“Awkward Layout”

Residence Inn Nashville Brentwood
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Brentwood
Reviewed 28 May 2014

If your room is on the backside away from the parking lot, be prepared for a trek. At night the sprinklers made a muddy mess of everything and lots of spider webs covered the outside corners. The room itself was spacious enough.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Alana B, Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Brentwood, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Hello JeriWB,

I am sorry to hear that your stay was not up to the proper standard as it should have been. We appreciate you giving us the feedback. We will follow up with the sprinkler settings and spider webs. We hope to see you again if you travel needs bring you back to the area. If so, we can ensure to have your room location closer to the front desk.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at this property for 3 nights based in large part on the reasonable price and free parking (downtown Marriott properties all charge excessively for parking). I've stayed at many Residence Inns and this one basically falls into the "okay" category. The staff is very nice and welcoming - no complaints. But, as others have noted, the rooms are dated and I was surprised by some of the maintenance issues. Our television was supposed to have a 180 degree swivel, but it basically snapped itself back into one place. Not a big deal, a heavy book placed against the unit easily held the TV in place. Also, the shower/tub handle was broken, although it'd work if you got it just right. The free breakfast was okay, but not quite on par with other Residence Inns I've stayed at (e.g., the oatmeal was inedible soup). Probably my biggest complaint was the constant noise from other rooms, especially the loud noise of doors slamming when people can into and out of their rooms. "Non-slamming" doors have been put into many Marriott properties, but not this one. So if you're lucky enough to get considerate neighbors who close their door gently, you'll like this property. But, if you get loud neighbors who come and go every 5 minutes and slam the door in the process, it can be highly annoying (this was my experience). Overall, my stay was neither good nor bad. For the price, it isn't a bad place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank MBRTraveler
Alana B, Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Brentwood, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Hello MBRTraveler,

Thank you for submitting your review. I apologize for the maintenance issues that you found in the room. We are addressing those items promptly. We also apologize for the neighbors disturbing you. We are glad to hear that you found our staff to be nice and welcoming. We hope to see you again if your travel needs bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I usually don't review so soon, but I literally JUST left this hotel and checked in the Courtyard down the street. My husband, 9 month old baby and I are on our first "family vacation" to Florida from Cleveland and decided to spend the night instead of straight through. At first arrival at Residence Inn, we were overpowered by a strong odor in our room. It smelled like strong curry. We immediately asked to be switched so we could be more comfortable and find a room with a less powerful smell.

The next room seemed ok until we hauled all of our stuff and began unpacking. At first glance you might think it's big and it has granite, must be nice. We had to hurry and feed a screaming and overtired baby while hurry to feed ourselves in the midst of unpacking. While we noticed a ton of bugs outside the entrance to the unit at the exterior light, it didn't seem like a problem. But while rushing around eating chick fil a and setting up our pack n play we noticed ants on the counter. I noticed crumbs and dirt on the floor and still tried to not make a big deal and stay calm, even after we found another weird bug crawling on the floor. Then I started getting scared, and went to turn down the beds... and I screamed!!! There was a huge fast spider under the pillow. Great, now i can see how people eat spiders in their sleep. Other things we noticed:
1. Ceiling fan doesn't seem to work properly
2. Leak in ceiling
3. Kitchen faucet would practically come out of the counter every time you turned it on
4. Hair in both beds
5. More bugs in sink in bathroom
6. Cheerios (not ours) on the floor by the bed
7. Dirty. Dirty walls, dirty floors. eeck!

