“A pleasant surprise”

Hilton Brentwood/Nashville Suites
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Brentwood
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I typically stay at the HGI by the airport but the CMA awards forced me to stay here instead. Everything else was sold out or asking $300 plus that week. It turned out to be a nice property; clean, quiet and a friendly staff at the front desk and at the bar. The food I ordered at the bar was good and the drink prices were reasonable. They don't charge for parking and the fitness room is larger than most. Overall a nice hotel at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed here also on our house hunting/ relo travels when returning to do a new home walk thru. This is a more upscale property so no pets and it had more of a business atmosphere. Your suites are more sophisticated with a great bathroom and living room area. A little more pricey but breakfast is included.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
TRybak, General Manager at Hilton Brentwood/Nashville Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Barbara,
Thank you for the review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our suites and yes we do not allow pets at the hotel. I am glad your stay included breakfast. Breakfast is not included for all guests but guest in the top tiers of Hilton HHonors get free breakfast and there are some packages out there that include breakfast. Good luck on the new house!! We hope you get the chance to stay with us again sometime.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife and I wanted a central location close to Nashville and Franklin. We generally like Hilton hotels so we decided to stay a couple of nights.

This looks like a small version of Embassy suites. The location is super good because it is in a office type area about 300 yards from I-65. I could not hear any road noise at all.

The only down side we saw was that there are only two elevators for the whole property. When we were checking in a college baseball team was also checking in so we had a wait of about 10 minutes then a wait on the elevator.

The area where the bar is located is really nice. The decor is well done. My wife agreed that it gave the hotel a more homey feel.

The room was clean and they had an option when I reserved the room to have food there, in your room when you arrived. This was a nice touch.

We also had breakfast at the hotel. While it was a little high $13.95 for the buffet, it tasted great and it was very easy to go down from the room and get some breakfast.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms appear to have small balconies.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear toliverj01,

Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel! I am so glad it impressed you. Sorry about the elevator experience. Normally there is not an issue with the elevators but I can see how a baseball team arriving could tie them up for awhile. We hear the "homey" comment a lot about our suites and all the sitting areas around the bar and atrium. Great for conversations. Thanks for the tip too about the balconies. I will let everyone know the balcony rooms are all ones with two double beds so if you want a balcony book the double and ask for it to be on any floor but the ground floor. Thanks again!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I came down to Nashville with my son and daughter for orientation at Belmont University. The hilton Brentwood was 15 mins away from campus. It was a great place to stay and I felt safe in the neighborhood. I was comfortable in my room and everything was clean and comfortable. My only complaint was that the bathroom was a little worn looking and There wasn't an ice machine on our floor so I had to search out someone in the kitchen for ice

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Karen,
Thank you for the review of your stay during Belmont Orientation. We get a lot of guests visiting Belmont and Lipscomb Universities as we are very close you do not have to deal with the downtown Nashville traffic. Thank you for the comment on your bathroom. We are in the scheduling phase of a renovation to our bath tubs that we are very excited about. We should have brand new tiles and some rooms converted to showers before the end of the year. The first floor rooms do not have an ice machine and I apologize for that. We do make it available at our bar or restaurant for those folks but the 2,3, and 4th floor all have two machines per floor. There just is not where on the 1st floor to put one. Thanks again!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We were en route home from a week in Florida, with a stopping point in Nashville because we had two small children and an infant in our party. This was our first time at this hotel, but it will not be our last.
From the kind and attentive check-in and follow ups by Sara, to the personal attention manager Kristina gave us when we found fault in one of the rooms, to the outstanding service we had at breakfast from Osiris, it was an exceptional experience for seven weary travelers. All this, in the context of this being the end of three very busy weekends for them.
The rooms were nicely decorated, the suites were large and accommodated both the pull out sofa and a crib, and the walls between let us older folk sleep in through anything. The food was appreciably better than I had anticipated it might be, which was just another wonderful bonus. We've been talking about a weekend in Nashville on our own later this year, and I believe this will be the place we'll stay. Thank you to terrific personnel who kept the place clean and bright and welcoming. You made it another day of vacation for us, rather than something to be endured on the long road home.

