This hotel is located in the Hamilton Place district and is near a variety of restaurants and stores. Check-in went smoothly and they have cold water, cookies, fresh fruit, and newspapers available to guests in the lobby.
They offer a continental hot breakfast between 6 - 9 am but we had brought our own fruit and greek yogurt so we did not partake. They also have a manager's reception in the lobby on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evenings from 5 - 7 pm, but we didn't partake of that either.
They have a fairly small parking lot, and I anticipate that parking might be an issue on a busy weekend. Our room was on the fourth floor at the end of a hallway near the housekeeping closet and stairs. It was clean and comfortable with a king size bed, desk, and a chair with an ottoman. It was fairly true to the photo on the website.There was no table in the room so we either had to eat at the desk, in the lounge chair, or in the bed. The room did have a fridge and coffee maker.
The bathroom was well stocked with towels and washcloths,bath mats, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, face towelettes, face soap, and body soap. There was a mounted clock and hair dryer on the wall, but the hair dryer would alternate between cold and hot air whether or not you were holding down the cold air button. Also the built in digital clock was not set to the correct time nor were there instructions to access it so you could correct it. Also the bathroom door would not stay open without being propped open and the stopper in the tub would not stay up so the bathtub would fill with water whenever we would take a shower. Also there is not a lot of headroom in the bathroom, and especially not in the shower for anyone over 6 feet tall. The shower did have a nice adjustable pulsating shower head.
The fridge would make a random chirping and ringing noise but it wasn't bad enough to warrant a move. We found that we would just have to turn the temperature up a bit whenever it started chirping and that would fix it temporarily.
They did supply coffee and tea with the coffee maker.
The walls were very thin and we could hear everything happening in the room next to us, in the hallway, and even outside. The last night we stayed there, we heard voices outside until well after 4 am.
The bed was comfortable but the pillows were not. They were loosely stuffed and were practically flat, and not very comfortable for trying to sit up in bed and watch tv or read.
Our room was cleaned everyday and the bed was made and fresh towels were left daily.
My biggest two complaints: 1) We came back one afternoon and I had left my tablet charging on the bedside table while we were out. When I opened it that evening I noticed that several apps that I do not and had not used had been opened during the day while we were gone. They do provide a safe in the room, but it does not have a plug inside for charging, so I had opted to leave it out since it is covered under theft protection.
2) My husband left a shirt in the closet, and when we called to ask them if they could get it and mail it to us, they said they would check the room and get back to us, but that one had not been turned in. We have yet to hear back from them three days later.
Overall, for the discounted rate we paid ($85/night + tax), it was a clean and comfortable and safe place to stay and we would probably stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make the most of your trip to Tennessee at Wingate by Wyndham Chattanooga hotel. Conveniently located off Interstate 75 and just 15 minutes from Chattanooga Metropolitan Airport, our non-smoking hotel in Chattanooga, TN, offers thoughtful accommodations for both leisure and business travelers. Wake up to a free hot breakfast, and use free Wi-Fi Internet access to plan your day from the comfort of your hotel room. Our hotel near Ruby Falls features a full fitness center and hot tub. Kids 17 and under stay free with an adult. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Chattanooga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wingate By Wyndham Chattanooga Hotel Chattanooga
- Wingate Hotel Chattanooga