“Second stay at Wingate”

Wingate by Wyndham Chattanooga
Ranked #9 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
“Second stay at Wingate”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2012

On my way from Texas to Virginia, I wanted to stop in Chattanooga for some sightseeing. I had stayed in a Wingate the night before in Tuscaloosa and liked that place so I opted to try Wingate again in Chattanooga. My original plan was to drive from Tuscaloosa early in the morning, do some sightseeing in Chattanooga most of what was left of the day and then check into a hotel for the night. The hotel is located on the east end of Chattanooga, which suited me fine, as I could continue my trip to Virginia in the morning without having to contend with downtown traffic in the morning. Well, I decided to do some additional sightseeing in the morning, so I had to drive back to Lookout mountain, but the traffic wasn't a problem. Most of the sightseeing is around Lookout Mountain, so I probably could have picked a closer hotel, but I'm not disappointed I stayed at the Wingate. I thought the Wingate in Tuscaloosa was a little nicer. Mostly I liked their shower better, everything else was about the same. I had a king bed and the room was nice and clean. Breakfast was good. It's the kind of overnight stay you would expect on a trip. A clean comfortable room where you can get a good nights rest, a breakfast that's more than just a continental breakfast, a good location, reasonable price, etc. In short, nothing to complain about.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Greg P, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Chattanooga, responded to this review, 27 August 2012
Dear Kaleu711,
Thankj for staying with us on your way to Virginia! We hope you enjoyed the sights here in Chattanooga. Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey. We value your opinions and suggestions and hope to see you again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Tampa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

Upon entering this hotel the smell of chlorine was powerful. It turned out it was because there was a jacuzzi behind a wall near the front desk. Luckily the odor was not in rooms, nor surprisingly was it in breakfast room. We had no "loose leaf binder" in the room, so did not know what the hotel offered or what TV channels were. Upon asking at front desk, I was told there was nothing like a binder, and someone went into another room and copied a piece of paper with TV channels on it.
The room was clean. But no fan in bathroom although we encountered this in many hotels along the way. Breakfast was nice.
My one problem was not really the cause of the Wingate. Since we were planning 2 days of activities in Chattanooga, I should have researched the location better. This was located about five miles down a busy highway from the city. We found a way back one night that was longer, but no highway. But that is my fault. Wingate clearly says where it is located. I don't think I would stay there again, but mainly because of location.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
bgopar, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Chattanooga, responded to this review, 23 August 2012
Dear valued guest SusMil, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is very important to us. We do have a guest binder with hotel info in each room usually on the TV stand, sometimes a previous guest may have put in a drawer. It was definitlely an oversight on our part for not having that out and visible to you. We have taken steps to ensure this does not happen again. Thank you again for staying with us. We hope to have the opportunity to see you again in the future. Have a wonderful day!
Valdosta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

Room was clean, but pricey. Clorine smell from the whirlpool was strong in hallways, but no smell in the room. Breakfast was a cut above the coffee and donuts offerrings of other establishments. As we were looking "to do some stuff" in Chattanooga, we should have booked in town or out on route I-24 for better access to the town's center, Ruby falls, and the incline train.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
bgopar, Front Office Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Chattanooga, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
Dear Tampaduck, thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We appreciate all of the feedback! We hope you will stay with is again on your next trip to Chattanooga! We are in a great area of the city and only about 15 minutes to all local attractions!
Gallatin, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

The staff is wonderful. I stay at this hotel almost monthly. My room is always clean and staff make me feel at home. It is very close to great restaurants and shopping !!!! It also includes a great breakfast, happy hour on Monday Tuesday and Wednesday nights. It is a very safe and secure property.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dear valued guest, thank you for all of the feedback given on your review. We certainly appreciate you staying with us each time you are in town!
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

Thank you to the entire staff at Wingate by Wyndham Chattanooga, for making our first stay a delightful experience! Everyone was always courteous and friendly, which made me not want to leave.
Upon arrival, Melanie welcomed me at the front desk, and made sure that my family and I were set for our first trip to the Tennessee Aquarium. She provided directions, tips on where to park as well as additional activities in the area that we would enjoy.
When we returned later in the evening, we discovered that the AC was not functioning properly. The night manager promptly switched us to another room and everything was great!
The breakfast selections were plentiful and varied. The eggs were very good, as were the other choices. Loved the coffee!
While the Wingate is ranked number 5 on Trip Advisor, you are number one in my book. I appreciate you all going the extra mile. My family and I look forward to returning soon!

Room Tip: Just choose the Wingate...you'll be happy you did!
1 Thank gcmusic
bgopar, Front Office Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Chattanooga, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Dear gcmusic,
Thank you for all of your feedback on your recent stay with us! We are pleased you enjoyed your visit to Chattanooga with us! Thank you for giving Wingate By Wyndham the opportunity to accommodate your family! We have a lot of fun things to do here! Our guest service associates would be happy to assist on your next trip!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

Stayed at this property based on good reviews and were not disappointed. Just a few blocks from plenty of shopping and a cinema – which we enjoyed. Paid a little more to stay here that we usually would for a leisure trip, but thought it was worth the price.

Dear A-Lucky-Man,
Thank you for the great review! We appreciate you guys choosing to stay with us! We hope to see you again soon!
Owens Cross Roads, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

On our 24th anniversary we booked in another hotel and was disappointed sorely by the accommodations and refused to stay there and drove up to this hotel on Shallowford road on July 2, 2012 and was elated with everything starting with the welcome we received to the time we checked out 3 days later. The room was immaculate and smelled great. The staff was always pleasant. The breakfast was more than we expected even when we got there late. So we definitely will book there whenever we have to stay in Chattanooga again and strongly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
bgopar, Front Office Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Chattanooga, responded to this review, 20 July 2012
Dear havolin,
First of all, Happy Anniversary to you both! We are happy you guys spending your time here with us during such a special occasion. Thank you for the review! We hope you guys will stay with us on your next trip! If it is a special occasion, please let us know in advance, we would be happy to do somethings special for your arrival.