges of this cave tour, it is physically demanding and you need to be in good shape. You will be required to pull your body weight with elbows when crawling through very tight spaces and jump onto tall rocks while using your elbows to pull your legs up onto the rock. Definitely wear long pants, long shirt and hiking boots, it's slippery. You will be rolling in mud, walking in knee deep water on slippery rocks. My wife and I, took our 9 &12 year old and had a lot of fun. We all train in a gym and are healthier eaters, so we were conditioned for this challenge. This is not a innocent walking tour through a cave. Have fun!

“Caving”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We were a mostly inexperienced group of 12 and age 14-70. Our guides were very knowledgeable and patient or encouraging when needed.
I don't think it was stressed enough the importance of hiking boots. I was very glad I had them and came out with dry feet, but most of our group didn't have them and had a very wet and slippery experience. Gloves would have been nice, but not necessary. Many small spaces to wiggle through and neat places to climb. If you're expecting many stalagmites and stalactites, with wooden walkways and railings, you're not going to see them. This isn't a cave of wonders in that regard. It's an old mining cave and very rugged. Good health is a must; we had an older woman with us who has arthritis and fell over and over, which made the trip tedious at times.
I had a great overall experience!

Fort Myers, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent family fun with lots of mud”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We took our 10 year old grandsons to Worley's Cave with Megan of USA Rafting. She was a great guide. The boys were right in there behind her every step of the way. We were so muddy, I'm still soaking the clothes. But it was so cool to crawl on your stomach from one room to the other. I was amazed at what we could really do when put to the test. Loved it! However, the next time we go we will wear throw away clothes and shoes.

Benson
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Make sure you check out this wonder. My Girl Scout troop went for a hike through the cave. Our guide, Alex was very knowledgable about the cave.
You should be in good health and shape to take this trip. And make sure you wear hiking boots, not sneakers/tennis shoes. Gloves are a must. If you are scared of small places this is not for you. If you don't like getting muddy and dirty you might want to skip it also. You will be rolling in the mud...literally.

Visited June 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Caving with USA raft!”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

My wife and I went caving here with USA raft and it was a blast. The cave is a perfect mix of big rooms and small areas too! This isn't your run of the mill cave with lights installed and a casual walk. This is a get dirty real cave experience. Our guide did a great job of making the experience fun and safe. Would highly recommend this cave experience and USA raft!

Visited July 2012