“Delicious Thai food with wonderful service”
Review of Royal Thai

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 29 April 2014

garden rolls, fried rice, curried chicken, pad thai---all tasty with promt, friendly service. Would definitely recommend!

1  Thank Memphistennisnut

Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

We ate here on a Sunday around noon.We had to wait 50 minutes before our meals were served, lukewarm.The water for my hot tea was far from hot and the restaurant used grocery store (Kroger) green tea bags. At least our waiter was friendly.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

I ordered the royal thai salad, took one bite of the chicken and threw the rest away. the chicken tasted like the 2% chicken at subways. I also had the salmon and vegetables which was average at best

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Thai places are judged on their Pad Thai. This is by far the worst Pad Thai I have had in my life. I tasted a distinct maple syrup flavor. I took a few bites and refused to eat the rest. I have had many varieties and real Pad Thai not knock off Americanized versions and this was by far the grossest.

1  Thank Lee K
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Our GPS told us it was on Franklin Pike, but it's really around the corner on Church Street. Restaurant has a very attractive interior. They were not very busy the night we ate there, but they ended up seating us rather close to another party. We should have asked to move, but, exhausted from a long day of travel, did not do so.

We started with Tom Ka Gai soup, a favorite and one of our benchmarks for Thai restaurants. This was disappointing. It was thick and sweet and creamy, without the strong flavor of galanga and lemongrass and lime that we expected. Our mains--an eggplant dish and a "specialty" announced as 16 oz of grilled salmon--were very uneven. There's no way it was actually a 16 oz piece of salmon. The flavors were pretty good; the range of vegetables offered very limited. i felt like the prices were high relative to the quality.