“Nice play to stay, But...”

Courtyard Nashville Brentwood
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Brentwood
“Nice play to stay, But...”
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

This is a nice hotel and it's location just off I65 is premier. The lobby is beautiful and the room was as well. There was some hallway noise but it was minimal. Checking in and out was quick and painless, which is what we have come to expect from Marriott Hotels. The only issue we found is that this location advertises free breakfast. However, they do not provide a free breakfast. Over all I would rate our stay an 8 out of 10.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank CWat1260

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Nvery nice facility and staff was friendly. Room was clean and adequate. The billing was a mess. Was chafgef $99 three nights and $161 for the fourth night. She claimed it was a rate set by AAA on the day. This was after the bill had to be redone once because she billed one of the three nights at $119.
Prices for items from food area were overpriced and the Starbucks was always filled only half way. At over $4 per it seemed a little much. Hours to get food were restrictive and convenient only to the hotel.
No handicap friendly.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 27 November 2013

If you aren't going to stay downtown my first preference is to stay in the Vanderbilt area. The
Rices were much better in Brentwood so we stayed here. It is just 15 minutes from Vanderbilt and the same to Franklin and the Natchez trace area where we spent some time. The staff was friendly and the workout room better than some. They must have gotten a couple of new machines since past reviews. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Binghamton, New York
Reviewed 13 November 2013

After looking at reviews on the internet we felt this was a good option for visiting Nashville without paying the prices to stay 'downtown'. Next time, we'll splurge and just stay downtown. Ironically, another person that gave this location a poor review on the Marriott Rewards Insiders website (which I found AFTER our visit) stayed in the room directly under ours - Room 359 - and they too had problems with BUGS. We were there for four nights and we killed a bug for each of the nights we stayed there. Housekeeping was shoddy at best, non-existent at worse. Yes, one day when we came back to the hotel our room in fact had not been serviced. That is one of the perks of staying at a hotel, isn't it? When I went to the front desk to report that our room had not been serviced, the first question the clerk there asked me was "Did you leave your do not disturb sign out" So, apparently, beyond poor housekeeping, they take an approach at this location that they are always right and it must be the fault of the customer if something goes wrong. No, in fact, our do not disturb sign was not left out. Furthermore, the day prior when it was left out - the housekeeper ignored it, knocked once on the door, and then proceeded to try and enter the room. The general upkeep and cleanliness of the room was suspect as well (probably with the intermittent housekeeping this location utilizes). The floor in the bathroom actually had what appeared to be cobwebs along the floor in one corner (easily remedied with this thing called a mop), the tub was poorly cleaned, and the carpet could have used a good vacuuming as well (all of which may take care of the bug issue in this room). This location epitomizes the saying "you get what you pay for", and no matter how inexpensive a location is compared to others in the area no one should have to deal with BUGS or shoddy housekeeping when the Marriott name is on the outside.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Sugarcreek, Ohio
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed one night at Courtyard Marriot at Brentwood in September 2013. I was in town for Jon Acuff's START Conference. I arrived in the morning after driving 500 miles. Normal check in is in the afternoon, but the manager, Scott Faircloth gave me a room in short order and I was set.

This was my first visit at Marriott.

The most impressive factor of this experience was how EVERYONE at the front gave a royal treatment and professional greetings and genuine helpfulness. It seemed like I was staying at a resort, for how loving and genuine this team was. I believe the high standard is set by Manager Scott Faircloth. He had time. He was present. He was genuine. Others at the front were Biorn and Ashley. Both genuine and so hospitable! I spoke to Heiba, the lady who gets the rooms in tip top shape... also friendly.

I have visited places where people were friendly, but this place had the genuine service, hospitality, and love integrated into the very fiber of their existence. Thanks Marriott Brentwood. I hope to see you again!

Room Tip: One tip: I am not just being kind and optimistic about the place. My business is marketing and commu...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine
Reviewed 30 October 2013

As I walked through the door, the staff warmly greeted me, even though it was a busy period. They allowed me to check in even though I was early. The room was clean and smelled wonderful. I needed to print off some documents and the business center was able to accommodate my need.
The lobby was quite noisy in the evening with a group of people having an informal meeting, but other than that it was quiet. The only thing that frustrated me was that the pool was already closed even though the temps were in the 80's.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Scott F, General Manager at Courtyard Nashville Brentwood, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear JRinDonetsk,
We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your stay in September and thank your for taking your time to give us a great review. Also, thank you for the feedback about our swimming pool. We will revisit our closure dates for the future to make this more accomodating.

Scott Faircloth
Sautee Nacoochee, Georgia
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Recently stayed two nights with wife and friends at this Courtyard; very nice service, very clean and very modern; definitely would stay here again; easy to get in and out of; O'Charleys restaurant across the street;

Starbucks coffee served in the lobby at a very inexpensive price, something like $2.20 for a grande; enjoyed that;

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Frank S,
Thank you very much for staying with us and your fantastic review. Please let me know the next time you come to Nashville. I want to ensure that your next stay is just as great.

Warm regards,