“I Wish I Had Slept on the Floor” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Brentwood B&B

The Brentwood B&B
Ranked #1 of 2 Brentwood B&B and Inns
Nashville, TN
“I Wish I Had Slept on the Floor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

My wife and I spent one night in the Nashville room some time back. I had just finished a rigorous few months studying for some professional examinations, and we wanted a night off. We knew it wasn't the inn's top-shelf room, but we figured that there would be a soft bed and a fantastic breakfast that we didn't have to fix ourselves.

Well, we were wrong.

Never, in all of my days, have I slept on a more uncomfortable bed than the one I endured that night in this inn. I've slept on hide-a-beds, dorm beds, fifty-year-old mattresses, airport benches, and in summer-camp bungalows. None were as hard, as unforgiving, and as downright uncomfortable as the thing in that room masquerading as a bed. If my wife slept at all, she had forgotten about it in the morning.

Breakfast---the other half of what a bed and breakfast is all about---was better, but only marginally. We knew things were off to an inauspicious start when we came down and the landlady turned on Frank Sinatra. I like Sinatra. But as the pleasant vacationing woman at the table with us observed, one turns on Ol' Blue Eyes about the time one picks up the day's first martini, not the day's first cup of coffee. The food itself was thoroughly forgettable: fruit, something with eggs so unremarkable I can't recall it now, and cereal from a box. I eat better than that every morning in my own house.

Otherwise, the stay was simply unremarkable one way or the other. The room was clean, if a tad tired. The landlady was polite, albeit not overwhelmingly pleasant. The linens were passable, but not luxurious. The room had a small tv and vcr, but no dvd player; we discovered that the house copy of "Back to the Future" had been taped off the television, circa 1996. Having commercial breaks in a video was nostalgic and fun, in a way one doesn't at all expect in a room in which one actually paid to stay. None of that's the sort of thing to make one foam at the mouth and call the local authorities. But they're also not the sort of thing that make me want to hand out glowing reviews and recommend the establishment to people. And the bed makes me firmly---no pun intended---resolved never again to darken the place's door.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank TravelFromTennessee
Brentwoodbb, Owner at The Brentwood B&B, responded to this review, 3 September 2011
I am sorry to hear about all of your dislikes a year after you stayed with us. If I had know your concerns, I would have tried to correct what you disliked. We try to please everyone when they walk through our doors. I cannot tell you how many people have asked me if they could take that particular mattress home, so I am upset when you say you did not sleep well. I have to laugh about the one VCR movie that you pulled out of the bookcase that was taped off of the TV. As you probably noticed, we have over 100 movies, all in their store bought cases, except for that one Back to the Future movie. It's one of my favorites and I did not own it, so when it came on the TV, I popped in a tape and you ended up watching it! We don't have any DVD players as we have a VCR library and you can't play a DVD on a VCR.
Some breakfasts are not to everyone's liking and we don't expect everyone to like everything.
We try to place many items on the plates and with a 3 course meal, there is surely something there that people will like. Again, I am sorry that you did not have a nice time and that you find what you are looking for at one of the other fine B&B's in the area.
Thank you. Lisa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Alexandria, VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2010

Lovely room...nice/quiet location...nice 'mountain' views. our room was spacious and clean (although guests have been pretty hard on the chaise lounge in the room) and allowed a relaxing evening and good sleep. Room descriptions and photos on web-site are current and accurate.
Owner is helpful enough...we were surprised to hear her talking to another couple and when asked if she enjoyed running the B&B she said 'no' but it beats going to work everyday...we found that a bit odd to say to a guest, but at least she is very honest (allbeit a bit blunt)
Would be nice if temps could be controlled in each room.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TLA48
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2010

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in order to visit Nashville. However, we found the town of Franklin (a short drive from the Brentwood) to be much more appealing and spent most of our time looking around there. This B & B was excellent. The room was very clean and comfortable. We slept really well and enjoyed a great home cooked breakfast. The property is situated on a huge allotment which gives it a rural feel. The common areas of the house were very stylish and included a great coffee machine and complimentary snacks. Of all the places we visited we thought that Tennessee was the most beautiful. We would stay here again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mchnurse
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2010

We were lucky enough to spend 4 nights at The Brentwood B&B for a girl's getaway weekend. The hosts Lisa & Bud are wonderful - inviting and accomodating, but not obtrusive in any way. The house and grounds were immaculate and the Arrington Suite was both beautiful and comfortable. We enjoyed the 3-course breakfasts each morning that varied daily, as well as getting to spend time in conversations with the other guests. Lisa ensured everyone was introduced and encouraged everyone to get to know each other. The rocking chairs on the front porch invite you to sit down and relax to unwind and enjoy a peaceful morning. This is the perfect spot for convenience to Franklin, Belle Meade, and Nashville. You can't go wrong when you choose to stay at The Brentwood.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2010

I travel to Brentwood each week for business and had grown tired of not being able to sleep in some of the local hotel properties where folks seem to come and go at all hours. I absolutely love the Brentwood B&B, the accommodations and the inn-owners. I actually look forward to my weekly business travel and my stays at the B&B; it's the next best thing to being in the comfort of my own home. Thanks for having such a terrific and beautiful property.
KJohnson
August 2010

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Goodlettsville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2010

I highly recommend statying at Brentwood B & B. My husband and I rarley have a night to stay away from the kids. It was the weekend of his birthday so we decide to stay out but in town. We weren't able to travel more than 30 or 45 minutes due to previous engagments the next morning. We checked into the B & B, Lisa was very friendly and accomindating, everything was clean and inviting. Couldn't have chosen a better place to spend the evening with the one I love. The bed was extra soft and comfy, slept great. Breakfast was phemonial. Thanks Lisa, we plan to return.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Clarksville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2010

We love staying at The Brentwood B&B. Lisa and Bud are wonderful hosts and call you directly by name. Its like coming home; the peace and tranquility that surrounds the inn is an absolute life saver!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheBeamans
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brentwood
Hilton Brentwood/Nashville Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Brentwood
Four Points by Sheraton Nashville-Brentwood
Hampton Inn Bellevue / Nashville-I-40-West
Baymont Inn & Suites Nashville/Brentwood
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cool Springs

Been to The Brentwood B&B? Share your experiences!