“Not Your Normal Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Caryville
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Although the hotel is dated and showing wear the location, nostalgia and uniqueness of the hotel make up for this. The view is magnificent! The staff were all friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and beds comfortable. A/C was quiet and efficient. Nice outdoor pool. Bathroom is a bit cramped and tile grout needs repair. Breakfast was better than usual Hampton Inn fares.

Room Tip: Try for second floor lake view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank rondot98
sherry m, General Manager at Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you rondot98 for the review. So glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope that you can come and stay with us again!!!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

This hotel was super clean, staff was friendly & helpful, right off I-75, view from our balcony was AMAZING, breakfast was better than any other "included/free breakfast" I've ever had, and I wanted to literally steal the mattress in the room and take it home. Most comfortable bed I've ever slept on in a hotel. The museum atmosphere and the llamas outside were a unique touch! Will definitely stay there again! Also the owner was there at the Morning breakfast and was chatting with all of the guests. I even accidentally caught him in my "last/farewell picture" of our balcony view sitting on the chairs below reading the newspaper.
PS, don't forget to ask for your complimentary CD of most of the pictures and "museum" items in the hotel.

Room Tip: Balcony was worth the few extra bucks! The TN mountain and lake view were priceless.
1  Thank Tracey O

Thank you Tracey O for your wonderful review on there. So glad you enjoyed all of the pictures and llamas. We look forward to seeing you again for future stays!!!

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed here while visiting Norris Lake since there are not many marina's that offer a single room for couples. Mostly houses are available for large groups. This hotel was very clean, staff very friendly, additional place to park boats. Lots of local historic photos in the halls and lobby made this very charming. We'll be back again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you longislandgirly for the review. We hope to see you again next lake season. Thanks again!!!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

More than a Hampton due to grounds, llamas and antique motor vehicles on grounds. Also historical, including past family, memorabilia in public interior was very educational and entertaining. Our second weekend visit this Summer!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you 162josephg for your review on here. So glad that you got to stay with us again. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

This is our second trip through TN enroute to FLA and once again the Caryville Hampton Inn was the chosen mid point.

The hotel is full (and I mean full) of TN memorabilia. Right from the 29 Ford Roadster to the llamas on property. This place has everything. The rooms are clean and well appointed for a Hampton. The reason to stay here is the 'stuff' that Hacksaw (the owner) has acquired over years and years and is displayed in every hall.

From signed pictures of governors to homecoming banners to TN moviestars to presidents to instructions for making your own moonshine. There is history all over this hotel.

When you stay here, be sure to walk out the front during sunset and watch a great sunset over the lake from the hotel. There are fantastic old seats which look like they are from an old chairlift available to guests. Its an unexpected pleasure to find a gem like this.

The hotel does have a pool and while we didnt use it, there were about 15 people having a great time so its another positive for the hotel.

In terms of food in the area, there is a Shoneys and a local BBQ restaurant. Both decent.

Overall we give it a big thumbs up! Thanks again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jay F

Thank you Jay F for your very kind review. So glad that you enjoyed all of the pictures and llamas. We look forward to seeing you again on more future stays. Thanks again!!!

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my wife on our way to Ft Knox, KY on July 3rd. Room was clean and nice and every person we encountered treated us with kindness and concern. The surrounding area is beautiful and there are several things to do. We will definitely stay here again!

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you traveler3278 for your review. Glad you enjoyed your stay look forward to seeing you again!!!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

The hotel staff was so friendly and the rooms were extremely comfortable. I really loved the Neutrogena amenities in the bathroom. The history that is displayed throughout the hotel was amazing. This is a place to visit all by itself, but we will stay again when we are going through this area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you Patricia H for your review. So glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Caryville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Caryville
Super 8 Caryville TN
#4 of 4 in Caryville
Hampton Inn Knoxville/Clinton I-75
Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North

Been to Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park? Share your experiences!