“I miss my favorite shirt!”

Candlewood Suites Nashville Brentwood
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Brentwood
Louisville, Kentucky
“I miss my favorite shirt!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My 12 year old daughter and I were in town for a swim meet. The hotel is in a nice area so we felt safe. The accommodations were adequate. I was told not to expect housekeeping during our 3 night stay.
About 2 weeks after our trip to Nashville, I began searching for a shirt that I wore that weekend. Long story short, my daughter and I are missing a total of 4 shirts, 2 pair of shorts, a swimsuit and a bath robe. The one thing these items have in common? We wore them the weekend we were in Nashville and they did not return home with us.
I always put our dirty clothes in a bag separate from our suitcases each night so I can minimize the likelihood of stray clothing behind doors or under furniture. Prior to checkout, I searched our room thoroughly to ensure we had left no personal belongings behind. Of course, I have no proof that someone took them, but clothes don't just walk out of a locked hotel room. I AM, HOWEVER, STRONGLY SUSPICIOUS OF THE STAFF AT THIS HOTEL WHO HAD ACCESS TO MY LOCKED HOTEL ROOM!!!
The great room rate that I received doesn't seem all that "great" now that I factor in the costs associated with replacing our personal property. I will not be staying here again.

1 Thank mspierce
gil_pollard, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Nashville Brentwood, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Mrs. Pierce, we do thank you for taking the time to post your comments as they are very important to us. Our General Manager has requested that I encourage you to contact him directly in order that he may discuss these accusations so that he may be more able to address them with our staff. David Bixby may be reached at (615) 309-0600 x 415 or, if your prefer, david.bixby@ihg.com
via e-mail. Thank you again for your response, and I do encourage you to reach out to David as soon as you are able. Thank you, Mrs. Pierce.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Normal, Illinois
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed using IHG reward points (10,000/night) which was great deal. extended stay hotel which was very clean and roomy. First time at Candlewood. Entrance was unique, not typical lobby, more like a super 8. does have DVD/VHS library for guests, fitness room and a small food area to pickup snacks, beverages, etc. very quiet room, window overlooked grassy open area. single bed was a queen which was very comfortable. unfortunately, for us, we had to drive out of very safe white collar business park setting to find a place to eat on sunday night, caters to local businesses during work days. clerk was very nice and smiled when greeting you. our room had a separate bedroom, 2 tvs in suite, couch with a lot of stains in living room area. bathroom seemed spacious.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 1Steelers1
gil_pollard, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Nashville Brentwood, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for our comments; much appreciated! We are confident that you had no difficulty in finding great dining options nearby, as we are indeed surrounded by many great ones! It was wonderful having you as our guest, and we look forward to a return in the not too distant future!! Kind regards...
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This hotel was extremely clean and was perfect for our overnight in Nashville. We had a one bedroom suite with a full kitchen which was great since we had a full cooler coming back from Florida. We had plenty of space and the beds were comfortable.

Room Tip: We had a handicap room which I would not choose as everything is lowered including the shower, sink...
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Even on a budget; stay elsewhere. This hotel allows pets and there are people who seem to be living here all of the time. Since this hotel only cleans your room once a week; they tend to be behind the ball when it comes to dirty rooms; stained furniture and bugs. I have had bed-bugs and flea bites; the kitchen is in piss-poor condition. Maybe if they cleaned the rooms a few trims a week and replaced the furniture from time to time, this would not be a problem.

Room Tip: Top Floor - if you are on the lower floors you will hear everything in the room above you.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank TWGeorge
gil_pollard, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Nashville Brentwood, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Mr. George, our General Manager, David Bixby, has reached out to you via "Private Message" for an opportunity to discuss your expressed concerns with our hotel, and I encourage you to follow up with him, as requested. He can be reached at david.bixby@ihg.com, or 615-309-0600x415

Thanking you in advance, sir...

Gil Pollard
Director of Sales
Cleveland, OH
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The suites are beautiful, considerably spacious and accommodating. The staff is very professional and courteous with a smile.
My only suggestion is that when you book the reservation online, make sure that the suite that you reserve has the number of beds for the number of people that will be traveling/lodging with you. The sleeper sofa is NOT comfortable and that was my oversight when booking the room. **BUYER BEWARE** sleeper sofa NOT the way to go, even for children, mattress is rough and tough.
Overall, the property is in a great location and just right when you are going to be traveling more that two or three days and will require access to laundry facilities, a place you can return to after a long day out sight seeing and you need a fridge, microwave, etc.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is in a great quite location with easy access to shopping and the highways. You can walk to many locations in a very safe area. The hotel is nice and clean with good customer service. If you can get an odd number room they face the back of the hotel and have a great view.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed at the Candlewood Suites for the first time and I was not disappointed. I found it to be a much better option than the Mainstay Suites, where I had stayed before. The room was clean, and although pets are allowed in the hotel, there was no pet smell in the room. I'm a pet person so it wouldn't have bothered me, but if you're affected by pet odors, you probably will not have anything to worry about.

The workout room was actually a little larger than I expected for a hotel in this category, and the equipment was in good shape. The unexpected plus was the DVD lending library at the front desk. It was nice to be able to grab a DVD and play it when there was nothing good on TV. However, there was no remote for the DVD player so there was no option to watch half of the movie and then watch the rest when I returned from dinner (no way to fast forward to the spot I had paused the movie before dinner).

All in all, the value was good, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the front desk staff was extremely friendly and the DVD library was a plus.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lee Z
gil_pollard, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Nashville Brentwood, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
GREAT reading the comments of your review, and we thank you so, SO much for taking the time to share!! We trust you will soon give us the opportunity to again serve you as our guest!!
The pleasure, I assure you, is our own!!! Thank you again!!