“DISCRIMINATION-LGBT”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Bristol
Abington
“DISCRIMINATION-LGBT”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My husband & I were at the Speedway Inn today. When we went in to register the woman working there ( the owner I'm guessing ) asked if we wanted one or two beds. We asked the prices ( $40 for one bed & $50 for two beds.) we said one would be fine. At that point the woman told us " two men, two beds". we explained we were married,showed our ID's ( we both now have the same last name now ). She then said she would not give us a room. I explained to here we were legally married in Maryland last year. All in all it s 2014, I believe 17 states allow same sex marriage now. this is total DISCRIMINATION. On top of that it is the 4th of July & our rites were violated. my husband was deeply hurt. I would like to ad that on February 11th., 2011 my husband received a double lung transplant. We are contacting the LGBT. We are totally shocked in this day & age for this to happen.
Kevin & Ric

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
16 Thank Richard B

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Anoka
Reviewed 21 March 2013

We stayed two nights in a very spacious King non smoking room. The price during race weekend was about triple normal but they did not require a three night minimum. The room was clean and everything worked. Not fancy mind you. It was about like a Super 8 but more spacious and cleaner. I had a light burn out and told the management and they repaired it quickly. The heat and air also worked along with hot water. Approx. 14 minutes from the BMS by car.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank SDeuker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
Hampton Inn Bristol
Hilton Garden Inn Bristol
Courtyard Bristol
Courtyard Bristol
#2 of 13 in Bristol

Been to Speedway Inn? Share your experiences!