“Nice Pet Friendly!”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Brentwood
Reviewed 11 March 2014

A great place if you travel with your pet. The staff were pleasant and helpful. The check in process was very accommodating, we arrived a few hours early and were allowed to check in. There are some signs of wear and tear in the lobby areas, halls , and in the rooms. However the room was clean, had a microwave and refrigerator, and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was yummy! The hotel is located within walking distance of a strip mall for shopping. There is no restaurant at the hotel

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank georgias944
KanalCK, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this nice review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Our renovations are now complete - providing attractive modern facilities and a welcoming ambiance to all our incoming guests. We are so glad that you liked our excellent hotel amenities, including the big complimentary hot breakfast. Our convenient location off I-65 South is close to the huge Galleria Shopping Mall and at just a few minutes drive from downtown Nashville. The hotel is surrounded by a great selection of restaurants and other attractions like antique shops, cinemas and golf courses. We hope to see you again, soon.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Extortion!! Attempted to add on $75 charge for our invisible dog. Offered to let clerk come check our vehicle out before leaving to make sure no dogs were in there-- Rude and will not stay again. Full size beds clerk states they are queen.

• Stayed: March 2014
4  Thank Kari4kids
KanalCK, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest: I have seen many hotel reviews over the years but none so melodramatic and iniquitous as yours! My responses to the main issues you have raised are as follows:

First, about the “invisible” dog: It was not the night clerk, a wonderfully pleasant, alert and astute senior lady, who heard a dog barking in your room. No, actually it was another guest in a room close to you who said that he had, and reported it to us. At checkout, we simply asked you if you had an undeclared pet in the room. When you said “no”, we took your word to be as good as gold and not a single additional penny was charged to your card. We believe and trust in our valued guests and would never go out to check their vehicle and things. Yet, you have labeled this simple and straightforward matter as an “extortion”? I am sorry but, in my opinion, your accusation is an over-reaction and totally uncalled for.

Second, about the size of beds in your room: Well, I checked them just to be sure and they were indeed the Queen size, not full size, just like our Clerk correctly told you. Maybe the reason you felt that the beds were “smaller” was because you tried to sleep three people in each bed instead of normal two. Unfortunately, you hid the fact that you actually had six persons in the room with two beds. It seems that you falsely reported at check-in that you only had four people in the group to pay charge for extra persons or avoid getting a second room. The actual number of people in your group was confirmed by viewing our video surveillance system which is installed in public places for the safety and protection of our guests. On a brighter note, it was heart warming to observe that your entire group of half a dozen folks seemed to thoroughly enjoy our complimentary sumptuous hot breakfast, and kept on toes our two breakfast attendant ladies who so lovingly prepare many delectable items fresh each morning for our guests.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

The Sleep Inn in Brentwood, Tennessee is clean and modern. The room was an adequate size and the bed was comfortable. The free breakfast included bisucuits, sausage, and scambled eggs. The staff was very friendly and, in particular, Carla, was very helpful. I would stay there again if I were in the area. The price was fair for what was offered.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
KanalCK, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a super review concerning your recent stay at our hotel. Our staff team takes great pride in providing excellent personalized services to all our guests and welcoming them with the inviting ambiance of our newly renovated facilities. Your positive comments are a source of encouragement and greatly appreciated by all of us, especially Carla. We would like to thank you for choosing us as your place of stay during your visit to this area and we hope to see you again, soon. Now, if we could only bring our Trip Advisor overall rating closer to a five... we will really have it made! Thanks.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

A very good choice. Welcoming place with modern design and layout. Comfortable, clean, friendly, everything's nearby. Great location right off I-65. Nice, classy area. Huge shopping center next to the hotel. Enjoy it!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank HollyCandy
KanalCK, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Your fabulous review has just brightened up our day here at Sleep Inn in Cool Springs/Brentwood. Our entire team greatly appreciates your excellent feedback as we strive hard 24/7 to provide our valued guests with the best guest services, hotel amenities and attractive rates in the exciting Cool Springs area. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We shall look forward to serving you again soon for another comfortable and happy stay.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

nice quiet location...comfortable bed and pillows.. bathroom was small but shower was modern and the water hot. good value for the money spent. free breakfast was adequate would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
KanalCK, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Our entire staff appreciates your excellent review on our hotel based on your recent stay with us. Your positive feedback is a source of encouragement to our team that takes great pride in taking excellent care of our guests and providing extremely clean and comfortable facilities. All our guests love our quiet and safe location but they also seem to like the fact that we are just a couple of minutes away from the Cool Springs Galleria Shopping Mall and a wide selection of fine dining places nearby. Other interesting destinations located within a six mile radius from us include the historic Franklin downtown, Civil War sites, Carter House, antique malls, the Legends Golf Course, and several business parks. Additionally, various attractions in downtown Music City-Nashville are within just a 15 minute drive from our hotel. Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

We checked in around 10pm and there were absolutely no parking spots left! They had many work trucks with trailers taking multiple spots. Our room was ok but not kept up. The beds were small and uncomfortable & the bathrooms were tiny with a slide door for privacy! The morning breakfast wa much smaller than i have ever seen anywhere else! I would definitely look elsewhere for a room!

