“A Disaster”

Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Brentwood
Mount Washington, Kentucky
“A Disaster”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Night 1: Ordered dessert through room service and the cake was so hard, a fork wouldn't penetrate it. We had to call and have them send a new one.
2:30 a.m. We were awakened by the couple in the adjoining room who had just made it in for the night. They began making sounds that only the likes of an adult movie could compare. Called the front desk and they said they would send someone up. Fifteen minutes pass, no one comes, adult movie continues. I called the front desk multiple times thereafter to which no one answered. I got dressed, went downstairs to the desk where I found the employee on his cell phone (reason for not answering my call, a.k.a. Doing his job). He called security and sent them up to the room. In spite of this, the couple continued in their shenanigans for another hour.
Day 2: we were informed that only one of us could get a continental breakfast with the room we had purchased- we left and ate at The Pancake Pantry.
Day 3: I accidentally left my expensive running shoes in our room when we left. I called the very next day to report them missing. Called three times and left messages. No call back. Called the next day, begged for someone to call back, again had to leave a message. Finally, a hotel employee called me and said they hadn't seen my shoes. The only possible place they could have been was in that room.
Do NOT stay here!!! Just because it looks high end does not mean the service will also be. Quite a disappointment!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mrs_ChristieW
Dnorman0301, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Nashville-Brentwood, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
I am so sorry to hear of your poor experience with us. As one can see by our hotel rating, such an experience is most unusual. It would be my pleasure to speak with you personally regarding your concerns as I regret you had such an atypical experience at our hotel. Please eel free to telephone me at 615-630-7510 so that I can better assist you. I look forward to hearing from you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Wilton, Iowa
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

This review is about the Edge restaurant inside the Sheraton Four Points. Eclectic atmosphere where it is set up for live entertainment, but there seldom is, nor would the staff be ready for the crowd if they had it!!
The food is very good and your portions are large! Wine list is not good and needs an update! But service is where they fall short. The bartender and server like to disappear for long periods of time. I had to report to front desk in order to even find them!! They lost customers over it and if this happens nightly, I'm scared for their profitability!! I think they rely on hotel stays and the Edge stays on the edge of being open!!

Good mention: pecan crusted goat cheese appetizer

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Iowalacey999
Please accept my apology for the service received in the Edge. I know you have spoken to John, our F&B manager, relative to your concerns, and I am glad he was able to remedy the matter to your satisfaction. As one can read from previous reviews, such an experience is very unlike the typical Edge experience. I assure you the matters have been discussed at length and actins taken to correct such a mishap in service. Thank you again, and I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future. If such is the case, please ask for me so I may personally welcome you back.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We all know that a Four points cannot beat a Sheraton or a Westin or a W in terms of quality offered. However, service at this property is beyond good. with great minds like Madison Tuck, Armani and the bar waitress Karen Gilley. They take care of all your needs with a lot of energy and a good heart. Very nice property. Strongly recommend staying here if you are in Nashville. John the food and beverage director is exceptional.
These people here are much better then people like TESS at the sheraton music city. Do not stay there till such front desk rude staff is around.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor. Corner is pretty quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kothari-NY
I appreciate you recognizing many of our associates that care a great deal for our guests and the overall guest experience. People truly do make a difference and our hotel is blessed to have so many associates with a genuine care for our guests. I will be sure each see their name up ion lights.
San Luis Obispo, CA
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

I can't remember if we have stayed in a Sheraton before, so maybe this is just par for the course. The hotel was clean and nicely decorated, but the staff was lacking. They were friendly and as helpful as they could be, but there were obviously not enough employees to handle the work load. The same 2 front desk employees were having to handle maintenance and housekeeping issues (the poor guy was having to deliver irons and blankets to the 8th floor and then run back down to check-in). At 6pm, we returned to our room to find that they still had not cleaned. When I called down to ask of this was normal, they said they were still working on cleaning all the rooms. They never did clean it.

