Country Hearth Inn & Suites Camden
    • Pool
    Heritage Inn(Huntingdon)
    • Breakfast included
    Good 3.5/5
      See what travellers are saying:
      FilterAll languages
      Reviewed 10 July 2010

This trip was for a family reunion. We weren't at the rooms often but it was clean, staff was very friendly, and comfortable bed. Small pool to relax at the end of our busy days.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
      1  Thank luvhorsesAr
      Reviewed 17 August 2007

Stayed here for a few days visiting family in the area. The room was a little small but very clean. I looked behind the bed and the dresser and found nothing. Frig and microwave in the room was nice there is a Wal-Mart right down the road so we bought micro popcorn and snacks. The breakfast was better than most places I have stayed at, but it is free so do not look for a 4 star meal. They had breakfast cereal, waffles, bis and gravy, toast, and some pastries. The beds where not lumpy but could tell it is getting close to changing them out. One afternoon there was mattresses being delivered the owner told us that they where getting ready to change out the mattressess in the rooms.

Bottom line would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
        • Check-in / front desk
      2  Thank Tim C
      Reviewed 18 June 2007

Stayed there for one night this weekend, we were down on quasi business. The Best Western (which is a really nice Best Western and I don't usually like that chain at all), was booked completely (some ball tournament) so I reluctantly booked a room at the Country Hearth. In hindsight, we should've driven the few extra miles and stayed at the Hampton Suites in Paris (also a nice clean motel) but this wasn't horrible. It's a long row of rooms on each side of a 1 story building (easily accessible for special needs and the elderly, safe lighted large parking area, kind of small but clean pool (we didn't use it but I did see people in it), TINY TINY TINY check in/breakfast area, 2 tables and a serving bar. There was a wifi station. No vending machines for munchies, just coke machine and ice machine. The room was OK, kind of small but it did have a working mini fridge and microwave and a nice TV with cable. The beds were OK. The motel is starting to run down (cracks in things here and there, peeling paint, ratty looking box springs, etc. BUT it was clean, even in the corners of the bathroom etc. No weird stains on the carpet. Housekeeping does a good job and I tipped them because I was impressed with the cleanliness. It was about $78 for one night, 2 queen beds but they have rooms with 1 king too. Oh, and the check in staff, both ot the ladies I talked to when booking and checking in, were super sweet.

Eat at the the Catfish Place if you go, it's where all the locals go and that's gooooooooooooooood catfish.

Stayed: June 2007
      3  Thank MorningMuffin
      Reviewed 2 December 2004

Checked their website for any pet deposits. Actually, checked their website and 2 other pet-friendly services for any extra fees. Found none listed on ANY of the sites. Checked in; the room was fine for our 1-night stay - clean, etc.

The kicker came when we checked out. The clerk started in about a $20 pet fee when I showed her my AAA card for the discount. Said that the room would need extra cleaning (I understand that part as we have travelled with our pet before - don't have a problem with the idea of a pet fee per se - was handled badly though). I told her that nothing had been said about it when I made the reservation or at check-in. We agreed upon $15 instead of the full $20, but she rang it up without the AAA discount. She blamed all of this confusion on an anonymous manager that she said she would complain to later.

Really left there with a bad taste in our mouth. Too bad - could be a nice place for a stopover, if we hadn't left there feeling taken advantage of. Got the distinct impression she/they were just trying to wring every single $$ out of us. Our family reunion is held near there nearly every year, and we were so excited at the thought of having a place to get a good night's rest at a decent rate. We took very good care to not abuse the pets allowed policy - we always want to leave a good impression so as not to ruin it for other folks that travel with their four-legged family members. Guess we'll have to keep looking.

• Stayed: November 2004