Room Tip: We were at the back of the hotel. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear PinkandMac,
Thank you for the nice review of your experience and thank you for mentioning the great people that gave you service. I will be sure to recognize each of them for their efforts. We hope you do get to come back for a weekend visit to Nashville soon. We are looking forward to it. Let us know if we can do anything for your next visit.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

This was my first stay (3 nights) at this location. The front desk staff is friendly and helpful. The cleaning staff was efficient and did a good job keeping the room stocked with the necessary amenities. It was nice to have a microwave and fridge in the suite. There was a lot of late-night door slamming by other guests, but it is minimized by the fact that this is an all-suite hotel and the bedroom can be closed off from the living room and bathroom. I am not sure how old the property is but an apparent attempt was made to refresh the bath/shower area by painting over the ceramic tiles and soap tray in the shower. The paint is now peeling off and if you leave a bar of soap in the shower, a hunk of paint will stick to it when you pick it up! Also if management is reading this review, please clean up the black mold around the rail in the shower and also around the soap dish in room 228! I ate the breakfast buffet in the Porch Café, which was over-priced at $13.95. Tax and a $2 tip bring it to a $17.25. After the first morning, I opted to order off the breakfast menu. A 3-egg omlet with bacon or sausage and fried potatoes is $9.50. I asked for my bacon to be cooked extra-crispy but had to send it back as it arrived half-cooked and floppy. By the time it came back I had finished my omlet. There were no potatoes served with the omlet, as advertised and after complaining about the bacon, I just wanted to get on with my day. The same server took care of me at all 3 breakfasts, and never gave very attentive service, even though there were few diners at 6:30 a.m. If I ever stay there again, I will plan on eating breakfast outside of the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
TRybak, General Manager at Hilton Brentwood/Nashville Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear TennTraveler,
Thank you for the review of your experience at out hotel. I am glad you found the front desk staff and housekeeping staff to your liking. They both do a great job.I apologize about the painted tile in your bathroom. I agree that is was a poor decision some years ago to paint the tile instead of replacing it. We are currently in the planning stages of doing exactly that. We are looking at the end of this year to replace the tile along with several other upgrades to the hotel. I hope you can come back and see it after it is done. I also apologize about the bacon delivery and service in the restaurant. I will be sure to pass these items on to my F&B team so they know where they need improvement. Thanks again for the review!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed 5 nights during cma fest room 255. The following items were not up to par for hilton. Drapes do not close for privacy only for decoration and the sheers were dry rotting from the sun and had holes in them so at night someone could see in and the sun and light lit the room up making it hard to sleep. Air conditioner rattled they did fix it. Dust balls everywhere and on trim. Paint was peeling off tub and the lamp shade had several cracks and worn. Spoke with manager and all he had to say was that he would pass it on to corporate so it would help him get funds to have rooms refurbished. Is this the new standard for hilton? Wow this was not brought to my attention when I booked the room. Just pay the rate and oh well. Think twice before booking. Looks like they only like to comment on positive reviews on trip advisor

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear sore,
Thank you for the review of our hotel! As I said when we spoke at the desk, I do apologize for the items you experienced. I don't remember you mentioning the housekeeping items but I do remember the curtain issue. As I mentioned there are blackout curtains behind the sheers in your room that close and block out the entire window. The out panels are stationary and do not move. I went to your room and double checked personally. The painted tile in your room is an issue we tackle daily here and you have probably seen it in other reviews. I do apologize for that and there is not much I could have done for that while the room is occupied as we have to paint the area. I apologize for the housekeeping items you mention and I will certainly get with my housekeeping team and get those items addressed. They are definitely not the standard for Hilton as I said. I do hope you get the opportunity to come back after we have corrected the tile issue along with some other planned renovations later this year. Thanks again for the review and again my apologies.