“Good choice in strip mall with several fast food restaurants”

Hanabi Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #90 of 144 Restaurants in Brentwood
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian, Sushi
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Good choice in strip mall with several fast food restaurants”
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

Hanabi is located within walking distance of some hotels in Brentwood and definitely the top choice in a strip mall with many fast food restaurants. We had dinner there and saw more diners here than in all other restaurants combined. The menu is extensive and offers more than the standard sushi and sashimi items. We enjoyed our meal with Bento Box and á la carte "Tapas style" appetizers. The wait staff was friendly and prompt and the kitchen also worked quickly. Silver ware will be provided upon request and even the uninitiated will find something to their liking.

Visited November 2013

“Always Great Fresh Sushi”
Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

I ate here yesterday as always my sushi was ver good. There are a couple new chefs and the do an excellent job just as they all do. I am always made to feel welcome and they truly seem to appreciate my business. I can't believe the number of people who work in Brentwood that don't know about this gem. They get a bunch of referrals frm me!

• Visited September 2013
Germantown, TN
“Very friendly chef”
Reviewed 25 June 2012

The sushi was just ok, not great. They are not located in a shopping center that was easy to find. Huge menu. Not a lot of people there on a Saturday night. We went there because others rated this place great, us, not so much.

Visited June 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Food - A hidden Gem”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Hanabi has great, fresh, delicious sushi - no more needs to be said. I sat at the sushi bar, and wondered why there wasn't a waiting line out the door. This place needs to be a lot more popular.

Please visit Hanabi - and enjoy the nigiri and maki! I'm sure the other food is fine as well, given the quality of what I had. The staff is excellent as well.

Enjoy!

• Visited March 2012
“Why did I not try this sooner?”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

First off, this is the most friendly wait staff at any restaurant I've ever been to. The wasabi dumplings for an appetizer are fantastic. My husband doesn't eat sushi and he had the beef teriyaki, the vegetables were fresh and well cooked and the miso soup was "the best miso I've ever had". It was really good. Great variety of sushi with some different rolls that aren't at every restaurant. Their menu also clearly marked what is raw or cooked. Prices were good and about average compared to most Japanese restaurants. I can't wait to go back!