“Do no stop here”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bulls Gap
Birmingham, Alabama
“Do no stop here”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I've never had a bad experience with a Super 8, some are better than others, this is the worst we have ever seen, not even going to rate it. Check in staff was rude, hallway & room smelled musty/moldy. Carpet felt damp & after making the mistake of walking across the carpet in my bare feet, they were black from the carpet. We were to have a refrigerator & did not have one at all. Breakfast, if that's what you call it was Danish, coffee & juice. We will not be returning.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Tazewell, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed at the hotel for its distance from where I was presenting. The hotel is old, but clean. The room had a microwave and refrigerator. The breakfast is not much, but Mcdonalds, Taco Bell, and Dairy Queen are right next door.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Bulls Gap hotels

Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed here one night over late December, 2013. It was getting late, and starting to rain, so I stopped at this exit on I-81. There are only a couple of motels at this exit- the Super 8 and a Quality Inn, along with a truck stop and a Taco Bell. Because of the lack of competition, the prices are a bit higher than what you might find in a larger highway/commercial area- the total came to around $63 with tax.

I had no problem with the room- all the essentials worked fine- TV, wi-fi, heater. The sheets and towels were clean, and I got a good night's sleep. I'd rate it as average among many other Super 8 rooms I've stayed in, definitely a step above some of the dumps needing repair.

There just isn't much in this particular area. The town itself is a distance down the road, with just this small cluster of motels and limited food choices. The motel itself is an average value, and is located very close to the road, but I would recommend holding out for another exit with more choices; this one seems primarily oriented toward truckers.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Bulls Gap
Reviewed 18 March 2014

The beds were clean but the trash hadn't been changed from the last stay and the shower had hair in it from the last people. The desk staff was friendly but I probably wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Mckinney
Reviewed 12 March 2014

It was late around midnight when I stopped to check in, I rang the bell for after hour check in and no one came out. I rang the bell 3 more times and just about the time I started to leave, the worker came through the door from outside and said they were at the store across the street. I had driven over 14 hours and was really tired. They checked me in and gave me a room, I requested a smoking room on the first floor, I travel with dogs, my room was on the 2nd floor but by the stairs so that was ok. All in all the room was clean, had a very strong smell of smoke, which I am a smoker, but most rooms do not smell like an ashtray this one did. Bed was ok, tv was small and was probably 5 yrs old at least. The ac/heat worked really well and was pretty quiet. I have been in worse hotels, but for sure have been in others which were allot better for same price or less. with dog cost $75

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This Super 8 was definitely one of the better places I have stayed at while traveling. The staff were very friendly, and the room was good. The heat worked fine, the room was clean, etc. I was also glad that there were restaurants and a convenience stores within walking distance. I'd definitely recommend staying here to anyone.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Andrew Johnson Inn
Andrew Johnson Inn
#5 of 8 in Greeneville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites College Square

Been to Super 8 Bulls Gap Greeneville Area? Share your experiences!