“Great atmosphere”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery
Los Angeles, California
“Great atmosphere”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Great venue and food. Good prices and great outdoor area.

My only gripe is the staff - the male serving us really didn't want to be there and was acting like he couldn't be bothered waiting our table

Nashville, Tennessee
“above average”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

above average nuevo mexicano cuisine--interesting taco choices, such as Korean BBQ, buffalo chicken--hmm. yeah, maybe that's not exactly mexican--but mexican inspired fusion tacos and other usual suspects. whatever, it works. friendly service. good vibe. prices at gourmet taco prices (plates with two or three tacos and a side or two will run $10-$12, but there's a lot of food on the plate). vegetarian friendly--enormous veggie plate for about $10 with beans, rice, grilled veggies, cheese, that I sometimes get and I'm not a vegetarian. adult bevs at reasonable prices.

Nashville, Tennessee
“Rude Staff, No Customer Service”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This place was listed as dog-friendly in a local Nashville article. Knowing there was more than one location, I called this one to be sure their policy was the same and was assured that, yes, dogs are welcome (on the patio).

When my friend and I arrived with a dog each, I sent my daughter in to ask for a table. Through the window I could see them looking us over and she later told me that someone in the back said to tell us that they were closed. We were seated, however. The host opened a gate to let us on the patio and greeted us coldly.

When our waiter arrived, he asked if we would be ordering food and told us they closed at 10:00. It was 9:20. There were three other tables being served and people inside so we were far from being the only people there. He suggested we hurry with our order. Towards the end of our meal, he came by to let us know it was "last call" for drinks. I have never heard this in a restaurant before. A bar at 2 a.m.? Sure. Not a dining establishment at 9:45.

The food was just okay. Not bad, but not great. I had two tacos and my tortillas were dry. Sort of like they'd been sitting out all day. The meat in my Korean taco was also a bit tough. The beet salad was unusual and tasty but not worth the entire meal.

When our check came, our waiter waited for us to pay so he could close out our checks rather than leaving them and coming back for them. I debated, but in the end I couldn't leave a tip for such poor and, quite frankly, rude service.

Incidentally, we were out of there by 10:00 while there were still two other tables on the patio and people inside at the bar.

There are plenty of restaurants in town more deserving of my business.

Athens, Alabama
“Unusual Gourmet Food, One Of A Kind”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Our first trip here, we were bowled over with the choices and our meals. We both ordered tacos from the regular menu (brunch was offered as this was a weekend). which came with our choice of two sides each. She had the portabella & a Korean BBQ tacos, mine were steak and a Buffalo chicken. She loved hers as did I, I would choose the steak taco over the other. The sides offered are very unusual and tasty we got the Mexican tots, Tabasco agave greens, the tabasco agave beets and the Cuban corn. All were excellent excepting the tots which were fair. We would definitely go again to try other menu choices. Not cheap though as our tab was just over $27.00 without tip and including only one soft drink.

Brentwood, Tennessee
“Great Atmosphere, Great People, Great Food”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

You would almost miss this little establishment unless you knew where to look, but was advised by a local employee to try it out. The bartending service is top notch, as is the food, friends, and commaraderie; despite all the tequila you'd almost have to fight to make an enemy in this place. Sweet and conservative with a cozy atmosphere; its perfect for a regular night out, just to get away, or to see a few common friends. Awesome patio as well!

• Visited July 2014

Been to Local Taco? Share your experiences!