“Very nice Suites hotel for small business conferences”

Hilton Brentwood/Nashville Suites
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Brentwood
Montreal, Canada
“Very nice Suites hotel for small business conferences”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Our team spent 4 days on site for some business/training conferences and we were all very well treated. The conference rooms were well maintained and set up per our requirements. Good restaurant and free coffee in the morning in the lobby (could use tea as well though).

Catered lunches were tasty, but food seemed to run out quickly for our team of 37.

Rooms large and comfortable; large inside quad area is similar to Embassy Suites layouts.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
seattle
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Check-in: Fast, acknowledgement of diamond status. No upgrade as I was told this is a “suite” property. Friendly front staff that help with questions about local food and golf.

Room: Nice. Divided suite with 4 areas: living/work space, vanity, bathroom, bedroom. Clean and in good shape. Small bar area with microwave and refrigerator. After unpacking I took a shower and notice the tub was slow to drain (water to ankle level) and then found out the bedroom TV was not working. A call to the front desk had maintenance come in a few minutes and needed to return to change out the TV and get a tool for the drain. It turns out the TV worked after resetting from a remote site but the drain had a “hair ball” – certainly something that housekeeping should have noticed. After speaking with James, the front desk manager, a suitable solution of a free dinner was offered. Everyone was very nice but this is something that shouldn’t occur. Another interesting item was included in the welcome letter – 2 free bottles of water provided but if staying more than one night, “you can purchase more in the gift shop”. Really? A 20cent bottle of water can’t be restocked if staying more than one night?

Food: Ordered the steak with mash potato side. Frankly, it was a poor cut of meat and bland but cooked as ordered. Same for the mashed potatoes. Dessert was the bread pudding and again was bland. I’d be disappointed if I had paid for the meal. There’s a little lack of attention – I watched a room service meal be put on a tray while the server spoke with someone (seemed like another employee or frequent guest) for over 5 minutes before taking the tray to the room. I think food should go out priority. Breakfast was either cook to order or buffet. I had the buffet (free with diamond stay) and was good in selection and quality.

Location: South of Nashville

Rating: 6.5/10 for Hiltons. Staff very exceptionally nice

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank drtravels
TRybak, General Manager at Hilton Brentwood/Nashville Suites, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear drtravels,

Thank you for the review of our property and the feedback. I apologize for the slow drain and I am glad we were able to correct it immediately along with the TV issue. Thanks for your feedback regarding the bottled water. That is a Hilton standard that all HHonors guests get free water upon arrival but not each night of your stay. I will be sure to pass your feedback on to Hilton. I will also be sure to share your food comments with the Chef and his team. Thanks again for staying and please let me know if your travels bring you back to this area and I will be happy to assist you.

Greensboro, NC
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Nice hotel but housekeeping needs spiffing up a bit; we did not receive a survey from Hilton after our visit, so contacted them with these comments: upon arrival there were only 3 towels in room for occupancy of 4; after maid service the first night there were no coffee cups for the in-room machine, no tea bags replenished; dirty towels not removed; no toilet paper replenished-so no toliet paper in the middle of night; a/c not working well. The heated pool was too cold and although there is supposed to be cleans towels at the pool, housekeeping had not kept up with that either. The front desk has no extra towels, pillows, etc so you have to call housekeeping and stay up late/and wait a long period of time to have them delivered to the room. It would have been awesome to have hot water and tea bags in the lobby in addition to the coffee; to suffice, hotel nice, housekeeping subpar.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Dear Tolbert89,
Thank you for your feedback both here and through Hilton. I apologized for your experience with your room. I did see that you were in a King room so 3 towels of each type is the standard we put in those rooms and we add 4 towels for rooms with two double beds. We are always happy to bring more if requested. We will certainly meet with the particular housekeeper who serviced your room and see what happened. We normally stock two rolls of toilet paper at check-in, along with 3-4 coffee cups and a couple of tea bags. All of that should have been returned to those levels when your room was cleaned. I apologize that did not happen. Please let me know if you are returning to our area and I will be happy to ensure your experience is a better one next time. Thanks again for the review.

