“Closed for Business”

Add it.
Shoney's
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 19 April 2013

This used to be a fairly regular stop after church for the family. We found it to be a great value with good food. Unfortunately it is closed. They tore down the Captiain D's next door and there is construction going on...not sure what the plan is. Prime location. Something will open there. Waitress said owner was a flaming jerk.

Reviewed 29 December 2012

Very friendly waitress. The chicken pot pie had a nice crust and was good comfort food. The salad bar is extra, but an overall good experience

Reviewed 13 April 2012

We like breakfast buffets because one member of our family doesn't like breakfast food - she eats a salad and raw veggies instead, so Shoney's is perfect for us. But recent stops for the breakfast buffet at Shoney's Restaurants have been disappointing - over cooked food, over-ripe fruits, little variety, etc. We were pleasantly surprised when we went to breakfast at the Brentwood, TN, Shoney's located on Old Hickory Blvd near I-65. The buffet was spotlessly clean, the food looked fresh, there was a nice variety and everything tasted good. We travel to the Nashville area frequently and this will be our breakfast restaurant on future visits.

Reviewed 23 December 2011

Great service and good food, great value-need I say more?

Reviewed 23 October 2011

I visited this location right after their big re-opening. Shoney's set out to make a better name for itself. I visited over a month ago and had a great time. Everything was clean. The servers seem to have more of a luster to themselves. I enjoyed the food and the salad bar. I decided to take my girlfriend back tonight and it was the same dirty o'l Shoney's I have always known. The food was gross. The salad bar was gross. The lettuce looked like it had been rotting away in the tray. I asked my server for some fresh lettuce and it took 20 minutes. Shoney's wasn't busy at all. I actually work in the industry. I don't blame the servers or the cooks at Shoney's. I blame the people that own Shoneys for not paying these people enough. The prices are so low and attractive that all the swill of society will show up to take advantage and tip CRAP. Shoney's needs to bump up the server/personnel salary significantly. I don't blame these people for looking worn out and discouraged. They have nothing to get excited about. If you are one of the people reading this review that has a full course dinner for 25 bucks and tips your server 4 or 5 dollars... YOU are part of the problem. So I blame the bigwigs at Shoney's and the lazy swill of society. I won't be back and my heart goes out to the people slaving there days away in this place. I know what you make and put up with. I have a friend that worked there and he still has nightmares.