“Great Meal/Wonderful Environment”
Review of Mere Bulles

Mere Bulles
Reserve with OpenTable
Mere Bulles is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 147 Restaurants in Brentwood
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: West Park Dr
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Ten-day road trip, this meal is #1 or #2 of all we enjoyed in six states. This is a beautiful restaurant and the menu is excellent...it is easy to recommend the specials, the sea bass roll and I bet everything is equally good. They host a very nice wine list. Located right in the middle of Brentwood it was easy to find. This is a place to which we would return.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have traveled over 6 Million miles and have eaten out about 200 times per year average.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I would rate Mere Bulles at 15. They are Excellent in every area.

I have had a causal meal or Business Meal there over 200 times.

It is my Favorite Restaurant and I have experienced the Finest Restaurants in the world.

Sam Cooper

1  Thank travellerJ1531QD
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Great restaurant and fabulous food. 1/2 price bottles of wine make it really fine. One of my measures of a good restaurant is the bread - skip it here - yuk. Hostess seated us in the waiter traffic lane while there were plenty of options including outside. Zero personality! David our waiter was on his game!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This past Monday I dined here, expecting a superior meal and service. I was disappointed on both counts. I ordered the wedge salad and the sea bass. The wedge salad was excellant with the two shrimp pieces a nice addition. My disappointment started when I was not quite half finished with my salad and was presented with my entree. 'Looks like they got it out quickly' was the server/bartender's explanation. Here's the deal- I don't eat at restaurants like this to be rushed through my meal. I can get that anywhere at over half the price. I ordered the sea bass which was wrapped in phyllo dough with a seafood stuffing. It is hard to do harm to a nice piece of fish, but this preparation was too much for a fish that is outstanding on it's own. The sauce (which had tomatoes and artichokes) was very good but the kitchen was trying to prove something with this preparation and it just doesn't work. Stick to the basics. Sea bass is an amazingly good fish on it's own that should be served so you can appreciate it's delicate flavor.
I am going back tonight but I will order my entree when I get my salad and not get the sea bass.
More to follow.

1  Thank Ed N
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is my wife's and my favorite restaurant for special occasions, or just a superior meal. The main eating area has nice paintings and very tall ceilings so the atmosphere is better than most upscale restaurants we have tried in the Nashville area. Specifically, my wife and I have tried and enjoyed the Prime Rib, Phyllo Wrapped Sea Bass, Salmon, Scallops, and Shrimp Pignoli Pasta. We highly recommend their fabulous Charleston She Crab Bisque; however, the Tomato and Brie Bruschetta and Stuffed Mushroom Caps appetizers are very good also. For dessert, the Raspberry Sorbet is a large portion sufficient for two to share, if you want something sweet but not too filling. Their home-made carrot cake is my favorite, if I'm too full I usually order it anyway and take home what I can't eat! They have a great wine list and many nights their bottles are half price. If you want something different (but not terribly expensive) in a white wine, we highly recommend their Elk Grove Pino Grigio from Oregon. With Prime Rib we had one of their mid-priced Malbecs that was fabulous (for wines in a restaurant under $40) - sorry I don't remember which one though. Like all American restaurants, if you are looking forward to a two or three hour meal just tell your waiter you are not in a hurry, so please do not turn in your entree order until they clear your appetizer or soup plates - this usually precludes your entree arriving while you are still eating your previous course (my pet peeve, at least in an upscale establishment). We normally make a 7:00 PM reservation and the atmosphere at this time is a bit energetic (as befits any quality and popular restaurant). However, by the time 9:00 PM arrives and we are thinking of dessert half the patrons have left and it is nice and quiet. Don't be afraid to give this restaurant a try if you are looking for a great meal; you won't be disappointed.