“Comfortable and cute, would visit again.”

Hyatt Place Nashville/Brentwood
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Brentwood
Reviewed 18 October 2009

The setup of the room was fantastic and open concept. I really like the bed. The TV is in the perfect spot and is easy to adjust to either watch on the sectional couch or from the bed. The only complaint is that changing channels is a very slow and tedious process. Overall, I love this hotel. The staff is friendly, the room is great, the location is perfect.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 15 September 2009

I was doing business in the area for the first time and found a good deal on this property. Rooms are large with flat screen TV's and meeting area. The hotel sits up on a hill looking down on a nice mall area. In the mall is Target and Panera Bread so having dinner/breakfast was great and if I forgot something (like I did) I did not have to hunt all over the town for a store.

I would surely go back again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 September 2009

Just stayed at this hotel Sunday night and checked out on Monday, Labor Day.

Great appearance and great view from our room. Hallways on the main level as well as our floor were barely cool as was the elevator during an average warm Sept. day in this area.

The room was as nice as previous Hyatt Place hotels we've stayed in. The electrical outlet next to the bathroom sink is a mystery, as an earlier guest commented. At least the hotel's hairdryer barely stayed plugged into it, nothing else would. There is nothing in the room about the area, such as brochures, etc. There isn't even a phone book. There is no newspaper rack on the main floor. There is a feeling that you could be in any city and there is no connection to local area at all.

Our experience with the breakfast buffet was a spoiler for our stay. It was Labor Day. We saw on the hotel's TV info. channel that the buffet hours were until 10:00 on holidays as it is on Sat. and Sun. M-F the buffet ends at 9:30. Upon going downstairs at 9:40, we learned that the buffet had ended at 9:30, even though it was a holiday. The attendant seemed not to know or care that the hours were different on holidays and we could only talk them out of bagels. This was not a positive way to end our stay.

The value here is great for the rate we were charged. But, if free, the attitudes would have still made this an unfortunate stay.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MPHSCOUPLE
Reviewed 8 July 2009

I stayed at this hotel on a business trip in April of 2009. This was my first experience with a Hyatt hotel. I booked the reservation on the strong recommendation of a business colleague. I was not disappointed. This was a great hotel.

Price-wise, it was very comparable to most Marriotts. I believe I paid around $120/night for 2 nights. The hotel was very clean and nicely decorated. The parking lot was fairly large with plenty of spaces in front of the hotel. The hotel had a spacious lobby, tasteful artwork scattered along the walls. The floors were a combination of marble/granite and carpet, both kept very clean. The lobby had small "alcoves" with chairs, a table and a flat screen tv on the wall (presumably for informal meetings) The staff was pretty friendly - even though I checked in around 11:00pm the first night. This was refreshing because I often find late-night staff at hotels to be a bit surly.

My room was unexpectedly luxurious. The room was divided into two sections: a living area with a big, comfy couch, a small desk (with internet hookup) and small kitchenette. The other section was a bedroom area with a king sized bed, nightstands and an air conditioning unit on the wall. The room had a large flat screen tv that swiveled so you could watch from either the bed or the couch. For business travelers who like to watch tv while doing work - that's just a simple, nice feature.

The room had the standard coffee pot, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, but this hotel also provided a clean shower robe with complimentary giftbag of frilly soaps, handcream, etc. Not my thing, but it's still a nice touch.

When on business, I never use the pool or sauna. Likewise, I'm not someone who uses room service or ever requests extra "stuff" (like towels, cups, blankets, etc.) - so I cannot comment on those things. However, I did have a question about using the internet and the front desk answered my questions quickly and politely.

The only downside to room: the bathroom. It was among the smallest I have ever seen. Don't get me wrong, small bathrooms are pretty standard in mid-level business hotels. They like to impress you with the "living space" and figure most customers don't care about the size of a bathroom. That's generally true, but good gravy! This was an uncomfortably small room. Without exaggeration, the door BARELY missed the toilet when opening/closing. Other than that, I count this hotel as being among the nicest in which I have ever stayed.

A small word about the location: Forget about using your GPS to find this place. My Tom-Tom was completely confounded by the hotel's location and kept giving me bizarre directions (like telling me to drive down ancient, abandoned dirt roads or old utility roads with huge, locked gates). That being said, once you actually find the place (Hint: It sits atop a gigantic hill off Old Hickory Road) - the view of Nashville from the hotel at night is spectacular. I hightly recommend this hotel and will definitely patronize Hyatt more often.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank Manohsteel
Reviewed 7 July 2009

Some of their hotels are showing wear & tear but most of them are still looking up-to-date and well-kept.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2009

We recently stayed at the Brentwood Hyatt Place while on a trip on the Natchez Trace Parkway. We were very pleased with our choice. We got the room for $67, and it was huge. The hotel is new, about 2 years old, and everything felt modern and clean. As other reviewers have noted, the bathroom is tiny and inconveniently arranged, but the rest of the room is quite spacious. The large TV was a big hit with my husband! The hotel is situated on a hill, and our room had a nice view looking out towards the city. The complimentary breakfast was pretty standard, but the real dining ware was a nice touch. We found the clerks to be friendly, although not very knowledgeable about attractions in the area. They did not live in the area and had a hard time directing us to restaurants. They said the hotel mainly caters to business travelers, and they were not that familiar with area tourist attractions either. The hotel did seem to be out of the way, if you're interested in Nashville city life, but it was great for us coming in from the Natchez Trace Parkway and Franklin area. Overall, we were very happy with our choice and thought it was a great value.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2009

We booked our room through Hotwire, which as you probably know is a grab bag of hotels. I have never had a bad experience out of having booked 10 or so times with them. This time we were lucky to get the Brentwood Hyatt Place.
The spacious rooms were clean and tastefully decorated with wood and earth tones. Our room featured a king sized bed with a huge couch which was also a sofa bed. The room also had a coffee maker and micro fridge (Though it did not seem to get too cool). The king sized bed was comfortable and the sofa bed, well, it was as comfortable as a sofa bed. The tv was a large 47 inch flat panel screen.
I noted two down sides about the room which I would like to mention. First, our room faced the highway and you could hear some of the highway traffic at night if the a/c or heater is not running. There were blackout curtains which helped with the light level and some of the sound, but the room was definitely not sound proof. The next down side is the size of the bathroom. For such a spacious room, the bathroom was slightly bigger than a cruise ship size (a medium sized walk in closet) and not what you might expect in such a spacious room.. There were two sinks rather than being inside the bathroom so others could wash their faces or brush their teeth while the bathroom was occupied.
The hotel did provide a breakfast in the morning with a selection of breads, bagels, cereals, juices, fruit and yoghurt. For you Starbucks fans there was also free Starbucks and teas also available. Specialty coffees and eggs, etc were available for an additional charge.
The hotel staff was friendly enough, but not notable. If you stay at the hotel and have breakfast in the lobby, you may have to clean your own table as there did not seem to be enough staff to do it. If they wanted guests to clear their own tables, it was not clear as we did not discover the one trash receptacle until we were ready to leave. It may be nice if they put signs up or at least an additional waste receptacle.
The hotel also offered a fitness room and pool, neither of which did we use.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family