Paris, France
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Booked for three day family wedding after reading positive Trip Advisor reviews...used the best rate for Hilton...no breakfast included, but great senior rate...no problem with getting there from Nashville Airport (good directions), very convenient to the church and country club (Belle Meade) and family home in Franklin...given room facing the atrium...very large, clean, nicely decorated...loved the comfortable bed, big towels. Room needs more light, hard to see...Coffeemaker, while convenient and easy to use with pods, produced weak coffee so one of us went down each am and utilized the lobby coffee which was delicious. Never wanted to have breakfast there...just brought in fruit and yogurt from nearby Krogers... Had lunch when we arrived and it came quickly, good hamburger for hubby, good chicken salad for me...would have like a placemat or tablecloth. Very nice waiter...Everything fine until the early am...heard the four loud little chilren next door as if they were in my room...screaming, yelling...walls seemed thin...could not even hear the tv and forget reading a book. Asked for a new room and the manager on duty noted that this family was in the restaurant with the kids running around, loudly playing with light sabers...packed up our stuff and moved to the quiet wing facing the back of the hotel...p.s. the pool is a magnet for families, no problem with that but...forget any peace and quiet or quiet swim...No problem with the new room until....the day of the wedding. I went downstairs early and requested that the room be ready, cleaned up so we could prepare for the wedding we were going to attend...different manager called housekeeping...I heard her give our number and out we went...Came back to a room that was not touched...everything was timed for our preparations...not a happy camper. Went to the housekeeper who I saw next door and asked her to begin cleaning our room quickly. I saw her sheet with no mention of what was requested early in the morning. Went downstairs and lodged a complaint...same female manager called housekeeping...also asked for shower cap which I never received....anyway, 15 minutes later, we came back to the room even though the housekeeper was not finished and told her that was it...she was very nice, apologetic...not her fault...finally day we left not problem checking out...nice hotel, but few glitches...need management to think where they place large families for the comfort of other guests...they must know about the thiness of the walls...and importantly it the management's job to follow through with important requests...

Room Tip: Request that no families with kids be nearby...may mean avoiding rooms facing the atrium...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear Vmeer,
Thank you for the lovely review of our hotel and your experience. It sounds like you were here on one of our busy weekend with lots of kids and families as well as wedding guests. I apologize that we did not get your room cleaned at the requested time. I will be sure to follow up with our Housekeeping staff to see where we dropped the ball. That is not normal for us. I am sorry about the loud group next door to you in your original room. Again, thank you for the feedback as it always help us improve what we offer here.

Reviewed 17 April 2012 via mobile

As a diamond member, I'm typically offered an upgrade if one is available. If it's not it's no big but deal but it would be nice to be noticed. They don't even offer the arrival gift. Hilton honors are so different from one hotel to another they are almost worthless.

Stayed April 2012
TRybak, General Manager at Hilton Brentwood/Nashville Suites, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Dear Frankatz,
Thank you for your feedback regarding Hilton HHonors. I am sorry we do not have upgrades here at our all-suite hotel. Every room is a suite so everyone gets an upgrade. As a Diamond Hilton HHonors member you receive free breakfast and bonus Hilton HHonors points at our hotel now. You used to have to choose one of those perks but now Hilton automatically gives both to Diamond members. I am not aware of a "welcome gift" that was ever done for Hhonors guests at Hilton's so that may be unique to a particular hotel you stayed at. We really try to take care of our HHonors guests here as we appreciate their loyalty and patronage of our hotel. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance in the future.

Gilson, Illinois
Reviewed 13 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Suites Brentwood over Easter while we visited our daughter in Nashville. We stayed four nights and were given wonderful treatment as HHonors members. Our room was spotless and very spacious. Wow! The bathroom/dressing room is huge! The king size bed was so comfortable that we slept as well as at home each night. It was great having two flat-screen TV's, one in the living area and one in the bedroom. Also thanks to our maid for replacement bottles of water every day. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet each morning with having something different. The grill will make you anything you want--Belgium waffles, pancakes, french toast, omelets, etc. The food was wonderful! I loved the Belgium waffles, so I did have those two days. All pastries and fruit were very fresh. The hotel staff always had smiles on their faces and spoke every time we saw them. By the third day, they even recognized us by name. The day we checked into our room, our air conditioning was working correctly, but within 30 minutes the maintaince staff was there and had it fixed and cooled in no time. I would definitely recommend this hotel. I love the large atrium, gazebo and glass elevators. Thanks Hilton!

Room Tip: I would probably select a room on the 3rd or 4th floors for HHonors Members as it is wonderful to lo...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Memphis
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I've stayed in many hotels in the area, including The Hermitage downtown, and I had as good an experience here (and in some ways better) than any in the area. The price was GREAT, the breakfast very good and the rooms clean and quiet. The only suggestion I have is they need more luggage carts and to perhaps replace some of the sleeper sofas (but whose even slept on a comfortable sleepe sofa right?).

Room Tip: Room had microwave and mini fridge.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family