“Great place in TN to stay”

Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Caryville
Toronto
“Great place in TN to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

This is our second trip through TN enroute to FLA and once again the Caryville Hampton Inn was the chosen mid point.

The hotel is full (and I mean full) of TN memorabilia. Right from the 29 Ford Roadster to the llamas on property. This place has everything. The rooms are clean and well appointed for a Hampton. The reason to stay here is the 'stuff' that Hacksaw (the owner) has acquired over years and years and is displayed in every hall.

From signed pictures of governors to homecoming banners to TN moviestars to presidents to instructions for making your own moonshine. There is history all over this hotel.

When you stay here, be sure to walk out the front during sunset and watch a great sunset over the lake from the hotel. There are fantastic old seats which look like they are from an old chairlift available to guests. Its an unexpected pleasure to find a gem like this.

The hotel does have a pool and while we didnt use it, there were about 15 people having a great time so its another positive for the hotel.

In terms of food in the area, there is a Shoneys and a local BBQ restaurant. Both decent.

Overall we give it a big thumbs up! Thanks again.

1 Thank Jay F
sherry m, General Manager at Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you Jay F for your very kind review. So glad that you enjoyed all of the pictures and llamas. We look forward to seeing you again on more future stays. Thanks again!!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Lexington, SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my wife on our way to Ft Knox, KY on July 3rd. Room was clean and nice and every person we encountered treated us with kindness and concern. The surrounding area is beautiful and there are several things to do. We will definitely stay here again!

Stayed July 2014
Thank you traveler3278 for your review. Glad you enjoyed your stay look forward to seeing you again!!!
Sandusky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

The hotel staff was so friendly and the rooms were extremely comfortable. I really loved the Neutrogena amenities in the bathroom. The history that is displayed throughout the hotel was amazing. This is a place to visit all by itself, but we will stay again when we are going through this area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you Patricia H for your review. So glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.
Chesterfield, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is not a typical corporate Hampton. It still has all the nice amenities and comforts you expect from a Hampton/Hilton, but this one is owned by a long time local resident of the Caryville area and has tons of local character and charm baked in. The views of the mountains and lakes surrounding the hotel are magnificent and the owners personal historic memorabilia from the local area almost makes you feel like you are staying in his home. In the morning, Mr. Hack very well may be in the rocking chair in the lobby, chatting up the guests and giving away free CDs of pictures and videos about the hotel and the local area. This was my first visit, but I will return and will recommend to all my friends and family as an Ideal stopping point.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank 13ChrisF
Thank you Chris F for you review. Thank you for recommending us. We look forward to seeing you again for future stays.
Dallas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I have had the opportunity to visit many Hilton properties during my travels with my current job and Hampton Inn, in particular makes up a majority of my nights out. I must say for my first time in Tennessee this Hampton was not as enjoyable as others were, during my stay in Caryville. I guess I can start with the quality of breakfast items. There was no sausage served but bacon was served every other day; runny gravy and biscuits was another poorly served item. Of course, I did not expect restaurant style breakfast and it was free but when I have stayed in same name chain hotel s and received excellent service, I expect this treatment and experience at a different hotel, same model. However, there was one older woman who was pleasant and very hospitable, when she was on duty. In addition, I was not a fan of the workout room (cardio only) and since there were no free weights available, I was surprised Hampton did not provide guest access to the local gyms? Furthermore, the times I checked in, the rooms did not have a refrigerator or microwave, as standard amenities. I will point out the property is in a mountainous area and there are llamas present and gives the hotel an unusual décor. There is also a Cove Lake State Park, which has various walking trails and scenic views.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you Joe L for your review. I understand that we did not have some of the amenities that some of the other hotels have. Starting in November we will be remodeling throughout the whole hotel. If you are back in the area please stop and stay again with us.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Our family loves to go to this Hotel. The lama's add extra character and a unique atmosphere. The view is wonderful and the rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. We stay at this hotel about six times per year because we have a boat at Sugar Hollow on Noris Lake and the distance is reasonable.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you 854brendal for your review. Thank you so much for staying with us when you come down to visit Norris lake. We look forward to seeing you again!!!!
Williamson, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

The hotel was very clean. The bathroom in our room was very large. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast was very good. My daughter loved seeing all the animals they had outside. We will stay at this hotel again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you StoreyB for your review. So glad you all enjoyed your stay and your daughter enjoyed the llamas. Hope to see you again in the near future!!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caryville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Caryville
#1 of 1 in Pioneer
Hampton Inn Knoxville/Clinton I-75
Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Knoxville Clinton

Been to Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park? Share your experiences!