The bar/restaurant was worse. The first night, a Friday night, we went to watch the basketball game on TV. It was 10:40pm and they told us they were closing up. The bartender said she didn't feel like staying up late! What? The next evening, we went in to get a burger and drinks. It took 45 minutes to get our burger. I honestly think they forgot about us because it was cold when we finally got it.

I don't blame the employees so much as I do the management. This is a poorly run hotel.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank tuktuktravel
Dnorman0301, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Nashville-Brentwood, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
As general manager of this hotel I have the responsibility to ensure adequate staffing is present and alert to service our guests. We recently had a few staffing issues that have since been rectified. Although when such happens our associates work diligently to service our guests needs, it is not fair to the associates or the guests when staffing levels make this effort so challenging. Please accept my apology for the error and be assured such isn't typical of our hotel. I would appreciate having you back wit us so that e can have you leave with a much better impression. Please contact me directly if such is the case, so I can personally handle your reservation needs.
Grand Bend, Canada
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This a clean modern looking hotel with a good sized room. Because Nashville has such a great road system, the location is great. There are expressways leading to downtown and the major attractions, such as the Grand Ole Oprey in 15 Minutes. Parking is free and the hotel is right off the freeway and adjacent to a number of restaurants. The Wi-Fi is free and easy to connect to. It would be nice to have a small fridge in the room. We are on the road a far bit, so we missed the complimentary breakfast although it is available in the restaurant for a price even a complimentary coffee would be great.

Room Tip: The corner suite if available is great.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
I appreciate your feedback. I can see how a small refrigerator would be of benefit to a guest, and although we do provide such on request, we are looking into having such in all our rooms in the near future. As a Four Points we do offer complimentary coffee each morning from 6am - 10am, and I regret if such was not available at the time you wished. if you are with us again and need a cup of joe after the complimentary coffee service, just let us know. We be more than happy to grab you a quick cup!
Amarillo
Reviewed 17 March 2014

With the exception of the part-time help in the lobby in the mornings, (sorry - forgot her name but she plays a fiddle for her other job and she was very friendly and helpful) the service was very sub-par. We informed the hotel that we would be arriving late. Indeed we did - at around 11 pm. It was obvious that the girl who checked us in was much more interested in getting herself clocked out that she was in getting us checked in. In fact, as she filled in her time card right in front of us, she wrote down our room number wrong and sent us to a room that was occupied! So after 14 hours of driving and a trip with luggage up to the 6th floor AND the discovery that our 2nd room had evidence that someone had been in the room, I go back to the front desk only to have the same girl tell me that "she'll have to help you" and pointing to her left while she continued her clock-out procedure. The second girl just shook her head, re-programmed keys for us and sent us to the second floor to a new room.

Rooms were OK except for the fact that we thought we'd be staying in a much newer hotel. It did offer us free bottled water in room and rooms were clean but again definitely not new.

Room Tip: For $149 + taxes per night, save your money and stay at the Best Western just a block or two from he...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rusty1020
Service is critical to the guest experience, and we clearly dropped the ball while you were with us. Our goal is to recruit and employ associates with a genuine care for the guest. It is not acceptable to have an associate provide indifferent service to a guest. and your experience will be reviewed with each associate on our desk team. As we have come out of the slower winter season, we are staffing accordingly but should have ensured we met this goal prior to the new year influx of travel. I do apologize for our errors and hope you will try us again when in our area.
Dover, Delaware
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for business. Usually it is good. This time, there seemed to be glitches, from the room not ready, to bugs, to forgetting my breakfast room service to no taxi when promised.

The manager really tried. He physically drove me to the airport which I really appreciated or I would have missed my flight. The restaurant manager did everything in her power to make things right with the room service problem. The front desk though needs work.

All in all, i am not sure I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lisa B
As we discussed on the drive to the airport, I regret that the ladybugs in the room were an issue. These little critters as well as the taxi that we called and reserved for your departure that was a no show certainly hampered your stay with us, and I can understand your level of frustration. I am glad that Lisa in the Edge provided you assistance and alerted me to the taxi concern the morning of your departure. Please do call or drop me a note on a return speaking engagement in Nashville. I would love the opportunity to welcome you back.