“Enjoyed It”

Price range: US$6 - US$18
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 3 August 2013

This was our first trip to Fatz. So, we received a free dessert. We also got a free appetizer, as did a number of other tables. The appetizer was there famous Calabash Chicken. It was just ok. The all-you-can-eat ribs were very good. The kids liked the Mac & Cheese, but the fries were overly salty and seasoned for them. The desert was good too. The beer and wine menu could be expanded.

1  Thank mwb1266

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Hard to see this restaurant as its set on a hill , but glad we did , the decor is very nice , our server Jerry was so friendly and polite, the choice of food on the menu is great and was so pleased with the variety on the children's menu ,Salmon and fish being a couple of options not your usual same old same old for the kids, portions were plentiful and reasonably priced , shame we were only passing through ........would we go back , hell yeh

1  Thank Henry N Michell... A
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I'm one of those people that tend to always find restaurants with ribs. I believe that a good rack of ribs, done well, is hard to beat. And Fatz in Bristol has about the best ribs around. I know because I've tried about all of them, and can tell you where the best ribs are in, oh, about a 500 mile radius of Bristol, TN.

What makes ribs at Fatz so good? A combination of factors. They are meatier by far, than others you'll get at competitive restaurants. They are prepared so that the meat is so tender it literally falls off the bone.

Now, if you're one of those people that is ashamed of picking up ribs and gnawing the meat off the bone in public, you can actually use your fork and pull the meat off the ribs. They are brushed with sauce at just the right time so that the sauce cooks into the surface of the ribs. And I always ask for extra sauce, because it's true--it's hard to get enough sauce.

On this trip to Fatz, we had fried chicken salad, a fresh green salad, ribs, baked potatoes and those wonderful little hot rolls that Fatz serves. Be careful you don't eat so many of them with the honey butter before your meal that you spoil your appetite. Had to say that. My Mom used to stop me from eating rolls before the meal, so I'll pass that along. The salads were really good. Cold, crisp, excellent and well prepared.

Jerry was our server this evening. His service standards were excellent. He never hovered. He kept my iced tea glass filled with that great Fatz Sweet Tea--what we have always jokingly called the "House Wine" of the South. I love it because at Fatz they always offer to fix you a drink to go as a part of their service, and I believe that is an amazing customer service attribute. It's not done everywhere.

We were quizzed several times to be sure that everything met our standards. It met and exceeded what we had hoped for.

3  Thank aguinn
Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

Great chain, best cheese fries, and nice staff, for your money this is the best. I would recommend the best chain
thank you Fatz.

1  Thank bristolsoxfan
Reviewed 24 April 2013

My husband and I went to Fatz on a Sunday afternoon. Immediately upon entering the restaurant we were warmly greeted and quickly seated. Our waitress came took our drink orders and returned shortly with them and a basket of hot, buttery poppy-seed rolls . . . ummmmmm good! We both order salads that were served chilled and with a good selection of greens. My husband order the chicken pot pie served in a skillet. He particularly liked that it was a shallow and wide pan which resulted in a lot of golden brown crust - his personal favorite. I order from the lite menu the basa fish that was lightly seasoned and cooked to perfection. I had ordered by broccoli 'soft' and it arrived not soft enough but it was taken back and soon returned at the requested tenderness. The service was outstanding and the manager did stop by the table to make sure that things were good. Compliments to the table bussers who efficiently cleaned off the tables immediately after a party left. This is our pet peeve to have dirty dishes around you while you are eating but that is not a problem here.

This is a super place to go for a variety of choices with excellent service!!!!

1  Thank freda1002