“Excellent option for Brentwood visits”

Candlewood Suites Nashville Brentwood
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Brentwood
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed at the Candlewood Suites for the first time and I was not disappointed. I found it to be a much better option than the Mainstay Suites, where I had stayed before. The room was clean, and although pets are allowed in the hotel, there was no pet smell in the room. I'm a pet person so it wouldn't have bothered me, but if you're affected by pet odors, you probably will not have anything to worry about.

The workout room was actually a little larger than I expected for a hotel in this category, and the equipment was in good shape. The unexpected plus was the DVD lending library at the front desk. It was nice to be able to grab a DVD and play it when there was nothing good on TV. However, there was no remote for the DVD player so there was no option to watch half of the movie and then watch the rest when I returned from dinner (no way to fast forward to the spot I had paused the movie before dinner).

All in all, the value was good, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the front desk staff was extremely friendly and the DVD library was a plus.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lee Z
gil_pollard, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Nashville Brentwood, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

GREAT reading the comments of your review, and we thank you so, SO much for taking the time to share!! We trust you will soon give us the opportunity to again serve you as our guest!!
The pleasure, I assure you, is our own!!! Thank you again!!

There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Nashville Brentwood

Reviewed 27 May 2014

If you book at Candlewood, you can expect everything to be average and if that is your expectation you will not be disappointed in your stay at Brentwood Candlewood.

Nice room, no room service...

Excellent location but I was shocked at how heavy the traffic was, particularly about 4:30 - 6 because this hotel is in a high business section and everyone gets out at the same time.

Jim

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Had to change rooms once - the first room smelled like smoke. Pretty nice area to stay in. Room was comfortable and clean. Full kitchen is a plus. Work out room seems well equipped. It is an extended stay hotel, so there is that element of folks that live there, but overall it was a nice one night stay. Staff was very alert and helpful - seemed like they could have used more help when I checked in, around 5 PM.. parking is adequate. noise level during my stay was minimal. Price was decent for Brentwood, and there are plenty of nice places to eat near the area, if you have a vehicle. I would recommend it for a business stay in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I have stayed here before and always find the staff very helpful, the rooms are a good size with everything you need for a comfortable stay. The fitness room is small but adequate. The Bed was very comfortable so slept great all three nights I was there. Plenty of nice places to eat within walking distance if you don't want to use your car. I always use this hotel as my base to visit Nashville (10 minutes by car) and the surrounding area and it is one of the lowest rates for a hotel of this quality I have found in the area. I will sure be back again next year.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Yorkie1948
Reviewed 22 February 2014

My one night stay here was fine. Front desk staff was friendly, and the room was quiet, with nice furnishings. My only complaint is the kitchen trash had not been emptied and there were hairs in the bathroom sink.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank sarita08
David B, Manager at Candlewood Suites Nashville Brentwood, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Thank you for the kind words....but apparently we missed the mark with our housekeeping staff. I do apologize for that as I am sure it negatively affected your opinion of our property. We have consulted the housekeepers as a reminder - please come back and try us again when your travels bring you back to Nashville.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

The room we had was wonderful. Good bed, great pillows, kitchen with basics. A dishwasher too (even if it was old)! It seemed like it had been updated recently. This is great for gluten free people who can't eat out just anywhere. We fixed our dinner and breakfast. No pool that I saw. Clean place. The staff was friendly and helpful. The main halls could use an update or freshen up but who cares, the price is right and the room is where I spend my time. Quite area. And a Publix near by for food items.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room with a newer fridge. The older ones put out alot of heat and noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank tm m
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Stayed here week of Jan.6. for business. Was initially impressed with the crispness and cleannest of my suite. Also love the kitchen and the furnishings. Two things didn't impress: (1)
the last two days there were elevator repairs which, on Friday, required me to get my luggage down three flights of stairs since the elevator was not available. Extremely annoying. (2) Frankly, the TV cable lineup is very weak, why is there a need for 5 ESPN type channels and 5 news channels? You can't watch more than one at a time.
This Candlewoods hotel is not as good as the others I've stayed at. But, I guess that's what you get for the price.
Also, as a platinum ICG member, the gift bag received at checkin is better and larger.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
David B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Nashville Brentwood, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I do apologize that we did have elevator problems the night of your stay that were out of our control; but do know we take all issues like this very seriously as we had our elevator repair company on site as soon as we possibly could to repair the issue with lift. Regarding the TV lineup, we base our channel selection on feedback from guests and focus groups within our Candlewood Brand Team. We will be passing your comments on to them for consideration. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Nashville and Brentwood.