“Poor customer service”

Shogun Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #111 of 144 Restaurants in Brentwood
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Poor customer service”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The food was good, and service was really poor. My wife is a vegetarian and they offered to make her dish in the back, and ended up cooking hers with the meat next to the veggies. Then they gave her the smallest portion of veggies and she ordered the veggie meal. My sister in law asked for chicks plain with no teriyaki and they still made it with teriyaki. The bills got all messes up too. Again, the food is good but the chef and waiter just gave poor service. If the service gets better we'd back, but for $25/person we expected a lot better service.

• Visited July 2014

“Not bad”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I have been visiting the steakhouse for the past few years. My family enjoys it alot and its fun to watch the fire. Over all the food and atmosphere is good. Service varies at times, one thing I don't about the place

• Visited May 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
“Unbelievably rude and racist chef!!”
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Went there for my mom's birthday dinner with my parents, brother and his wife and children. Food was good but hibachi chef was unbelievably racist and made several inappropriate and unacceptable comments throughout dinner. He stated all black people look like Michael Jackson. Keep in mind I was there with 2 children who are both half black. When my father left to go the restroom he said he looked like Donald Trump. He kept pestering me to catch rice in my mouth that he was throwing at all of us. I HATE that. When I finally gave in to get it over with he said "You like it you swallow, you don't you spit it out, HAHA!!" Really??? In front of my parents and children?? Called and reported it the next day to management but don't think my complaint was taken seriously. Manager said he wopuld send a giftcard to make up for it even though I told him it was unnecessary. Of courrse it never came. I will NEVER go there again or refer it to anyone.

• Visited August 2012
7 Thank Anne S
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great place for big groups”
Reviewed 30 December 2012 via mobile

We went as a group of 9; lots if picky eaters and everyone found something on the menu that they liked! Miracle. And we had fun watching our food being prepared. Kids and adults alike loved it. One or two things to know...it is really loud and if you aren't with a large group you will be seated with others which could be fun (or not).

We enjoyed the sushi and tried between us just about all the things on the menu and loved it all.

Boston, MA
“Average grill (and sushi) place”
Reviewed 4 November 2012

The restaurant has a sushi side with a sushi bar and the grill side with teppanyaki grills where they will cook in front of you. I ordered their grilled shrimp for lunch. It came with salad, soup, white/fried rice, grilled vegetables, and grilled shrimp. The veggies, meat, and fried rice will be cooked in front of you. Food tasted good (average), and the service was reasonably quick. I did not try their sushi.

Visited October 2012