• Stayed: October 2013
KanalCK, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review on our hotel. My staff and I apologize for not meeting all your expectations. Given below are our itemized responses to certain specific issues mentioned by you.

“..there were absolutely no parking spots left”: I agree that the parking situation was indeed tight upon your arrival due to a busy, sell-out night at the hotel. However, contrary to your statement, our video surveillance system indicates that several marked parking spots were still available at that time, besides several open spaces along the curbs.

“Our room was OK but not kept up”: I am surprised how you could have missed noticing the fresh new look and welcoming ambiance of our recently-renovated guestrooms. Most of our guests seem to love the new décor, the tastefully painted accent walls, energy-efficient recessed lights, new large screen Flat panel TVs, microwave ovens, mini fridges, plush new beddings, new linens, and even free water bottles in the rooms. With all due respect, are you sure we are both talking about the same hotel?

“The beds were small and uncomfortable”: Sorry, but I find this statement to be a bit misleading because the beds in all our rooms conform fully to the prevailing industry standards. If a Full XL size bed was too “small” for you, you could have opted for a room with standard King or Queen-size bed. Further, every bed in our hotel consists of brand new, plush, pillow top mattresses from a top brand which is appreciated and widely used in hotels for its indisputable comfort and luxury features. Again, it seems you are confusing our hotel beds with some other hotel you may have recently stayed at.

“The morning breakfast was much smaller than I have seen anywhere else”: Now I am really perplexed by your describing our daily hot breakfast as “small” when it is comprised of over 25 hot, fresh and healthy items! You seem to be oblivious to the fact that our huge sumptuous breakfast buffet actually consists of country biscuits, sausage patties, freshly-made sausage gravy, home-style scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, yogurt, make-your-own waffles, bagels, multigrain bread, danish, muffins, fresh fruit, three types of fruit juices plus lemonade, gourmet coffee, hot chocolate, low fat milk, cereals, oatmeal, and much more. I am sorry if this widespread offering is still not big enough for you and, lest you forget, it is absolutely free for you.

You have stated that “I would definitely look elsewhere for a room”. Frankly, I would actually encourage you to go compare our features, benefits, and attractive rates with those offered by other hotels in upscale Cool Springs area. I am confident that you will appreciate the fact that Sleep Inn provides one of the best price-values among hotels in this area. You will also discover that, unlike Sleep inn, many area hotels charge extra for even such basics as breakfast, high speed WIFI access & 24/7 internet support, in-room water bottles, guest parking, etc.

Last but not least, I would like you to know that we actually look forward to reading our guest reviews. especially when they provide us with valuable constructive feedback based upon facts, not fiction, that can help us make improvements to serve our future guests with a truly superior experience.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I stayed here one night, as it was a mile from my meeting in the a.m. My GPS took me to a different location several times. It was dark and raining outside and I had no idea how to get to the hotel. I called and the clerk tried her best to help me. She was patient and I was not. She was not familiar with the area and said that other guests had told her that their GPS did not show the correct location either. I was a mile away and tried to give some landmarks but she did not recognize any of them. It took me about 30 minutes to figure things out as she then asked someone to assist and stayed with me on the line until I saw their sign THANK YOU! I am thinking they may need a map of the area available with local businesses highlighted, so they can assist other guests.
Look for Mc Donalds and head (on that street) AWAY from the Galleria.

The rooms were updated and clean. Breakfast was suitable. Internet did not work for me in my room as I went to their server ( as suggested) and it said to click on the icon but the icon did not appear. It said, "inactive icon." I showed it to the front desk and we agreed that it was not me but truly the server. The shower was not hot. It was merely warm. I tried the sink water later and it was hot. Perhaps there were too many people showering at the same time?

Due to the fact that this is REALLY close to my client and that it was a very quiet location, I would stay here again for a quick trip. There are plenty of restaurants and shops VERY close by and convenient!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank motherjanegoose

On behalf of my staff and I, I would like to thank you for staying with us here at Sleep Inn. We also appreciate very much your taking the time to write such an enlightening and encouraging review. Based upon your feedback, we have initiated some steps with the City of Brentwood to provide better street signs, especially to help our first-time guests find us. Unfortunately, despite our efforts, many GPS devices still provide incorrect directions to our hotel that lead our guests "towards" the Galleria Mall instead of "away" from it as you have so astutely pointed out. We hope your stay with us will always be enjoyable and if we can do anything to make it even better, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you again for your business.