“Already going down hill”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Michaelangelo's Pizza
Ranked #84 of 144 Restaurants in Brentwood
Cuisines: Pizza
Nashville, Tennessee
“Already going down hill”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Sadly, this restaurant has already gone down hill. I was so impressed with their pizza versus the prior tenant but the last few trips have not been good. My last visit, which may be THE last visit, the manager had left a new guy all by himself to take care of the restaurant. I had called my order in and he did it incorrectly. He was very apologetic and quickly re-made the pizza. I had called it in because I was coming from the grocery store. Now I had groceries melting in the car while waiting for the pizza to cook. Then he had to call the manager on the phone because he didn't know what to charge me. I wanted the carryout special they had painted on the window but he was trying to charge me a different price. Finally we got on the same page and I gave him my debit card but he did not know how to run it. I had to show him how to use the debit card machine. I really wanted to support this business since they give a portion of their proceeds to my children's school but lately it just seems they are in over the heads.

• Visited May 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible Buffet!”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Had the buffet during dinner hour. While there appeared to be enough pizza on the buffet, it was barely warm and only one of them had meat. When Snappy Tomato first opened several years ago, it was excellent. The entire buffet was full of pizza and they would make whatever pizza you wanted. After Snappy Tomato changed management, it went downhill and eventually closed. I predict that Michaelangelo's will be gone within a year. I certainly won't go back.

• Visited August 2013
“Love this pizza”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We have eaten buffet, ordered takeout, and had delivery from this restaurant all with good results. I will say that I had great frustration with their website both times we had them deliver - it has some bugs that needs to be addressed. The buffet is a good deal for us when we are very hungry as it includes pizza, cheesy bread, salad, beverage and dessert pizza. They will make any pizza you want and the last two times we called on our way in and asked them to make what we wanted and it was almost ready when we got there. That worked out perfectly to allow our picky kids to get what they wanted on their pizza and for my husband and me to get something with lots of veggies. My young daughter enjoys their spaghetti but honestly, it does look like something only young people would enjoy. At one point they also had Chinese buffet quality chicken nuggets on the buffet but they weren't offered when we went this past weekend. No loss there for probably anyone over 6 years old. As I read what I have already written it does sound highly critical but I am just being honest. Now for the GOOD points - the pizza is AWESOME. It is fresh, tasty, full of ingredients - not Cici's and certainly not like the former tenant - Snappy Tomato. This pizza is our go to pizza as it is close to us and locally owned and operated. The salad offerings are fresh and the variety is above average - romaine lettuce, spinach, olives, tomatoes, broccoli, 3 cheeses, etc. The bathrooms are super clean and the entire environment is very family friendly.

• Visited May 2013