Comfort Inn Brownsville
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$69
US$73
US$69
Hunter Lodge(Ripley)
TripAdvisor
All reviewseggssausageroom was cleanother hotelscustomer servicedesk clerkgreat joba quick overnight stopshower headexcellent hotellobby areafirst choicethe complimentary hot breakfastc unitfamily reunionblueberry wafflesstay there again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on our way to Tennessee for a family vacation. The desk attendant was nice and helpful. The room and hotel was clean but a little dated and could use updating. The breakfast was what I expected for a free breakfast, enough to feed the kids. Overall good stay.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank hkay_h
Reviewed 22 July 2014

When we arrived, the night desk attendant seemed annoyed that we had interrupted whatever she was doing and we had to be the ones to speak first, instead of her asking us if she could help us. The paint was chipped in many places in our room and, overall, the room just felt dingy. The comforter on one of our beds was not clean (spot of something on in), but the beds were fairly comfortable. The bathroom was adequate. We could hear music (a karaoke bar nearby, perhaps?) from our room, which was somewhat annoying (the windows seemed to not close all the way, or were thin). Although this hotel advertises free wi-fi, it did not work consistently, which was very frustrating. When we went down for breakfast, the breakfast bar was messy and there were ants. The clerk (the same one from the night before) was busily trying to work both the front desk and the breakfast area, and she indicated this was an everyday occurrence (understaffed). The breakfast selections were adequate. I had to find the clerk to check out when we left. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We originally had reservation at a hotel in Jackson, but because we came in a day early, we stayed at the Comfort Inn in Brownsville. Walking into the hotel, I noticed that the lobby was clean and had a fresh smell. The night desk attendant was very welcoming. Getting to our room, I noticed that it was clean and cool, which was great, due to the humidity outside. I knew that we were suppose to check out the next day and check into the hotel in Jackson, but because we liked the room so much, after unpacking and putting away our food in the refrigerator in our room, I decided I would find out if they had availability for the next few days before I cancel my hotel in Jackson. The desk clerk checked and kindly set up for us to stay a few more days. So I called and cancelled my reservation in Jackson. The next day of our family reunion, I used the hotel computer in the business area and Pete, the day manager was so helpful, by printing up a number of copies that I needed, and he was extremely nice. I use to work customer service, so I recognize good customer service when I see it, and this hotel did everything right. When the eggs & sausage ran low for breakfast, I noticed how Peter continues to check and restock the breakfast food and kept cleaning the kitchen area. And the hotel staff that cleaned the rooms were very friendly, I also like the flowers outside the hotel and that it was very neat and clean. I plan to visit Brownsville again because my late parents were born there, the Comfort Inn will always be our first choice for future trips to Brownsville. Keep up the great work !

Room Tip: Always let them know before check in that you have an AAA card or any discount card, this will prevent having to make adjustments to your final bill.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Debbie H
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My non profit organization is traveling across America raising money for wounded veterans and we stopped by for the night. The hotel is very nice and I was met at the front desk by a friendly lady who was super helpful. The general manager, Pete, generously donated a room! It was a peaceful, quiet, clean and relaxing hotel. I was able to relax at the pool, burn some calories in their fitness room and do my laundry. In the morning they had a fresh continental breakfast with good options. The GM even followed up on how we were enjoying our stay. Great hotel. Friendly staff. Very nice, clean and quiet. You won't be disappointed you stayed!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Son D
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My wife and I were on a working/vacation and spent the night here on the way to Memphis. Check in was wonderful and the girl at the front desk was very helpful in recommending a local restaurant. We like supporting the locals whenever we can. The next morning my wife noticed a large wet spot on the carpet on her side of the bed. The coffee pot had not been cleaned. In the morning when we went to the front desk the new girl was too busy talking on her cell phone to be bothered with guests. The food was typical Comfort Inn food. It gets you started fro the day but you'll have to stop later from something more substantial. The hotel itself was fine and met our needs for one night but I would not vacation at this hotel.

Room Tip: Check the room before you accept the room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business