“Nice Shoneys”

Add it.
Shoney's
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Great service and good food, great value-need I say more?

Reviewed 23 October 2011

I visited this location right after their big re-opening. Shoney's set out to make a better name for itself. I visited over a month ago and had a great time. Everything was clean. The servers seem to have more of a luster to themselves. I enjoyed the food and the salad bar. I decided to take my girlfriend back tonight and it was the same dirty o'l Shoney's I have always known. The food was gross. The salad bar was gross. The lettuce looked like it had been rotting away in the tray. I asked my server for some fresh lettuce and it took 20 minutes. Shoney's wasn't busy at all. I actually work in the industry. I don't blame the servers or the cooks at Shoney's. I blame the people that own Shoneys for not paying these people enough. The prices are so low and attractive that all the swill of society will show up to take advantage and tip CRAP. Shoney's needs to bump up the server/personnel salary significantly. I don't blame these people for looking worn out and discouraged. They have nothing to get excited about. If you are one of the people reading this review that has a full course dinner for 25 bucks and tips your server 4 or 5 dollars... YOU are part of the problem. So I blame the bigwigs at Shoney's and the lazy swill of society. I won't be back and my heart goes out to the people slaving there days away in this place. I know what you make and put up with. I have a friend that worked there and he still has nightmares.

Reviewed 7 January 2009

My wife, daughters and I met for an unplanned dinner out at Shoney's in Brentwood
a few weeks ago. We had not been to (any) Shoney's in a number of months. We
simply wanted some good food in a relaxed atmosphere. My daughters were pleased
to find that breakfast was available ALL DAY, that settled they ordered pancakes,
bacon, potatoes and scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, toast! My wife & I
each found the Hot bar/Salad bar to be appealing with selections of meat loaf,
pork chops, fried tilapia, fried chicken, vegetables and of course the fresh salads &
fruits. I must say it was good, but I can't go so far as to say it was any better.
Shoney's seems to have struggled over the past few years to be consistent even
at the relative simple things and to some degree that still persists! One observation
last night on the salad bar the chopped ham looked, not so much like ham, and
did not have a fresh apperance. Also, the eggs were frozen, not light and supple
as one could expect. That aside, I skipped the chopped ham pieces and boiled
egg pieces, the salad greens were fresh and crunchy. I found the other salad toppings
& dressings were tasty, I went back for a second plate! The entrees I tried of fried
chicken and the tilapia again were quite good, as were the sides of mashed potatoes,
bow tie pasta in cheese sauce,fried okra & green beans. I would say Shoney's on
this evening met our basic need of good food in a pleasant atmosphere! And our server
was very helpful, kind and made sure that we were content and even took time to ask
who was the most full!?!?! However, I cannot say that I will be inclined to go back
soon, as there are so many highly appealing chioces close by and for a comparable
if not better pricing.

Reviewed 26 August 2008

One of the best Shoney's I've been too! Great service, food and you can't beat the price!! The weekend buffet is amazing...seafood and steak! Plus its right off I-65, so its very easy to get too!!

1  Thank TheAgame