“Great people!”

Hampton Inn Bristol
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed 30 January 2012

No matter what you say this hotel is the epitome of "Southern Hospitality." I don't know that there was one single employee that wasn't GREAT! It seemed like every turn in the road someone was right there to make sure my experience was the best that I've ever had. Thank you SO much!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeremy W
BristolHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay here with us. I really appreciate the great comments that you had about our staff. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us while you were in this area.

Reviewed 12 December 2011

I travel weekly to this area and have stayed at the Hampton Inn here because it is one of the few places left that allow smokers. The front desk staff are the greatest I have ever stayed with and are always helpful and willing to accomodate as able. The rooms are always clean. However...the biggest problem I have had at this hotel is that when reservations are made for a particular bed type, it is not always available at time of check-in. This has happened to me twice at this location and is very inconvienient! Will definitely be looking for another place to start staying in this area due to not being able to get the room that has been reserved!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Leigh-Anna B

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I really appreciate the great comments that you had about our front desk staff.
I wanted to let you know what happened when your room type was not available for you. We only have 7 smoking rooms. One of our heating units quit working and we did not want to give anyone a "cold" room. I sincerely apologize that your reserved room was not available for you.
Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and I sincerely hope that you will continue to do so!

Reviewed 13 November 2011

Stopped at Tennessee Welcome Center - very tired been traveling all day. Decided to stay the night and asked about Hampton Inn close by. Kind attendant checked on availability - we were advised to come on. We realized that we were on the Interstate - truck noise! Great front desk staff greeted us! We were given a listing of restaurants in the area. Returned to the room for an early evening. Noticed that window unit was a little loud. Did not know how loud until about 11:30 p.m. when all was quiet and it would go on and off - it work's on a setting and on and off loudly all night. Beds were good and the bath was clean. However with noise from the Interstate and the loud unit - made for a none restful evening. Early departure as we were awake anyhow. Nice breakfast - small eating area but it is divided into 2 sections - attendant was on the ball and a kind smile. Fresh fruit was great - as well as great coffee. Upon checkout mentioned the unit to the desk staff and she kindly made a note for maintenance. Back on Interstate!

Room Tip: Rooms opposite Interstate may be quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank natsyd
BristolHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here with us. And thank you so much the nice compliments about our staff. I apologize that we were not able to find you a quieter room for your stay. When you return to this area, please let us know so that we can get you a room away from the Interstate.

Reviewed 4 November 2011

Conveniently located off I-81 for easy on - easy off, this is an older style Hampton, but kept up, that has above average customer service. Upon arrival and given my room, I was a little concerned as I was on the side near the highway. After expressing my concern to Heather, who checked me in, I went to get my bags out of the car. Upon reentering the hotel, Heather had checked for a room on the other end of the hotel and had already switched me. She even escorted me to my room to be sure it was suitable. I was impressed. She even recognized me as a Gold member.

Heather recommended the Brooklyn Grille for dinner, which is run by a local chef and his wife. It was out of this world. People come from all over to eat there.

Breakfast was on par with your Hampton breakfast with eggs and sausage and of course, I like their "Robust" coffee, where so many other hotel chains have watered down coffee.

If you're concerned about the trucks going by, request a room on the other side of the hotel, run the fan on your a/c and you'll be fine. The bed in my room had two doubles, but i was alone and didn't mind.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
BristolHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2011

Thank you for the great review. It really means alot to us that you took the the time to do that for us. I am so glad that you mentioned your concern about being close to the Interstate so we could get you into the quieter room. Hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2011

The nicest people will take very good care of you and meet your every need. Thanks to the wonderful staff. It means so much to be treated so well when we are away from home!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
BristolHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2011

I really appreciate you taking the time to review our property. It really means alot to us that you enjoyed your stay here with us. Our guest's satisfaction is our number 1 goal here. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us while you were in this area.

Reviewed 8 October 2011

Small Rooms with double beds. Could not find restaurants within a reasonable driving distance.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
BristolHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2011

Thank you for your review regarding the Hampton Inn Bristol we appreciate it. We are sorry that you did not have a pleasant stay with us. We will continue to improve on our restaurant listing to insure that no one else has that same experience. Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed 16 September 2011

We were on our way to Ashville, NC and should have kept going! Stayed here one night, and wish we would have known that it is located just feet from I-81 highway (trucks, trucks, trucks, LOUD all night long, and a 4-lane road on the other side. Our room needed major updating - old air conditioner unit under window (not updated to the thermostat on wall) that was SO LOUD, you didn't know what was worse, the truck noise or the a/c! The 3rd floor room was clean and the staff friendly - breakfast was fine. Also our mattress (& bathroom) had not been updated, it was the old 6" thick type, and hard - not the typical updated comfy Hampton Inn mattress (we stay almost monthly at Hampton's around the country). At check out, I asked when the room had been updated, and the mgr. said it had been recently. I almost laughed! She said the mattress just needed to be "flipped" and she would send a main. man to do it. She obviously has not stayed in any other Hampton Inns! Perhaps the hotel chain prefers to update other Hampton Inns with better furnishings depending on location. Very surprised that Hampton Inn chose this location, when they are usually off the main roads.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
BristolHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2011

Thank you for your review of our property. Please know that if you are not satisfied with your room, let us know and we can find you a quieter room. Our location here is just off of the Interstate which is easily accessed but means some road noise. The other highay that we are beside does calm down during the night, so we do have quiter rooms available. Again, Thank you for taking the time to review our property, it really means alot to us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
0 mi away
#2 of 10 in Abingdon
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 14 in Bristol

Been to Hampton Inn Bristol? Share your experiences!