“great hotel and staff”

Comfort Inn Brownsville
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Brownsville
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My non profit organization is traveling across America raising money for wounded veterans and we stopped by for the night. The hotel is very nice and I was met at the front desk by a friendly lady who was super helpful. The general manager, Pete, generously donated a room! It was a peaceful, quiet, clean and relaxing hotel. I was able to relax at the pool, burn some calories in their fitness room and do my laundry. In the morning they had a fresh continental breakfast with good options. The GM even followed up on how we were enjoying our stay. Great hotel. Friendly staff. Very nice, clean and quiet. You won't be disappointed you stayed!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Son D

Reviewed 19 June 2014

My wife and I were on a working/vacation and spent the night here on the way to Memphis. Check in was wonderful and the girl at the front desk was very helpful in recommending a local restaurant. We like supporting the locals whenever we can. The next morning my wife noticed a large wet spot on the carpet on her side of the bed. The coffee pot had not been cleaned. In the morning when we went to the front desk the new girl was too busy talking on her cell phone to be bothered with guests. The food was typical Comfort Inn food. It gets you started fro the day but you'll have to stop later from something more substantial. The hotel itself was fine and met our needs for one night but I would not vacation at this hotel.

Room Tip: Check the room before you accept the room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I have not stayed in a Comfort Inn for many years because of a bad experience in Chattanooga.but in reviewing my options After the need to stop and stay in Brownsville, I chose this hotel. I am so happy I did. I did not expect much but to my surprise I was overwhelming happy with the very clean room, the comfortable bed, the freshness of my non smoking room, the bathroom shower head that felt like a massage and even the high toilet ( not a handicap room) that did not require me to almost sit on the floor! But it got even better t breakfast. The hot breakfast was more than expected and I enjoyed the choice of making a blueberry waffle. The area was clean and I watched the morning news. There had been many tornado warnings along the road travelling and I must mention I slept in a very quite room because you could not hear all of the activity going on outside of my window on the ground floor, I was conveniently located just off the Interstate next to a museum..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 2ontheroad4fun
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I will preface this review by stating that we normally stay in hotels that cost at least double. Having said that, finding one anywhere close to Memphis after a concert was rather impossible, so we ended up down the interstate and came across this Comfort Inn.

I must admit, for a place to rest before continuing a trip, this location was a rather nice surprise. It was clean and the staff was friendly. The location was safe and the hotel was in good condition. Sheets were pristine and we had no hesitancy going to sleep with no interruptions. As a matter of fact, my wife and I discussed our willingness to stay here again if we do the Memphis concert scene in order to conserve a bit of funds.

Overall, great stay with friendly staff!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tony P
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Room was clean. Lobby area was inviting. Pillows were very comfortable. Hotel area was quiet and safe. Location was easy on and off of freeway. We did drive into Brownsville to see the town as it was still daylight when we checked in.
Reason for Trip:Visit family in Indiana

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Jpamr5
ComfortInn591, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Brownsville, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for letting us know about your stay here at the Comfort Inn in Brownsville, TN. We value your opinion and are thrilled to know you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff strives to deliver a great hotel our guests will love. To know we were able to do just that for you just makes us so happy! I hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Like so many other reviewers, we were passing through. We had a 10 hour drive and wanted a clean, quiet, less expensive place to sleep. This Comfort Inn fit the bill. The staff were accommodating, particularly the "legendary" Pete and the breakfast ample. We asked about restaurants for dinner and were given a list which turned out great as well. The decor is not the latest, but not terrible either....just comfortable where it counts.... the bed and bathroom. Memphis hotels were almost twice the price and we are glad we went a little further east.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
ComfortInn591, Owner at Comfort Inn Brownsville, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for taking time to write us a review. We greatly appreciate the kind remarks. Our staff works hard to make your stay a pleasant one. I am glad we were able to provide you with that. I am also happy you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. I hope you will stop by again the next time you are in town.

Sam
Owner

Reviewed 29 April 2014

The room was clean and comfortable. Would be my only choice for this area. I didn't use the breakfast, so I cannot comment on that. Room was pretty quiet given proximity to the freeway. Great access, though, from the freeway.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Greg W
ComfortInn591, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Brownsville, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Greg W,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I will be sure to share your kind words with our entire staff. We take a tremendous amount of pride in our service and the appearance of the hotel and I am pleased that we were able to accomodate you while with us. Please feel free to contact me if there is anything I may assist you with in the future.

Pete Bhakta
Guest Service Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brownsville
Econo Lodge
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#5 of 28 in Jackson
Fairfield Inn & Suites Jackson

Been to Comfort Inn Brownsville? Share your experiences!