At this point our gut feeling was we could not sleep here nor let our baby sleep a few inches off the floor in her pack and play. While the front desk was nice about switching our first room, the next time we explained we couldn't switch rooms and said we would need to change hotels. We were pretty upset since our baby desperately needed sleep and we just hauled everything to the second floor, plus we had no idea where we would go or if we should just drive through the night to our destination in Florida (7 hours). While the front desk suggested options we ultimately called Marriott Reservations/Rewards and explained the situation and they took care of it immediately and booked us our new room at the Courtyard down the street. (The Courtyard so far seems much much better/cleaner. While the room is smaller, it is much more worth it to us to have clean vs bigger) While we have stayed at many many Marriott hotels and usually have good experiences, this was the worst.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ClevelandBumpkin
DMattson, General Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Brentwood, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

ClevelandBumpkin,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me. I want to extend my apologies for the issues you and your family experienced at the Brentwood Residence Inn. We take a lot of pride in ensuring the cleanliness of our guest rooms and we failed to meet your and our expectations. Please know that we are sharing this with all of staff so that this does not happen to any of our future guests.
David Mattson

Reviewed 1 May 2014

SO many reasons...
I felt at home. The staff, every single member including Jeff late at night was extremely helpful and I felt so safe. I stayed for a month in a suite and I was sooo pleased. I looked forward to come "home" every night and wake up. I am not from Tenn. and I was even offered shelter to stay in the lobby during the storm becuase of Tornado warnings. I was even offered an umbrella multiple times, my favorite stack was stocked in the shelves. Genuine hospitality and I was very pleased. Not to mention the room was beautiful!! The kitchenette, dining table, work station, bathroom, and laundry facilities :) Breakfast was available and when I missed it the staff supplied me with fruit, oatmeal or anything else the could put together for me. I always felt safe and taken care of.
Awww I am checking out next week and wish I could take them all with me!

Room Tip: I stayed in 1323 past the pools in a quiet section ;)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Amanda K

Amanda K,

Thank you for reviewing our Hotel and for recognizing our staff. We have a amazing team that practices "southern hospitalty" every day. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to everyone. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Music City!

David Mattson

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We recently used this hotel as our base location during our trip to Nashville. As others have noted, it is in an office complex, but is convenient to many restaurants in the area as well as to Downtown Nashville. This Residence Inn has a more non-traditional layout, as the rooms are situated in multiple buildings, similar to an apartment complex. The rooms themselves were nice. The only downside was that the doors in the two-bedroom are simply french doors with curtains,which do not offer much privacy. We have stayed in other Residence Inns and have never experienced this before. The staff was very helpful and the breakfast was on-par with other Residence Inns. The beds were also comfortable. All in all a nice stay.

Room Tip: Be aware of the lack of privacy with a two-bedroom.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Alana B, Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Brentwood, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Hello Chicagomember,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are set up differently that the traditional hotel by offering outside entrances. We try to be a "home away from home" for our guests. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

This is a nice hotel in a great area, very quiet and picturesque. Close to several restaurants and shopping. I've stayed at multiple hotels in the Nashville area and this is my new favorite hotel. Spring of the year it's covered in flowering trees. A very nice touch.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Alana B, Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Brentwood, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Hello Robert H,

We are very pleased that you enjoyed the Hotel! Thank you for submitting the review. We hope you come visit us again. The spring weather is getting even nicer and the outdoor pool will be open soon!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

My mother, myself, and my little dog stayed at this hotel for almost four weeks due to a sewer problem in my home. They were wonderfully accommodating, allowing us to continue to extend our stay over and over again as the insurance companies battled about my house. While I agree with the other reviews about the loudness of upstairs guests walking around, that can happen anywhere. What I was most impressed with was the housekeeping staff, Patricia especially. Everyone was very nice to my dog when they came in and since I am battling cancer they were very respectful in allowing me to call when I felt able to being up for a bit and that's when they would come and clean and change sheets. I am thankful to this residence inn and would recommend them to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2014
Alana B, Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Brentwood, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Mbroberts77,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our review. We are delighted that your stay with us was enjoyable, especially during this stressfull time for you. We aim to provide the accomodations just as you expect at your own home. We are also happy to hear that Patricia impressed you. We will pass on the compliment. We hope to see you again if your travel needs bring you back to the area.